• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R3M1] FC/OC Low 7-B Tournament: GGesom vs Kai

Froggytron

He/Him
Congratulations to all 4 strong participants, who made it into the semi-finals! For the first fighter's place in the final match will compete the master of the elements, verse tournament traveler GGesom, and supreme digital world fighter, getting past powerful opponents with her unique sword arts, Kai!

Rules are stated in the tournament hub, so check those (the fight is made on an open field with 50 meters distance).

GGesom (key1):
(3.65 Megatons of TNT)

Kai: 4 (MintyBoi1, Smashtwig, DMUA, Froggytron)
(Baseline, 1 Megaton of TNT)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
GGesom starts by pointing his sword at Kai, reading all info about her and her weaknesses (none qwq). Seeing the menacing melee combos, GGesom starts jumping back (holds the distance) while activating the stealing process (8 minutes).

He then uses all his wind elemental power on 'Air strikes' (creating scalpel-sharp blades out of air molecules around Kai, mere centimeters from her neck, trying to KO her by powerful stabbing), while drinking his potions with the second hand (giving him medium stat upgrades, like better speed, regeneration, and strength, works as terraria potions you drink before fighting a boss). GGesom, expecting the dashing he read before with Information Analysis, is also ready to create a giant rock-hardened sphere shields around him, if the plan fails and Kai closes the distance quickly.

If he needs to point his sword at Kai, he's going to be getting that info almost simultaneously to her just Sonic Leaping and initializing the pressure and either having to take the hit (which might just overtly seal the fight there) or cutting off the info before he really gets much out of it. Similarly, his potions might be an asset but I'm not sure he's going to get much room to properly use them, especially since this is the first time in the tournament that Kai is up against a weapon user with a major lifting strength advantage, so a streak of bad luck and he could just get his weapon shattered by Deadly Sins, or disarmed with Snake Bite and Senda.

Air strikes are going to do damage, but Type 2 means that attacking the neck specifically isn't going to do that much to stop her, while the void shield is probably going to be a bit more of a hurdle, but they need to use their sword to pull that off, and she could use fakeouts to bait him putting up the sword one way, use Trickster to dash to another angle and hit them from that direction

Information Analysis is almost instant, it's like the info "was in GGesom's head before" and he remembers it by pointing at her. He drinks a speed potion first, which will double/triple+ the speed of drinking (in which GGesom is trained), the potions are kinda small. Kai having 'Deadly Sins' (assuming the user is stronger than the opponent wielding the weapon) is also why he takes distance, but the uses needs to be weaker to have his weapon shattered, GGesom is a strong swordsman and potions are boosting him.

If Kai somehow dashes to him before earth sphere shields are created around him, the sword fight would be like this, Kai would be taken aback by all these various sword moves he learned in different verses, giving him chances to jump away, creating the distance again. GGesom could also try a massive 'Wind Symphony (orchestra)' in all area around, all necessary is to lay 2 currents on Kai (one on her and 1 on her sword), then tear them apart and transport the sword kilometers far into sky with the current to make sure Kai doesn't take it back. He could do this with every backup sword she draws out, making her far less dangerous, and hold off these 8 minutes to doom her completely.

He still has to point the sword first, and Sword Skill Amps are more than enough to take advantage of something like that. And, yes, he has a lot of options to work with, but he doesn't get infinite action economy. He's going to have to deal with Kai's onslaught one way or another, and if that's via potions he has to chug down, he's liable to just have it get shattered with Senda for a rapid shutdown or otherwise stopped from drinking via Kai's attacks, which could snake bite and Deadly Sins have. At that, GGesom's rated at Class K via amps, while Kai grossly outscales Asterius rated in that very tier (And Deadly Sins/Snake Bite explicitly use Strength specifically instead of general power, so it's most equitable as lifting potential since that's the primary purpose of strength outside of Might and bare handed attacks)

You linking that scene in particular in Record of Ragnarok is kinda interesting just by the contrast. Kojiro's main deal is that he's so hyperaware of his surroundings, so fined tune with his situational awareness that he can essentially detect every single detail in the battlefield around him. Despite Posedion's speed advantage, Kojiro's sheer skill and the ability to note things down to the twitching of muscles, the shifting of weight, and every other manner of motion moments before an attack that he can still put up a fight that would be impossible on paper. In this context... Not so much, even if GGesom throws out sword techniques to try and deal with Kai, his only explicit stat amp are the potions (which are totally liable to be neutralized by Senda, a sword strike, or various other means) and he just doesn't have the skill to handle something coming at him as quickly as Kai can. Even him running is going to have limits on it's efficacy, considering Stinger, Trickster Style and Sonic Leap can all cross a Turn Range or more in tandem with attacks

The main thing I can really see being a hurdle is the Wind Symphony, by which case... She can unequip the sword for a bit. It's another thing I'm realizing I need to put on the pages, but SAO does have a menu based inventory and stuff can be equipped and unequipped pretty quickly. It's not going to immediately disarm her given the Lifting Strength advantage, but since it's going to be trouble, she can just put it away and go in with Martial Arts, where she still has Gengetsu and the previously mentioned Senda to work with to get hits in as the wind disperses, to which she can draw her sword again and get off a sword skill. Keep in mind, since his regeneration is reliant on potions, even one of those getting a proper hit in has the potential to end the matchup.

Addendum: I'm not likely to reply tomorrow, or much at all in the foreseeable future. It's personal stuff and I just don't want to throw myself way too hard into the tournament

He still has to point the sword first, and Sword Skill Amps are more than enough to take advantage of something like that. And, yes, he has a lot of options to work with, but he doesn't get infinite action economy.
Kai getting to GGesom (50 meters distance), the fragment of time the fight starts without it being Kai‘s ultimate move, before GGesom even points his sword at her (I would guess in less than 0.5 seconds) is far beyond stomping... It's even more ridiculous when „speed equalized rule“ is there, the way you present these 2x sword art characters just demolishes the tournament. I will respond to the message rest tomorrow probably.

if that's via potions he has to chug down, he's liable to just have it get shattered with Senda
As for potions, GGesom can drink multiple potions in a row with a single gulp (they are small). Throwing at least 4x into his mouth by a single hand swipe, then bending his head to the side while concentrating on the fight, I see almost no limitation there. Spamming his potions during the fight could deal with Kai's speed amps and her mighty strength, at least on the defensive side.
Kojiro's main deal is that he's so hyperaware of his surroundings, so fined tune with his situational awareness that he can essentially detect every single detail in the battlefield around him. Despite Posedion's speed advantage, Kojiro's sheer skill and the ability to note things down
Although nearly not like Kojiro, GGesom could also predict the opponent's moves by feeling ground vibrations and feeling air moving, since he lives with the elements he controls (through the sword), and the sword's information analysis property could be also exploited at reading the ground/air to help to predict the fight situations (at which it would point most of the time even during sword clash).

GGesom's limited light/sound manipulation used unexpectedly could also help disturb Kai's powerful continuous moves (like Phantom Rave) and his cape making him invisible for 10 seconds could also save his butt a few times. Using the zapping slashes (electricity is nearly instant and almost can't miss since the target's conductivity) could also break her continuous moves and give him a chance to gain distance.

As for possible GGesom's win-coins: Lucky 'Wind Symphony', which lands multiple currents at Kai's body, could just rip her to pieces and shatter them away (she doesn't seem to have High-mid+ regen to counter this situation). GGesom could also save his fire manip a few minutes, then extend the blade with fire blade just before a slash end, aimed at her head (which she would think she dodges by jumping back), decapitating her, and severing the body into pieces to be sure. If GGesom is lucky to survive with healing potions for the 8 minutes, he then steals all Kai's powers and skills, finishing the fight easily.

Although Kai (if lucky) could finish GGesom off by a good move combination, I think GGesom has a good counter arsenal, and more situations allowing him to win, Im leaning towards GGesom winning in more scenarios.

Kai getting to GGesom (50 meters distance), the fragment of time the fight starts without it being Kai‘s ultimate move, before GGesom even points his sword at her (I would guess in less than 0.5 seconds) is far beyond stomping... It's even more ridiculous when „speed equalized rule“ is there, the way you present these 2x sword art characters just demolishes the tournament. I will respond to the message rest tomorrow probably.
Speed Equalized is for it to start even, it deliberately allows speed amplifications to exist. I've been very consistent on what Sword Skills are capable of this entire tournament, and if you found it problematic you should have raised an eyebrow during Cinner's match when I first broke this information out, or Seelkadoom's match after that. The fact is, they're strong but they're also based on single attacks with cooldowns, so they can't really defend themselves that way (unless they have the OuSS that does that, but Gergy and Kai don't) and it's got gaps of normal speed, so it's not entirely insurmountable. I didn't even say it was before he pointed the sword, just that he's unlikely to get full information before she crosses the distance (Which, mind you, was before you specified his analysis speed), and that pointing the sword forward isn't a great stance for guarding an attack like Sonic Leap.
As for potions, GGesom can drink multiple potions in a row with a single gulp (they are small). Throwing at least 4x into his mouth by a single hand swipe, then bending his head to the side while concentrating on the fight, I see almost no limitation there. Spamming his potions during the fight could deal with Kai's speed amps and her mighty strength, at least on the defensive side.
As long as those things are in his hand, Senda would still be able to interrupt them going into his mouth by just punching it out of the way, if not proccing the disarm effect. Even if he rushes by just throwing them straight into his mouth, they're glass bottles, he doesn't have a hyper-acidic stomach that can just melt through that and get the potion to proc regardless
Although nearly not like Kojiro, GGesom could also predict the opponent's moves by feeling ground vibrations and feeling air moving, since he lives with the elements he controls (through the sword), and the sword's information analysis property could be also exploited at reading the ground/air to help to predict the fight situations (at which it would point most of the time even during sword clash).
Okay, that's just outright an entirely new ability his page doesn't specify on his air manipulation or information analysis (or it'd more be classified as enhanced senses, which is a power wholesale missing from his page). I know I've personally mentioned stuff Tabletop characters would be capable of despite me overlooking it on the page itself in some given scenarios, and I really should have proceeded to supply proof in those cases (Which I've amended in this thread with the unequipping thing, since that is a canon frame of reference that the SAO Tabletop also shares), but things shouldn't just be introduced on the fly, unless you have pre-written material to reference on the topic.
GGesom's limited light/sound manipulation used unexpectedly could also help disturb Kai's powerful continuous moves (like Phantom Rave) and his cape making him invisible for 10 seconds could also save his butt a few times. Using the zapping slashes (electricity is nearly instant and almost can't miss since the target's conductivity) could also break her continuous moves and give him a chance to gain distance.
Phantom Rave is actually a really bad example in particular because it's explicitly counter-proof, meaning it can't be interrupted by being attacked halfway through, so him trying that would probably result in the game being set from there. I also think you specifically need physical force to interrupt it, since sword skills are pre-set motions that the system carries out when it's activated, being blinded or deafened doesn't strictly change that

Invisibility is fair but Electricity is Supersonic by default. 4x his normal speed is still difficult to dodge, but it's a misnomer to call it "nearly instant" and unable to be dodged. If we're pulling out physics to try and say it homes in, conductivity would defocus the attack substantially because electricity is very bad at getting through air, making it a lot less effective. Even on a hit, it would do damage but she doesn't really have nerves, so there's no shock that'd interrupt her for a prolonged period like that
As for possible GGesom's win-coins: Lucky 'Wind Symphony', which lands multiple currents at Kai's body, could just rip her to pieces and shatter them away (she doesn't seem to have High-mid+ regen to counter this situation). GGesom could also save his fire manip a few minutes, then extend the blade with fire blade just before a slash end, aimed at her head (which she would think she dodges by jumping back), decapitating her, and severing the body into pieces to be sure. If GGesom is lucky to survive with healing potions for the 8 minutes, he then steals all Kai's powers and skills, finishing the fight easily.
SAO Avatars only really outright dismember to pinpointed attacks and critical hits, otherwise they can get their limbs and even neck slashed and only suffer an HP loss. She also only really dodges when it's impossible to counter, since Death Dancer allows her to just do that with impunity, so the more likely outcome is she sidesteps, moves in and gets in another cut on GGesom if he tries to do a mixup like that.

Healing Potions also specify Low-Mid, so on top of needing to drink those down with a hand Kai's more than able to attack, he can't do much against decapitation for himself, which Sword Skills could easily pull off if he's not taking care to mitigate them.

And as per stealing powers and skills, refer to the SAO Tabletop resistances blog. Granted it's on a saving throw, but even a 50/50% chance his wincon doesn't work heavily reduces his odds and might cost him the match by believing she should be nulled, charging in for a finishing blow and eating a Sword Skill point blank.
Although Kai (if lucky) could finish GGesom off by a good move combination, I think GGesom has a good counter arsenal, and more situations allowing him to win, Im leaning towards GGesom winning in more scenarios.
I'd honestly say the situation is quite the opposite. Kai's ability to apply pressure and disarm/outright destroy with Deadly Sins would be dramatically effective against even giving him the chance to buff up, heal or continue fighting with his sword, and her resistances hold up against his biggest trump card. She can neutralize his disarming tactics via lifting strength and unequipping her weapon and continuing the fight with Martial Arts for a moment before drawing again, her Type 2 means that while he can't really get an instantly lethal shot, she certainly can, her mobility means that trying to run away is going to run into issues..

Keep in mind, this is going to be an intense fight on either end, both of them have to exhibit a lot of their skill to shut down the other and there's plenty of margins for error, but more things favor Kai than favor GGesom by my analysis.

Last edited:
The fact is, they're strong but they're also based on single attacks with cooldowns, so they can't really defend themselves that way (unless they have the OuSS that does that, but Gergy and Kai don't)
GGesom getting information by pointing is instant, it may take about 2 seconds to process it all, but the information is already in his head, no pointing stance is required further. As you write, between their deadly moves, their defense abilities are low. Lucky laid 'Wind Symphony' or sneaky 'fire blade extension' could KO them, giving lots % of win scenarios to GGesom.
As long as those things are in his hand, Senda would still be able to interrupt them going into his mouth by just punching it out of the way, if not proccing the disarm effect. Even if he rushes by just throwing them straight into his mouth, they're glass bottles, he doesn't have a hyper-acidic stomach that can just melt through that and get the potion to proc regardless
GGesom definitely gets some potions into himself with 50m distance (they work instantly like in Terraria, running out after 8 minutes). As for in the middle fight, he could just bite the bottles (if one of the potions is regen one, to heal glass injuries). More clever would be using 2% of the sword's wind power to just open the bottles and let the wind get the liquid into him. Senda may diminish 60% of attempts, but more and more potions will stack.

The area inform. analysis is new, but the way characters develop their moves by combining their powers, without power bestowal in the fight, to match their stronger enemy.
Invisibility is fair but Electricity is Supersonic by default. 4x his normal speed is still difficult to dodge, but it's a misnomer to call it "nearly instant" and unable to be dodged.
The electrical current making is 1/3 of light speed, but 4x speed would still be hard to dodge for Kai, stunning her
+about power stealing failing, GGesom would just nullify all her skills while rather using his wind to destroy her, to play it safe if she has some hidden weapon
Keep in mind, this is going to be an intense fight on either end, both of them have to exhibit a lot of their skill to shut down the other and there's plenty of margins for error, but more things favor Kai than favor GGesom by my analysis.
The fight has good % odds of winning just by 1 move for both, Kai luckily decapitating GGesom, GGesom tearing Kai 'Wind Symphony', power nullifies after 8 minutes or 'fire blade extension'. Even if slightly, I still favor GGesom.

Seems like we will need some 3rd party votes to decide this match with our different opinions.

I’ll vote Kai due to her ability to take lethal hits that GGesom is made to try and being able to blitz while crossing kilometers, alongside moves like Phantom Rave and her counters. She would be able to fearlessly charge while he’s coming up with all these plans, quickly being dismantled. Like Kaneda vs Gaolong in Kengan Ashura. GGesoms best strats seem to rely on playing the long game which Kai outright ruins with some of her moves.

Vote counted, but I still wonder how Kai counters being torn to pieces by 'Wind Symphony' or being sneaky decapitated by 'fire blade extension' while in a rush to kill GGesom.

SAO Avatars only really outright dismember to pinpointed attacks and critical hits, otherwise they can get their limbs and even neck slashed and only suffer an HP loss. She also only really dodges when it's impossible to counter, since Death Dancer allows her to just do that with impunity, so the more likely outcome is she sidesteps, moves in and gets in another cut on GGesom if he tries to do a mixup like that.
Taking word of God here

Vote counted, but I still wonder how Kai counters being torn to pieces by 'Wind Symphony' or being sneaky decapitated by 'fire blade extension' while in a rush to kill GGesom.
Edit: amusingly I posted this immediately before the thread revealed that Minty posted the same thing, so

The area inform. analysis is new, but the way characters develop their moves by combining their powers, without power bestowal in the fight, to match their stronger enemy.
They don't have accelerated development or reactive evolution, so even this is flimsy. Being able to precisely detect things based off the wind and vibrations through the earth just isn't an inherent attribute of the ability to control elements. I was perfectly fine with stuff like trying to rapid disarm by placing wind fields on Kai and her sword to reverse her and her weapon's direction, but again, entirely new ability and he doesn't have anything that would allow him to form new abilities like this.
The electrical current making is 1/3 of light speed
If it's in a fiber optic cable, yes, in open air as replicated by our modern technology? Refer to the calc.

Besides those things I wanted to clarify, yeah it's time to let third parties roll in

Seems like despite trying my hardest, no finale in this tournament with 3 decently powerful units participating (ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

GGesom lifts up his tophat like a giga-gentlemen while perishing, looking forward to his next life and battles in a different verse.

Kai FRA, grace

Edit: Oh shoot, GGesom somehow survives to compete for 3rd place, then he can verse hop again.

Last edited:
Seems like despite trying my hardest, no finale in this tournament with 3 decently powerful units participating (ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
It was an incredibly fair effort, I just kinda forgot the degree of how insane SAO Tabletop really got until the sweep was already set in motion and had my fair share of strats to pull out here too

I would say the ability to debate and bring all the strong moves on the table in the good moments also declares the outcome. When I first saw SAO pages, I didn't sense any OP things (I didn't read the majority of the moves). But in combination with a good debater strong as lawyer, their winning potential increases drastically. If you "played" for the 14 other participants instead, Im sure some of the matches would have resulted differently, which let's acknowledge is an amazing skill.

Not even mentioning Cinner, which definitely was one of the stronger participants. All of my 3 units would have massive trouble with him, yet he got memed in the first round

Back