• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Hey, guys, look, it finally happened. Arc 1 Valev gets to fight The Fallen Elf Generals missing their special Keys of Power like everyone always joked. To, uh, make this not another Loltimestop stomp, one caveat here: namely, Valev gets but a single time stop in this battle (and knows this)... use it wisely. (Note that merely slowing/speeding it up isn't limited in this way.)

To further spice things up, I will say that each start on opposite ends of an abandoned Manhattan (north to south, or ~10 miles) as a whole, rather than simply Central Park. Each has a brief description of the appearance of the foe/s they must defeat in order to win, and 30 seconds of prep time, but otherwise can fight normally. Areas outside the city limits remain inaccessible until the fight is won. (Does this correlate at all to the ongoing Cataclysm Valev's participating in right now, in which New York City and fallen elves may or may not currently be involved? Hmmm.)

Oh, and lastly Speed's equalized, because, you know, Supersonic+ vs. Massively Hypersonic's a not great idea generally.

Who would win? State your reasoning, have fun kids, etc.

Heck.

First off, if Valev knows he's limited in time stops and knows he's fighting two enemies, he's probably going to take this decently more serious. Without his failsafe of time stop, he'll have to be quite a bit more resourceful. Given they are 10 miles away, this means Valev will have to take advantage of his other skills and abilities to pull out a win.

AP: Valev. While FEG stomp ~300 ton characters, Valev's around on par with characters slightly above 600 tons, so Valev can comfortably beat either of them in solo combat.

Speed: Likely Valev. They both have speed amp, but to my knowledge, Valev is far more likely to spam his speed amp which, to record, allows him to nearly blitz people in the verse who don't also have extremely fast speeds.

Intelligence and Skill: Intelligence likely goes to Valev simply by the nature of having justification and evidence at all. Skill is a bit closer, but Valev has far more years of experience here.

There being two Fallen Elf Generals with various sword skills is what really hits Valev hard, though. His advantage in any given category isn't massive, and the two of them are certainly very skilled in fighting together. While Valev can take on multiple enemies, the Fallen Elf Generals are a fair bit better than the average dope.

On the other hand, Valev does have his flames, although in a stealth battle he'll be unlikely to use them, especially against elves (He usually sees elves as more magic-oriented), although he may start using them more later in the battle if he sees they have little in the way of magic.

Fallen Elf General's ability to break weapons is also useful, as it limits Kiri. At the same time, Valev can use his time magic to reverse it back into place.

Now, to what will actually happen in the battle;

Naturally, Valev will take a few seconds to figure out what to do, and decide a stealthy approach is best. He'll put effort into this, seeing as elves in his minds have enhanced senses. However, even with the elves' enhanced senses, it's best not to underestimate his stealth. While a majority of his best stealth feats come in World of Myths, he's still adept in sneaking around and waiting for the right time to strike.

Extrasensory Perception lets him mess with Fallen Elf General's attempts at stealth slightly, although the fact that they literally lack a soul means that Valev will only be able to track their general vicinity rather than their exact location.

One big advantage for Valev is the location, surprisingly enough. The Fallen Elf Generals come from the SAOTTG, and by extension, a more fantasy-driven world. Meanwhile, Valev grew up his entire life in Noviaa City, which would resemble New York in quite a few ways. He'd have far more resourcefulness in finding his way around and improvising equipment if need be, compared to the Elves who would be fighting in a very new environment.

As the battle starts, Valev will likely take off towards a building and activate his reading of the leylines, sensing that while they don't have a soul, he can still track them based off of their power. He'll then move around stealthily, occasionally waiting completely still to wait for the Elves to come to him by chance. (Valev doesn't need to breathe, so if he stays still, there's really no way for the Fallen Elf Generals to hear him at all.)

The question is, though, can Valev beat the two of them? And in this scenario, yes. Valev will use his stealth to time stop and drag one of the Fallen Elf Generals across the city and to a hard-to-reach location, since in a one-on-one fight, he'll certainly win without much difficulty. By the time the other elf finds them, he'll probably have already taken one out, and then all he has to do is finish the job.

If things go horribly wrong, he can take to mid-ranged combat, bombarding them with Kiri attacks while slipping in and out of direct combat in an attempt to tire them out and figure out their weaknesses and flaws, and adapt to beat them.

As it is and based on what I've heard about the Generals from previous threads, I vote Valev.

Wouldn't restricting timestop be not addable

Also fork big wall text

Valev has gone without it before. Like, a lot.

I don't see an issue with it, personally, as the creator.

Also tl:dr strategically outskill and optimize on strengths, using strategies to attempt to separate or bombard the two.

Stomp entire groups of 300 Ton characters, to the point it would require like 20 of them to even stand a chance. Valev is at best even.

Fallen Elves would definitely use sword skills a ton, but, also note that SAO basically has no magic whatsoever. Sword Skills are just that, Skills. There's absolutely no magic to them, and the only thing we know of with magic are the keys and an item Toxix has. So if Valev actually decides to pull it it's GG

Stealth wouldn't be so easy with senses, considering they are comparable in perception to those who can a whisper from several feet away, hear the footsteps of a high agi character way behind them, and hear the ting of a weapon being stabbed into the top of Floor 1, which is an entire 500 meters up. Not to mention, when Valev actually singles one out, they're going to go loud in a heartbeat what with the collateral that they can cause when fighting.

Stealth won't be easy, but Valev has dealt with people with extremely sharpened perceptions as well. If he simply stops moving whatsoever, as well, there's nothing to hear.

If they don't have magic in literally any sense, while Valev's Flames would really beat them up, his Extrasensory Perception becomes even more wide-ranged and broad, which does work in their favor.

That is true, but a bit of time is all Valev really needs. Valev still likely has the AP advantage, as his listed AP value is around two times more and that was a casual attack by a friend of Valev's.

All and all, I see Valev winning more times than not. The massively expansive and confusing layout of a city like New York gives Valev quite a large stealth advantage seeing as he has massively more experience with stealth in cities. Once he isolates one of them, he can likely finish them off pretty quickly, and even if the other gets to them, he's not completely screwed and likely already injured the other.

I can't argue much about the Sword Skills outside of the two that are listed.

He'd still have to breathe though, which they could pick up on. Him holding his breath would in turn mean he'd run low on O2 eventually

Valev has to cleave through The Fallen Elves' health bar, which would take more time then he'd like (considering said bar took a few blows from 7-C likely Low 7-B characters before finally being finished off due to how the system is)

Well, the ones listed are the only ones with anything particularly special. Otherwise it's just stuns and AOE stuff.

Valev really doesn't have to breathe, though. He has Self Sustenance Type 1, 2, and 3.

It shouldn't take too long considering that the more times he hits with Kiri, the more damage it'll do. Thus, once he gets the upper hand, he'll be able to shred Fallen Elf Generals.

Yea, considering that Valev isn't even going to auto-lose if he fights both of them at once, I'm sticking with Valev on this one.

how the fork did I never notice that

Either way I dunno if Valev can really timestop and have enough time to grab the generals from a distance they won't pick up on his stealth on, run away to a distance far enough for him to get a good 1v1 kill, then take out both after it runs out

Considering Valev actually knows how to traverse New York City and they are equalized to greatly amped above Hypersonic+, he could easily take one somewhere within the five or so seconds (Since he's only using it once, he'd use the full duration) that the other couldn't easily follow.

Seriously, as someone who's lived in New York, it's an incredibly expansive and confusing place at times.

All Valev does need is an advantage, too. If he can heavily damage or take out one of the two, he's set to win handily.

I feel like Valev's biggest issue is that there's two of them, Time Stop is his saving grace, if FEG's do this right, they could always have the ability to fight in a way where Valev can't take out two at a time with one Time Stop, leaving him potentially open

It is his biggest issue, but not an insurmountable one. He's fought multiple enemies at once before, and he has a fair bit more versatility and range with base time manip, regen, Kiri, and a 1-of time stop.

He can use Time Stop for an advantage, then push forward with raw skill.

Right, even with one time stop, he still has many other advantages. I've made it clear he doesn't rely on it; while not having it sucks, he isn't crippled by it.

Hm... Not sure if one time stop would be quite enough, I doubt one of them would be enough to put one FEG down so easily or damage them to the point where they won't be able to work efficiently. From there, can't they just Speed Amp to victory? I guess I vote FEG for now...

Valev can speed amp, arguably higher than FEG, and I already specified some of his uses of time stop. Valev does not rely on it, and can fight multiple enemies without it. He spent a vast majority of World of Myths without it at all, only achieving it closer to the end.

I mention this all in the above posts, if you wish to read them.

How is his speed amp better exactly? Is that just a claim? If I recall, SAOTTRPG chars spam Speed Amp for everything they do

Smashtwig said:
How is his speed amp better exactly? Is that just a claim? If I recall, SAOTTRPG chars spam Speed Amp for everything they do
Not only does Valev spam it for everything he does (Later on, when he lost time stop, he used it for everything from reactions to AP), he will be using it more often and with more potency. (In TIC, in most worlds, spells scale with the mana put into them. So, if Valev doesn't have to worry about putting his mana into time stops, he can put that energy into more powerful rushes of speed.)

Magno, I highly recommend you read my arguments above, since it really doesn't seem like you've read them.

Smashtwig said:
SAOTTRPG chars spam Speed Amp for everything they do
Sword Skills are their bread and butter but not an infinite supply

Sword Skills are their bread and butter but not an infinite supply

That too.

Any other votes?

Oh. They aren't an infinite supply... Hm... I dunno, I still think the fact that there's two of them would give them an advantage, regardless if one takes a hit during Time Stop. I think FEG gets my vote

I still think you have not read a single argument above since you have not addressed a single issue, strategy, or point above.

Seriously, just read the argument before voting.

If that's a vote, then this will be 2-0, since Magno's vote didn't address a single point made.

I've already made my stance on the matchup. My vote is my vote, just because it isn't in Valev's favor doesn't mean it doesn't stand. If you don't count it as a vote, I guess that's fine. I can't do anything about it

Smashtwig said:
I've already made my stance on the matchup. My vote is my vote, just because it isn't in Valev's favor doesn't mean it doesn't stand. If you don't count it as a vote, I guess that's fine. I can't do anything about it
Now you are blatantly just not reading my posts at all.

Your argument had... absolutely zero response to a single one of my arguments, and on multiple occasions used debunked or downright false reasoning already covered above.

That's why your vote can't be counted. That's why it doesn't stand.

You can't call a sympathy card on an issue as simple as this, Magno. Just read the arguments.

Back