• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Power of Chi: Kung Fu Panda

So, now that Po is Uni+ and MFTL+, it’s time to add some abilities to him.

Currently, the Wellspring is accepted to be responsible for the creation of the Shuyong Tree and the Eternal Chord.

CONNECTION BETWEEN WELLSPRING AND SHUYONG/EC+WELLSPRING HYPE STATEMENTS:

MORE CHI POWER = HIGHER SPEED:

However, something that I didn’t focus on enough during those revisions is that because the chi of the Wellspring was responsible for these, it means that concepts like time, and sound, were also in some way created because of chi. Which makes sense, as there is a point in Kung Fu Panda where time did not exist, but objects created by chi that allowed for the creation of time did exist. Similarly, sound as a concept also requires chi energy to fuel it, meaning without chi, there can be no sound. (As demonstrated in the prior threads, where entities that were fueled by chi like Po simply died when their chi was lost).

IMGUR LINK WITH EVIDENCE THAT CHI IS REQUIRED FOR CHI BASED ORGANISMS TO LIVE+BRIEF CHI EXPLANATION

As such, the Wellspring or potentially chi in general, should have:

-Time Manipulation: The Wellspring created and gives power to the Shuyong Tree, and the Shuyong Fruit, which can allow for time travel, time rewinding, potential multilocation, and potentially time stop (The Shuyong stopped Fenghuang’s attack in midair).

IMGUR LINK SHOWING TIME MANIPULATION ABILITIES:

-Sound Manipulation: Sound requires chi as an energy source to function in the world of KFP.

-Conceptual Manipulation (Creation, Type 2): The Wellspring and chi are able to bring concepts like sound and time into existence, along with all the fundamental aspects of the universe, via giving power to the Eternal Chord.

-Levitation/Momentum Manipulation/Fire Manipulation: This is a general chi user thing, as Master Lu harnessed the chi energy of sound to make several rocks float in the air, stop moving crossbow arrows dead in their tracks, set their tips on fire, and then shot them into some fireworks.

However, since all sound has chi attached to it, this also includes the sound generated by the Anti-Chord, the polar opposite of the Eternal Chord that would reduce the universe back to the formless void it originated as. So, chi should also get:

-Void Manipulation: Can return the universe to a void of nothingness by using the power of the Anti-Chord, which is fueled by the chi energy of sound.

-Conceptual Destruction (Type 2): The Anti-Chord’s success would strip the universe of concepts like celestial bodies, plants, light, and all other aspects associated with the known universe by returning said universe to a formless void of nothing.

IMGUR LINK SHOWING THE POWERS OF SOUND, AND BY PROXY CHI DUE TO SOUND ONLY EXISTING BECAUSE OF CHI, AS WELL AS THE POWERS OF THE ETERNAL AND ANTI CHORD WHICH ONLY CAN EXIST VIA SOUND

(Referring to all powers barring time manip)

In regards to looping around to Po, by the end of Paws of Destiny the Wellspring’s power ends up going inside of Po, so if he didn’t have it before, he should have all of these abilities now in both his base and dragon form at the end of Paws of Destiny, along with Jindiao post-Wellspring absorption. (I know it says chi of the planet but I think this is a contradiction for reasons stated in the other threads). For other chi manipulators it’s kind of up in the air, but I’m willing to limit it to just the characters with actual Wellspring chi inside them:

IMGUR LINK EXPLAINING PO HAS WELLSPRING CHI INSIDE HIM, AND THUS HAS ALL THE POWERS WHICH WELLSPRING CHI GRANTS, INCLUDING THE POWERS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED DUE TO THEM COMING FROM SOURCES THAT WELLSPRING CHI CREATED AND SUSTAINS:

In terms of resistances, Jindiao hits Po with his green breath attack and Po is only dazed for a little bit. This green attack shares many similarities with the beams Jindiao fires from his hands a couple seconds later, which should be chi beams, as evil chi attacks in the series are primarily green (see Kai), and the breath attack Po is hit by is very different from the green flame attack Jindiao uses when outside the spirit realm minutes later. So, Po at least in his Dragon form should get the above resistances. And while Jindiao did get hit by a four constellations combined chi attack, the Wellspring was not inside of them at the time, so whether Jindiao gets the resistance is also debatable (although he probably should, since his chi level is on par with Po’s at the time):

IMGUR LINK SHOWING PO GETTING HIT BY BEAMS FROM WELLSPRING AMPED JINDIAO THAT APPEAR IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY BARRING COLOR TO CHI BEAMS, SHOWING THESE ARE LIKELY JINDIAO’S CHI ATTACKS, SHOWING PO CAN TANK ATTACKS FROM WELLSPRING CHI AND ITS ABILITIES WITH JUST NORMAL DAMAGE, MEANING HE SHOULD HAVE A RESISTANCE TO WELLSPRING CHI ABILITIES

Credit to Animated Movie Explainer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-1j-czLdenk and MV Strange: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ps5aGTRCqA

Agree: Greatsage13th, LuffyRuffy46307, Ednaxel2, Aolphl

Disagree:

Last edited:
I did link all the episode sources with time stamps in the OP, they’re all Legends of Awesomeness/Paws of Destiny episodes.

Is it not possible to just look at the episodes and time stamps I mentioned to see what I’m saying.

And anything else, like the time stamps regarding the Eternal Chord and Wellspring, can be found in the threads linked in the OP

Last edited:
Is it not possible to just look at the episodes and time stamps I mentioned to see what I’m saying.

And anything else, like the time stamps regarding the Eternal Chord and Wellspring, can be found in the threads linked in the OP
look i'm not trying to be a bad guy, still, the thing is, you are the OP who make the claim, thus you are the one who need to show the evidences, not asking other to look for the video and the time stamps, that bad practice

look i'm not trying to be a bad guy, still, the thing is, you are the OP who make the claim, thus you are the one who need to show the evidences, not asking other to look for the video and the time stamps, that bad practice
bro wtf, this is just stupid derailing

No one seemed to have a problem in the other threads but okay, I’ll do the best I can.

But there won’t be subtitles cuz the site I used doesn’t have them.

bro wtf, this is just stupid derailing
i don't really care about other verse, and that revision is bad anyway, lastly, me or any other isn't obligated to look up the video/movie and the time stamps, it is the job of the one who make the claim having evidences presented

Also, since i'm vietnamese, i can only look up to video that have vietnamese subtitles, which not really helpful for evaluation anyway

i don't really care about other verse, and that revision is bad anyway, lastly, me or any other isn't obligated to look up the video/movie and the time stamps, it is the job of the one who make the claim having evidences presented
it doesn't really matter if you don't care about the verse
this wiki accepted a revision where user had references and didn't have to send scans

it doesn't really matter if you don't care about the verse
this wiki accepted a revision where user had references and didn't have to send scans
i mean, if the OP don't want to upload any scans or evidences, and staffs magically still agree with what he said, then i have nothing to say. Next time probably i gonna make a DBH revision with no scans and only some references and ask others to look for evidences then

OP is updated with scans, there are some I can’t really clarify with scans without looking at the original context though (like chi fueling sound)

gonna rewatch this with vietnamese subs though, to see if there is any helpful things, but lol this gonna be hard

iirc this is the 3rd movie right??

No, it’s all from the TV shows. Legends of Awesomeness and Paws of Destiny. Dragon Knight has some good stuff but I’m focusing on these for now.

Not super well versed in the idea of concept stuff so, I guess I could try to explain it better if you stated the issues with it.

I did find a couple videos for PoD and LoA so, hopefully it’s a bit more clear now. There are two I couldn’t find related to Jindiao’s fire breath and his hand chi beams, but the last two images at the bottom of the OP represent those.

I did find a couple videos for PoD and LoA so, hopefully it’s a bit more clear now. There are two I couldn’t find related to Jindiao’s fire breath and his hand chi beams, but the last two images at the bottom of the OP represent those.
You should probably put the specific clips into imgur posts and then properly link them

Back