• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Froggytron

He/Him
Congratulations to all 4 strong participants, who made it into the semi-finals! For the second fighter's place in the final match will compete another digital world rogue, skilled with powerful sword masteries, Gergy, and a menacing robot with drones, robo-skater and mines, Abliter!

Rules are stated in the tournament hub, so check those (the fight is made on an open field with 50 meters distance).

Gergy: 6 (DMUA, CurrySenpai, HonestlyBored24, LeoEpicGamer8910, Bossbrosish, MintyBoi1)
(1.45 Megatons of TNT)

Abliter: 3 (Froggytron, VeneficaAuthor, DarkKingD10)
(2.4 Megatons of TNT)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late, was stressed and such but I'm ready now

I'm not sure if it scans power and durability separately, but if it does, that's definitely going to trip alarm bells with how resilient Gergy is. Even the Pluto Megalaser probably is just going to be tanked and Regenerated off given how it essentially scales alongside how hard the opponent gets hit still infuriated I never added Damage Reduction since that's just outright what Tank is but I digress with something that can be added post-tournament

Sonic Leap is going to turn this into an outright melee skirmish pretty quickly, albeit outside of aiming for their legs, Gergy doesn't have much to prevent them from just making distance again. The mines he uses to cover his tracks can be easily blocked, but this fight's probably going to be pretty long and drawn out.

If he gets in close, Abliter can use a Pluto Wave and disable his thoughts for a time or Pluto Gas to inflict sleep, then use his energy sword and cut him up. He’ll use Skate Mode and outspeed him as well.

Gergy has a ton of resistances from Willpower Defense, which allows him to negate status effects like that just by blocking. Sleep in particular is something he's experienced point blank, but also in the game is Ehecol's ability to interfere with people's ability to recall their sword skills and outright nullify sound, so those are both within their purfew (The Strict Hermit is also capable of shutting off the thoughts of the likes of Okami, come to think of it... A thing to add to the resistances blog after the tournament)

Skate Mode is somewhat of an advantage, but Sword Skills bring Gergy up to outright blitzing otherwise comparable opponents, so it has it's limits in preventing them from taking at least some attacks and that damage accumulating as things progress, while Gergy can near indefinitely stall with battle healing.

Gergy has a ton of resistances from Willpower Defense, which allows him to negate status effects like that just by blocking. Sleep in particular is something he's experienced point blank, but also in the game is Ehecol's ability to interfere with people's ability to recall their sword skills and outright nullify sound, so those are both within their purfew (The Strict Hermit is also capable of shutting off the thoughts of the likes of Okami, come to think of it... A thing to add to the resistances blog after the tournament)

Skate Mode is somewhat of an advantage, but Sword Skills bring Gergy up to outright blitzing otherwise comparable opponents, so it has it's limits in preventing them from taking at least some attacks and that damage accumulating as things progress, while Gergy can near indefinitely stall with battle healing.
What if Abliter used the hidden lasers in his body to barrage him at a point blank range while they are clashing?

That just would end way against Abliter's favor, since Gergy is more than able to tank the hits and recover it with Battle Healing overtime, while a well placed sword skill might cripple one of Abliter's limbs (keeping in mind that something like Catastrophe Eraser is a 5 hit skill, so he could end up with his legs outright torn off from the number and enhanced strength of all those hits coming at him), which would tear away his mobility advantage

Last edited:
Well, Abliter has low-mid regen, so in this scenario, he could just repair them in time to Skate Mode away, instead of crashing to the ground. If Gergy gets too close, Abliter can use his full-body Pluto Field shield (basically being immune to Gergy's regular sword strikes), while using 'Pluto Sweep Slash' laser sword skill to seriously lower Gergy's HP.

Combined with Abliter's regen, defense and skates, he can just repeat this to damage Gergy. While ongoing clashes, Abliter could slowly spam the whole battlefield with Obliteration Mines so hard, there won't be a space to land for Gergy without explosions anymore.

Gergy won't be let to properly heal with 'Pluto Waves' and 'Pluto Megalaser blasts' 24/7 coming at him. Combined with (later) constant mine explosions and being damaged in each attempt to hurt Abliter with a sword, Gergy's HP decrease will exceed his disturbed heal and he will fall eventually. Im probably in favor of Abliter for this match.

Well, Abliter has low-mid regen, so in this scenario, he could just repair them in time to Skate Mode away,
He actually only has Mid-Low, which more covers gashes in their hull rather than outright dismemberment
Abliter can use his full-body Pluto Field shield (basically being immune to Gergy's regular sword strikes)
It would definitely be a complication, but not only does it have trouble with continuous powerful strikes (which Gergy can outright do via Catastrophe Eraser), but Gergy could just feint his attacks to get an advantageous position, maybe even get a free hit on something vital when they bring down the forcefield (since it doesn't seem like they can just maintain it indefinitely, otherwise they'd just always do that in a fight)
Combined with Abliter's regen, defense and skates, he can just repeat this to damage Gergy. While ongoing clashes, Abliter could slowly spam the whole battlefield with Obliteration Mines so hard, there won't be a space to land for Gergy without explosions anymore.
Considering he's squared off against and blocked the attacks stuff like the Strict Hermit and Sword Skills (at least, earlier on in the game before they went up to +20), he could definitely withstand this with Tank and Sonic Leap to carve a way through him (or just outright jump to fresh land, given he has Agility comparable to Kai when she could go across an entire floor at the same pace as his Sonic Leap)
Gergy won't be let to properly heal with 'Pluto Waves' and 'Pluto Megalaser blasts' 24/7 coming at him.
Again, as long as he can block, his damage reduction is going to take him most of the way to being fine, even with something like the Pluto Megalaser (which is a desperate attack directly from their core, so it doesn't strike me as something spammable)

Ah, crap I overlooked. But still, Mid-Low can still be a help to heal cuts in armor, preventing critical damage.

Maybe he can hold the shield most of the time, keeping it as a trick in his sleeve for more difficult fights.
Considering he's squared off against and blocked the attacks stuff like the Strict Hermit and Sword Skills (at least, earlier on in the game before they went up to +20), he could definitely withstand this with Tank and Sonic Leap to carve a way through him (or just outright jump to fresh land, given he has Agility comparable to Kai when she could go across an entire floor at the same pace as his Sonic Leap)
If Abliters has a giant supply of effective mines to throw 24/7, he could cover hundreds of meters square, maybe even stack mines on each other to demolish Leaping Gergy with mine walls. Considering his technology, the mines could be foldable, explaining their storage and large trap area when deployed.
Again, as long as he can block, his damage reduction is going to take him most of the way to being fine, even with something like the Pluto Megalaser (which is a desperate attack directly from their core, so it doesn't strike me as something spammable)
Haven't you said you forgot to add the damage reduction? Also, Gergy should be vulnerable between his moves, which is many opportunities for mines and Pluto Wave constant spam to deplete Gergy's HP. Even though Gergy is said to be able to nullify sound, if the fight takes dozens of minutes (robots should have high stamina), some of the Pluto Wave will hit and crush his thinking (at least make it almost impossible for him to defend/dodge properly for a moment), giving tons of room for damage, and a giant chance for Pluto Megalaser to do a clear hit, blowing tons of HP away as Gaster Blasters in the Sans fight.

This would be also a great moment to summon his 4 scanners from all sides, each raining HUNDREDS of various lasers at Gergy, setting him on fire, zapping and freezing him constantly, maybe blowing his sword away with the wind lasers or having the flying scanners steal it from him directly. If this combination gets lucky, the HP will get totally screwed.

It will be a long thought fight, but this time I will be more aggressive and vote Abliter FRA.

Last edited:
Ah, crap I overlooked. But still, Mid-Low can still be a help to heal cuts in armor, preventing critical damage.
I wouldn't say surface level gashes are critical wounds, while Gergy does have the means to deal damage that's genuinely debilitating and can't be regenerated off
Maybe he can hold the shield most of the time, keeping it as a trick in his sleeve for more difficult fights.
It's described as a full-body forcefield in Notable Attacks/Techniques rather than standard equipment, so
If Abliters has a giant supply of effective mines to throw 24/7, he could cover hundreds of meters square, maybe even stack mines on each other to demolish Leaping Gergy with mine walls. Considering his technology, the mines could be foldable, explaining their storage and large trap area when deployed.
And Gergy can rapidly maneuver across kilometers, so he should be able to get to a far enough landing zone that it isn't immediately flooded for a quick moment of breathing room
Haven't you said you forgot to add the damage reduction?
Tank is on the profile and has been for years in both Notable Attacks/Techniques and in his durability section, I just never added it to PnA despite it word for word qualifying, so it's more a conniption than outright missing information that I'm throwing in with no proof (Then again, the power was made around 2021, and I stopped really actively updating the page when SAO Tabletop ended around 2019, so kinda is what it is)
Even though Gergy is said to be able to nullify sound, if the fight takes dozens of minutes (robots should have high stamina), some of the Pluto Wave will hit and crush his thinking (at least make it almost impossible for him to defend/dodge properly for a moment)
I will say, while Willpower Defense does outright nullify stuff, he still could just conventionally resist the stuff I mentioned earlier, since they don't need a negation ability persay like they do with Paralysis or Petrification, so this isn't strictly reliable
This would be also a great moment to summon his 4 scanners from all sides, each raining HUNDREDS of various lasers at Gergy, setting him on fire, zapping and freezing him constantly, maybe blowing his sword away with the wind lasers or having the flying scanners steal it from him directly. If this combination gets lucky, the HP will get totally screwed.
The scanners' AP is also rated as such for slightly damaging opponents that Abliter directly scales to, and all Gergy needs is a single hit to promptly take any one of them out

That said, I'm realizing I forgot one of the major pieces of equipment Gergy got that's made for the express purpose of locking opponents into position, being Oblivion's chains, which... actually completely destroys the trajectory this fight would otherwise go. Pulling from the page;
  • Oblivion's Chains (Can be used as a grappling hook and as unbreakable chains to entrap enemies for up to D10 turns. Whatever's chained can roll STR v STR to break out.)
So Gergy doesn't even really need to constantly run at him and to slowly whittle Albiter down with sonic leap and whatever sword skills he can get off in the meantime, the moment he throws the chains the guy is going to be locked in place for at least 6 seconds (which he definitely can't bust out of, since they're outright immune to breaking and Gergy vastly upscales from Class K where Abliter is rated at Class 10), which is more than enough time to get the free shots he needs on Abliter's limbs to really swing the matchup straight to his favor and put the guy on the backfoot

Also of note is Instinct, which guarantees that one of his punches lands (Which, hilariously enough, isn't done through any particular ability but it's been described as just sheer speed, on top of it's description of exploiting openings). Not that impressive when it's not done with a sharp object and he only has one sword skill to combo with it, but considering Abliter has one eye, a Senda to that could potentially render him blind, which would also pretty rapidly landslide into Gergy's victory

Last edited:
Abliter eye itself is described as being able to shoot large lasers, It can be repeated and Im sure Abliter has some other methods to register the surroundings.

I have made tons of points for Abliter, which could deplete Gergy's HP. Let's now let the votes decide.

I have reviewed the thread

The scanners will turn the batch into Abliters favor, even with the chains. While he is unable to move, the scanners will continue to attack, most likely with full power, since Abliter is in a precarious position. All in all, it’ll be over a thousand blasts, and when 6 seconds is up, Abliter will finish it with either spam of his own, or his sword or megalaser by looking for the perfect opening during Gergy’s defense of the scanner danmaku

Abliter FRA

Abliter eye itself is described as being able to shoot large lasers, It can be repeated and Im sure Abliter has some other methods to register the surroundings.
Nothing of the sort is listed on their page, so the assumption doesn't really have basis there
The scanners will turn the batch into Abliters favor, even with the chains. While he is unable to move, the scanners will continue to attack, most likely with full power, since Abliter is in a precarious position. All in all, it’ll be over a thousand blasts, and when 6 seconds is up, Abliter will finish it with either spam of his own, or his sword or megalaser by looking for the perfect opening during Gergy’s defense of the scanner danmaku
The scanners also scale way below Abliter, who's already going to have trouble getting through Gergy's durability just as a default. I don't think they have the means to really stop him from just ignoring and bulldozing down Abliter until he starts losing limbs once the chains are wrapped. Keep in mind, it's not just 6 seconds, it's D10 rounds. He could roll a 1 and have it last one second, or he could roll a 10 and have a full minute where Gergy has near complete impunity on burning his sword skills and really tearing through vitals. It'll turn into a damage race, but Gergy's got a lot more endurance than Abliter, and the ability to properly hit on his level and further with Sword Skills (and, now that I realize it, cooldown negation crystals means he could instantly refresh catastrophe eraser and eventually do twice the damage thanks to it auto-critting on wounded opponents, on top of Adrenaline Rush meaning he'll become faster and stronger below 50% health if they do really get room to burn him down)
I’ll have to vote Abilter FRA, his arsenal is too varied, even when he’s being pushed he can respond a lot better than most
Just having a lot of options doesn't really make someone insurmountable, it's what those options actively do that can matter. Gergy's got his fair share of technique, equipment and abilities to match the guy for himself.

Last edited:
Actually, yeah, think I'll break grace and just vote for Gergy at the moment (Keep in mind that 3 to a win is reserved for no dissenting votes, otherwise it's for 4 votes)

Probably should have brought up some of the more useful stuff like Oblivion's Chain and Adrenaline Rush sooner, but I don't think the implications of the former have been thought through nearly as well as they should be in the context of the fight's general flow

but Gergy's got a lot more endurance than Abliter
This statement is false because Abliter can still use his endurance system, giving his armor a further hardening that raises defense significantly. It can be classified as durability amplification, which makes sure Gergy's HP runs out before Abliter health does.
Just having a lot of options doesn't really make someone insurmountable, it's what those options actively do that can matter. Gergy's got his fair share of technique, equipment and abilities to match the guy for himself.
And Abliter doesn't? He closely won even against strong participants like L.Frog, having OP instant regen, 4x AP equal clones, and deadly speed amp. haxed blasts which brutally age anything they touch. That really says something about Abliter's arsenal.

Last edited:
Abliter does have energy projection from his eye, it says so on his powers list. I should’ve been more specific on his techniques about it but he can do it

Furthermore, the scanners should be a much bigger problem then is being stated here

individually they’d be nearly useless, but with their lasers together, they are able to be a big hinderance to characters like Cobalt Gemini who is of similar AP and durability to Abliter (not accounting for endurance system), so I imagine that even gergy will be hindered in an at least decent way when they spam him,
Since that’s what they did to Cobalt (and Scanner-A was dead by that time also). They’ll change positions often by using their own skate modes to change the trajectories of their attacks

This statement is false because Abliter can still use his endurance system, giving his armor a further hardening that raises defense significantly. It can be classified as durability amplification, which makes sure Gergy's HP runs out before Abliter health does.
Abliter having a specific transformation doesn't really make the statement incorrect, and if he uses endurance system... Honestly, it's been kinda messing me up that Abliter doesn't have a weakness section specifying what the limitations on some of his stuff is. Like, it stands to reason to assume that he can't just have skate mode and endurance mode on at every waking moment, or spam out a super big attack like the Pluto Megalaser given it's described to be a last resort, but there's no details about it written on his page

Regardless, taking the assumption that modes don't mix and he can't just turn into a tank on nitro, losing his speed advantage means he's way more susceptible to being shut down with chains, and even if he's increasing his durability, he's bound to have weak points like the neck, joints, fingers stuff where the armor isn't nearly as thick that Gergy could hammer down on with Catastrophe Eraser if he really needs to (or probably better would be just chaining them and turning their focus to the scanners when they arrive, thus taking out his reinforcements while he's temporarily unable to fight)
And Abliter doesn't? He closely won even against strong participants like L.Frog, having OP instant regen, 4x AP equal clones, and deadly speed amp. haxed blasts which brutally age anything they touch. That really says something about Abliter's arsenal.
He did pull through, but Laser Frog was a very close call, and a much different beast. The main problem with Laser Frog was that they needed a solid shot at center mass to really get through regeneration as well as a lot of AOE to cover themselves from the constant blood barrages. Gergy, on the other hand, is purpose built for taking a lot of punishment even outside his weight class , so the Pluto Megalaser isn't going to work, and Sword Skills mean Gergy can fairly consistently throw out attacks that Albiter just can't avoid reliably
Abliter does have energy projection from his eye, it says so on his powers list. I should’ve been more specific on his techniques about it but he can do it
I know that, it's more him being able to precisely detect things without having his eye for visual input. In terms of him firing a laser, Instinct is a guaranteed hit, on account of both it's description of naturally finding openings, but I do remember one of it's earlier uses making an explicit note of it's speed, which stacked with Senda being a sword skill means he's not going to really get a chance to try when it comes to that
individually they’d be nearly useless, but with their lasers together, they are able to be a big hinderance to characters like Cobalt Gemini who is of similar AP and durability to Abliter (not accounting for endurance system), so I imagine that even gergy will be hindered in an at least decent way when they spam him,
Since that’s what they did to Cobalt (and Scanner-A was dead by that time also). They’ll change positions often by using their own skate modes to change the trajectories of their attacks
Well, it's "hinder", not really deal significant damage, especially with someone like Gergy who's had experience with danmaku swarms from far stronger opponents (and if he really needed to, he could greatly limit their ability to operate by just putting Albiter between himself and the scanners if he really needs to wail on them specifically), and they're more than susceptible to just being picked off by Sonic Leap, Instinct, or being hit with the Chains and then being unable to move while Gergy just cuts them down, which would reset that part of the fight to square 1.

Only 3rd party votes can decide at this point...

Current status: Abliter has 3 votes, Gergy has 1 vote
1 vote remains till grace for Abliter

Abliter having a specific transformation doesn't really make the statement incorrect, and if he uses endurance system... Honestly, it's been kinda messing me up that Abliter doesn't have a weakness section specifying what the limitations on some of his stuff is. Like, it stands to reason to assume that he can't just have skate mode and endurance mode on at every waking moment, or spam out a super big attack like the Pluto Megalaser given it's described to be a last resort, but there's no details about it written on his page

Regardless, taking the assumption that modes don't mix and he can't just turn into a tank on nitro, losing his speed advantage means he's way more susceptible to being shut down with chains, and even if he's increasing his durability, he's bound to have weak points like the neck, joints, fingers stuff where the armor isn't nearly as thick that Gergy could hammer down on with Catastrophe Eraser if he really needs to (or probably better would be just chaining them and turning their focus to the scanners when they arrive, thus taking out his reinforcements while he's temporarily unable to fight)

He did pull through, but Laser Frog was a very close call, and a much different beast. The main problem with Laser Frog was that they needed a solid shot at center mass to really get through regeneration as well as a lot of AOE to cover themselves from the constant blood barrages. Gergy, on the other hand, is purpose built for taking a lot of punishment even outside his weight class , so the Pluto Megalaser isn't going to work, and Sword Skills mean Gergy can fairly consistently throw out attacks that Albiter just can't avoid reliably

I know that, it's more him being able to precisely detect things without having his eye for visual input. In terms of him firing a laser, Instinct is a guaranteed hit, on account of both it's description of naturally finding openings, but I do remember one of it's earlier uses making an explicit note of it's speed, which stacked with Senda being a sword skill means he's not going to really get a chance to try when it comes to that

Well, it's "hinder", not really deal significant damage, especially with someone like Gergy who's had experience with danmaku swarms from far stronger opponents (and if he really needed to, he could greatly limit their ability to operate by just putting Albiter between himself and the scanners if he really needs to wail on them specifically), and they're more than susceptible to just being picked off by Sonic Leap, Instinct, or being hit with the Chains and then being unable to move while Gergy just cuts them down, which would reset that part of the fight to square 1.
Abliters profile has been in need of a clarification update but I don’t wanna mess with him until this match is over, or if I gotta wait for the tourney to end I can do that too

I can clarify that the modes can’t really be used at the same time. Abliter will opt for whichever gives him the advantage at any given moment. The endurance system though serves to enhance his entire defense. He doesn’t really have a ‘super’ weakness on his body with it except for the fact that he can’t use skate mode anymore. Sensitive points like his eye should still be vulnerable, because the unarmored parts can be exploited still, but have enhanced defense from normal. If he wants speed, he has to deactivate.

Lastly, megalaser can’t be spammed. He’ll use it maybe 1, 2, or 3 times a fight at the cost of energy ofc

Last edited:
I can clarify that the modes can’t really be used at the same time. Abliter will opt for whichever gives him the advantage at any given moment. The endurance system though serves to enhance his entire defense. He doesn’t really have a ‘super’ weakness on his body with it except for the fact that he can’t use skate mode anymore. Sensitive points like his eye should still be vulnerable, because the unarmored parts can be exploited still, but have enhanced defense from normal. If he wants speed, he has to deactivate.
I know it's not like, he's going to have glowing red weak points, but every structure is inevitably going to have a part that isn't as durable as other parts, is what I'm getting at, and all Gergy really needs to do to pile on attrition is to cut off parts that won't heal. The Fingers just aren't as thick as something like their chest or their thighs, and that applies to the neck as well if he really wants to go all in and finish them, which could be viable if he gets enough injuries elsewhere to proc the crits on Catastrophe Eraser (Though that's probably not what he's going to go for immediately if the Scanners are in play, since slow and steady is definitely what's winning this and if he has the chains on Abliter, he might as well go for the adds first)
Score is 5-2, Grace is still on
I'll say that, while the rules for VS Threads on FC/OC is... a bit lacking, the mainsite rules does state their has to be a minimum gap of 3 votes to one side or another, if that gives anyone ideas.

Grace resumed for the second time...

Current score: Abliter-5, Gergy-3
One vote left for third grace

This makes the finale much more interesting
I will say, even if my SAO sweep completes, I do plan to spice it up by really throwing my weight as a writer into it.

The analysis itself might not be interesting, but I'll hope I can get you invested in the characters clashing alongside that and, honestly this whole tournament really has got me thinking about writing some proper, formal conclusion to SAO Tabletop (not that I really was the GM, that honor went to Mark, but I could at least make something work on my end)

Back