• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven’t seen this thread, please read through, as I’ll be referring back to it a fair bit.

Most of it passed comfortably, but the topic of Low 2-C was asked to be discussed in a separate thread.

The main argument for it is that, as established in the series, chi is within all living things, and gives them their power. Kai stealing the chi of others, even those who couldn’t actively manipulate it, boosted his power. And when Po lost his chi in Legends of Awesomeness, he was so weak he couldn’t stand on his own (LoA ‘Enter the Dragon’ (38:23), and actually died a few minutes later (40:33), only being brought back when his chi was restored (41:38).

So, chi provides living beings with the strength to live and their power.

This is relevant because in the episode “A Stitch in Time” (which conveniently is immediately after the Eternal Chord episode in release order), the Shuyong Tree (or Tree of Eternity) is introduced. The tree is stated to be able to create “little bits of time” with its seeds, it’s fruit allows for the control of time, and it has existed since before the beginning of time, and will exist after it ends. With this in mind, it’s safe to say that time as a concept was likely created by this tree.

And as it happens, not only is it a tree, which is a living organism, but it’s also sentient, as it speaks to Po and Fenghuang. So it likely is fueled by chi, just as they are.

So, not only does chi create space in the form of the universe, it creates time in the form of the Shuyong. This would likely scale to the Wellspring, for much of the same reasons as the Eternal Chord scaling worked, as the area before time began that was visited in Legends of Awesomeness featured no other organic beings outside of the Shuyong.

However, I imagine creating time isn’t enough, so I’ll refer to one of the possible Low 2-C criteria:

“Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting, creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space”

As mentioned in the previous thread, Jindiao broke a hole in the fabric of the Spirit Realm just by blasting it with his fire, which was stated by Master Blue Dragon to require “a greater power than the Spirit Realm” to do so. Master White Tiger later clarified the Spirit Realm as having “no true borders”, and that he could be anywhere.

Since the realm isn’t shown bleeding into the main realm naturally, it having no true borders likely isn’t referring to it connecting to other realms naturally, and moreso that the realm itself is infinitely sized. This is actually backed up by the numerous statements of the Wellspring having limitless or infinite or endless chi power within it, as adding that power to Jindiao’s existing power would be above infinite power, and thus above the power the Spirit Realm has as an infinite size realm.

So, Jindiao has not only infinite 3D strength, allowing him to break part of the Spirit Realm apart to escape it, but also has the chi power that created time, a 4D construct. Meaning his power is qualitatively superior to just standard 3D strength, and has the potential to breach into the tier 2 range.

If this was accepted, only those who scale to Wellspring amplification Jindiao to some degree would scale with him (I.e. PoD Po, Jindiao himself, and Oogway for his potentially rating).

I'm honestly waiting to see someone with some contentions for this. I remember this upgrade being a lot harder to get accepted.

I...suppose this makes sense.

I haven't seen that much of PoD yet, but I suppose the reasoning tracks.

I thought it would need 3.

I guess the only thing left is to decide whether it should apply as a possibly/likely or flat rating to replace 3-A, I’m flexible

Last edited:
Well, I still think that this seems far too inconsistent with the scale of power that Jindiao, Po, and the others demonstrated in practice during their fights, but then again, Dragon Ball characters do not constantly blow up the surrounding universe with their every strike either, so I suppose that I am neutral regarding this issue.

Yeah, that’s why I also suggest making the characters only scale to these stats with chi manipulation, because they also fight fodder who narratively have no reason to be universal (Jade Tusk, random pigs, etc). Base stats can just be what they were pre-chi in KFP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back