• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Why would it only be 2-C?
The whole universe was in danger but that does not indicate anything else, Asgard and the other realms were involved but we have no idea if that also affected beyond the Yggdras base

But well, Odin is stronger after that battle, since infinity had a small part of the power of Infinity (Abstract sister of Eternity), so Odin pre-split<Odin Post fusion

The whole universe was in danger but that does not indicate anything else, Asgard and the other realms were involved but we have no idea if that also affected beyond the Yggdras base

But well, Odin is stronger after that battle, since infinity had a small part of the power of Infinity (Abstract sister of Eternity), so Odin pre-split<Odin Post fusion
This dosen't really matter. The point is odin is depicted as on par with the abstracts.

I'm not asking if the MCU's cosmology can be scaled to Earth 616, but is the MCU in the same multiverse?

Kevin Feige consider it to run separately, but Marvel Comic's editorial department apparently considers a very similar universe that they have published comic books for to be a part of their comic book multiverse, as it received a multiverse number if I remember correctly.

Yes, the handbooks are recurrently very unreliable.

Officially Kevin Feige has the final say regarding this issue, not Tom Brevoort.

Well, they usually get the comparative statistics wrong and rescale power levels and modify events as the editors see fit. For example, if we should believe the handbooks, Thor can only lift 95 tons, Odin is not even of a planet-level scale, and Dormammu never held his own against Eternity.

I do not know if Kevin Feige is a good writer, but he is in charge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which brings enormously more money to Disney than the comic books do.

Last edited:
Well, She-Hulk is arguably the nicest Marvel Comics character, or at least among the absolutely nicest of them, so I think that I like her best among them.

Tom DeFalco's version of Thor was also really noble, and Fred Van Lente's Hercules is another favourite.

Christopher Priest's Black Panther was also great.

Reed Richards and The Thing are also really nice people.

The X-Men largely seem to be written as anti-villains or sometimes outright villains nowadays, so that is not good at all in my book.

Last edited:
I'm not asking if the MCU's cosmology can be scaled to Earth 616, but is the MCU in the same multiverse?
I think it probably isn't, as in Multiverse of Madness it was said that America Chavez was unique in that she was the only one that didn't have parallel versions of herself, she was the only America Chavez in the Multiverse. There are, of course, several different America Chavez in the comics.

I think it probably isn't, as in Multiverse of Madness it was said that America Chavez was unique in that she was the only one that didn't have parallel versions of herself, she was the only America Chavez in the Multiverse. There are, of course, several different America Chavez in the comics.
With the new Retcon makes even less sense since America was a normal human while in the MCU she goes by her previous explaination of coming from another dimension

While i don't know much about cosmologys, couldn't this be explained by Marvel comics cosmology being bigger than the MCU's multiverse

The thing with the Marvel omniverse is that portions of multiverses can overlap into larger structures.

The MCU universe being called 616 is one of the greatest blunders in cinematic writing Marvel has made to date. I can't even imagine what was going through their minds when they made that scene.

Back