• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung Fu Panda 4 - Additions (SPOILERS)

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
I already posted this and my thoughts in the KFP4 discussion thread. Would not recommend the movie tbh but all the same, last spoiler warning.

AP
The Chameleon's power level is weird. There's one of two interpretations that can be made - either the Chameleon is as strong as the character she is shapeshifting into or her strength is constant, equal to Po's level. There's one quote that stands out in particular:
"I'm stronger than any opponent you've faced because I am every opponent you've faced."
The Chameleon gets stronger and more skilled by absorbing the moves of every Kung Fu Master villain in the spirit realm. This is further shown by how the other masters became powerless after being hit by Chameleon's tongue attack. She's also able to use other characters abilities while in other shapeshifted forms (e.g. fire breath, her tongue attack). With this, I think two conclusions can be made:

-Po was able to take numerous attacks from himself well, including Chameleon's strongest attacks, so his durability should (up)scale from his AP.
-Po KO'd the Chameleon (who was somewhat weakened) in a single chi attack. Po's chi should largely upscale from his physical attacks.
All three points are consistent with how Po is treated in the rest of the canon. This also means that, as the Chameleon's AP =/= the form she is in, Shen and Tai Lung do not scale to this Po. General Kai is the weird one, since most of the power he had was not his own, and assuming KFP 3 wasn't completely retconned, he lost the chi of every master he took it from. And when he fought Oogway (start of KFP3), he noted that Kai had grown stronger, which is where we learn that Kai had taken the chi of every master AND where he performed his 7-C feat. So here's what I'm proposing:

KFP4 Po/Chameleon AP: At least 8-B (Po can harm Chameleon, who is equal in power to Po and at least superior to Kai before he started stealing chi. Should be superior to his KFP3 self), likely 7-C (Chameleon was stated to be Po's strongest opponent, and his greatest villain, and should therefore be stronger than the Kai that Po fought). At least 7-C with Mastery of Chi (Po's chi usage is likely stronger than before. He ko'd Chameleon in a single chi strike)

Abilities
Po is able to create gusts of wind and ground tremors with his physical attacks, which have noticeable effects on villagers near his demonstrations. Not really combat applicable, but this gives him limited Air Manipulation and Vibration Manipulation.
Po is able to break magically enchanted cages, which were believed by the Chameleon (Po's physical equal) to be unbreakable. So Po has some limited Resistance to Magic as he's able to physically overcome magic that he shouldn't otherwise.
Po saw Chameleon's plan through his dreams, which Chameleon confirmed was what actually happened. This is Clairvoyance (though not combat applicable).
With chi, Po is able to take the stolen powers and return it to the other masters. This counts for Power Bestowal and another form of Absorption.
Po should also get a skill upgrade. Despite the flimsy writing, Po is considered to be enough of a master to move on from being the Dragon Warrior and become the next spiritual leader (a la Oogway). He also fought on par with Chameleon, who had the combined skill of Kai, Tai Lung and numerous other masters.
Minor thing, but Tai Lung gets hit by his own nerve attack technique (from the Chameleon) and is able to move and talk afterwards. Considering the Furious Five were explicitly unable to do this, and the Chameleon's nerve strike is a replica of Tai Lungs, then Tai should get limited Resistance to Pressure Points.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, I just learnt this ability exist but Po probably qualifies for Superhuman Precision. Just learnt about it. Po may qualify for it as early as kung fu panda 2, but here are some notable feats:
-He hits a tuning fork such that Shen's neck gets wedged in-between the two prongs: here.

Oh and by the way, I just learnt this ability exist but Po probably qualifies for Superhuman Precision. Just learnt about it. Po may qualify for it as early as kung fu panda 2, but here are some notable feats:
-He hits a tuning fork such that Shen's neck gets wedged in-between the two prongs: here.
Those two last scans aren't loading for me.

Hmm... that's annoying. I don't have the clips for this anymore, it's from the episode kung shoes. I'll get the clips tomorrow since they need to be updated on the profile as well.

Those two last scans aren't loading for me.
Here's the proof in question. If someone could upload this to another site so it can go on the profile then it'd be much appreciated.

Note that this doesn't matter as much, since Kung Shoes specifically enhances Po's skill (by a lot), so if Po is accepted to have Superhuman Precision from his KFP2 feats then this will just be tertiary evidence. Also the main purpose of the thread is to update Po's statistics to reflect what was shown in KFP4, I just tagged this on because it was uncontroversial and the first time I learnt that we had that ability.

I agree with this.

With the issue of AP at hand with the Chameleon the likely 7-C should be a good placeholder since the director of the movie doesn’t even seem to have a good grasp of Kai’s previous fate in the last movie, considering how he died should’ve negated him beyond losing his powers.

Although weird thing is if the staff is using Po’s Chi or is just a property of its weapon. Since Zhen uses it as well to hurt the Chameleon badly at first. If it was in just relation to the weapon. Kai took the blast from it fine in the first movie so it’s a little weird in that respect.

Speaking of which. That begs the question of Zhen. She hurts Po and breaks his defensive block that leaves him out a breath in their rematch. Although I know we previously took the Jade Zombies hurting Po as just comedic effect and hence not scaling or “harm” so if that applies here that should be decided. If she doesn’t scale to Po, she does briefly spar with KFP4 Tigress briefly for what it’s worth. She also takes attacks from an angry Chameleon in her normal body.

Should this apply to Shifu? Since he did the rain drop feat or no considering he does this once

Speaking of which. That begs the question of Zhen. She hurts Po and breaks his defensive block that leaves him out a breath in their rematch. Although I know we previously took the Jade Zombies hurting Po as just comedic effect and hence not scaling or “harm” so if that applies here that should be decided. If she doesn’t scale to Po, she does briefly spar with KFP4 Tigress briefly for what it’s worth. She also takes attacks from an angry Chameleon in her normal body.
Yeah the Zhen scaling is messy, she has the "legends of awesomeness" problem of needing to scale to Po even when he outclasses her in every other way. She did also seemed outclassed against untransformed Chameleon until she used the chi blast, and it could be argued that the Chameleon only wanted to slap Zhen around instead of outright killing her, whether out of arrogance or some misplaced affection.

Idk how to treat the chi stuff, the chi construct is a dragon so I'm willing to believe it is either Po's chi stored in the staff, or it's some sort of foreshadowing that Zhen will become the dragon warrior, in which case she has chi strong enough to harm Chameleon.

With the issue of AP at hand with the Chameleon the likely 7-C should be a good placeholder since the director of the movie doesn’t even seem to have a good grasp of Kai’s previous fate in the last movie, considering how he died should’ve negated him beyond losing his powers.
This is honestly an issue with the whole thread lol, it's so poorly made in terms of continuity, but I think this is the best way of making sense of it all.
Should this apply to Shifu? Since he did the rain drop feat or no considering he does this once
Probably yes, in all honesty this could apply to other characters too but it just came to my mind for Po when I found out about the power's existence.

Yeah the Zhen scaling is messy, she has the "legends of awesomeness" problem of needing to scale to Po even when he outclasses her in every other way. She did also seemed outclassed against untransformed Chameleon until she used the chi blast, and it could be argued that the Chameleon only wanted to slap Zhen around instead of outright killing her, whether out of arrogance or some misplaced affection.
Yeah while we could say Po is holding back, it gets weird when Zhen seems to be a physical challenge to Po. Although with the Chamelon I guess that could be because she trained her, I remember the Chamelon saying she "knows all her moves."
Idk how to treat the chi stuff, the chi construct is a dragon so I'm willing to believe it is either Po's chi stored in the staff, or it's some sort of foreshadowing that Zhen will become the dragon warrior, in which case she has chi strong enough to harm Chameleon.
Yeah. I would say KFP3 establishes that Po has a ton of chi stored before even mastering it (It took Kai way longer to take Po's chi than Oogways) although if the director doesn't even seem to know that Kai shouldn't be in the spirit realm, that is negated.

Probably yes, in all honesty this could apply to other characters too but it just came to my mind for Po when I found out about the power's existence.
Yeah. I think it only applies to Po, Shifu, and Oogway.

Has anyone ever thought about Oogway being Low 6-B for him saying his fight with Kai shook the earth?
Yes. They said it was hyperbolic though. The painting does make it out that the background of where they were fighting was decimated but that'd be a support feat for 7-C that they currently have.

Back