• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Yet Another Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So starting off we have a recalc of the feat we currently use for our Island level+ ratings, not a massive change for many characters they'd just lose the + and that's about it. But it's not that simple and there's a lot more to this than deleting some plus signs. So to start off we have one of the 7 Sages, Rauru, being stated to have power greater than the Master Sword (Also greater than time but obvious hyperbole is obvious) and then of course there's the other Sages who are relative to Rauru, so each one scales to Island level for being superior to the Master Sword, big deal right? Well, yeah, it's a pretty big deal as a matter of fact because of one simple reason, each one adds their power to Link. This means that in addition of getting amped up to Island level due to wielding the Master Sword he also gets 6 further amps to his power, each amp pretty much adding another Master Sword's worth of power to his own. As for who this affects:
  • Phantom Ganon (OOT) - He fights Link who by that point has the power of the Master Sword and Rauru, making him Island level+ (63.454 Gigatons)
  • Volvagia - He fights Link who by that point added Sarias power to his own, making him Island level+ (95.181 Gigatons)
  • Link (Adventure of Link) - Defeated Volvagia, making him Island level+ (95.181 Gigatons)
  • Dark Link (Adventure of Link) - Fights against and is a perfect copy of AOL Link, making him Island level+ (95.181 Gigatons)
  • Morpha - It fights Link who by that point added Darunias power to his own, making it Large Island level (126.908 Gigatons)
  • Bongo Bongo - It fights Link who by that point added Rutos power to his own, making it Large Island level (158.635 Gigatons)
  • Twinrova - She fights Link who by that point added Impas power to his own, making her Large Island level (190.362 Gigatons)
  • Link (Oracles) - Fought and defeated Twinrova, making him Large Island level (190.362 Gigatons)
  • Onox - Fought Oracles Link, making him Large Island level (190.362 Gigatons)
  • Veran - Fought Oracles Link, making her Large Island level (190.362 Gigatons)
Crenando himself also gets some changes from this. First of all his base Gerudo form needs a new tier and justification (I have no idea who decided Ganondorf being the reincarnation of Demise was somehow enough to scale to him), it was decided in another thread that his fight at the end of Wind Waker is an outlier and he should not scale to the Master Sword, the only other showings this version of Ganon has is treating child Link as a joke and casually knocking him down. As such he should be downgraded to at least Building level+, naturally this also affects his other stats like lifting strength and speed since he'd no longer be superior to Onox and WW Gohma but we have other threads already made for that stuff (Which I completely forgot about until now, oops).

However while his Gerudo form gets downgraded his beast form gets the opposite treatment. He'll get an extra rating for his Beast form who fought with and was the biggest threat to Oracles Link, so Beast Ganon will scale to Large Island level (190.362 Gigatons), dunno if we should put beast Ganon on the same key as his base gerudo form (Making him At least 8-C normally, at least High 6-C in beast form. Or something like that) or make him his own key. This also applies to Link (A Link to the Past) who with the Golden Sword fought and defeated Beast Ganon, and it goes without saying that the Golden Sword itself scales as well.

And on the topic of the Master Sword, it should have it's "Master Sword + Triforce of Courage" key removed because it's just silly. Not only does the Master Sword have no special connection to the TOC that it needs a whole key for it, the two of them together don't even automatically scale to the Triforce of Power, as we already established OOT Link with the Master Sword is noticeably weaker than TOP Ganon without the Sages amp, and then there's Wind Waker Link who despite having both the Master Sword and TOC gets absolutely rocked by Ganondorf (Who was even holding back as to not kill him). The scaling for it's Incomplete form is wrong as well, not only does Link never use it to take on Levias (He takes on the parasite that's possessing him) but he isn't even using the incomplete Master Sword, he had it upgraded to the True Master Sword before he meets Levias. Incomplete Master Sword should just upscale from the Multi-City Block level+ rating from it's previous key.

There's also the matter of Calamity Ganon. No idea who decided to just merge Calamity Ganon and all his forms into his base key but that shall be fixed. Calamity Ganon is durable enough to withstand being blasted by the combined power of the lasers fired by the Divine Beasts, and just one of these lasers are powerful enough to deal hefty damage to the Blight Ganons. Calamity Ganon can harm himself with his own attacks so bada bing bada boom he should be four times stronger than his blights putting him at Large Island level (126.908 Gigatons), this also applies to BOTW Link and Zelda. There is also Calamity Ganons stronger form, Dark Beast Ganon, who could be argued to scale to his base Beast form due to, well, being the same thing just jacked up with Malice. Also applies to his Age of Calamity self who attained his true power upon absorbing Astor. If Dark Beast Ganon and AOC Ganon scale to 190.362 Gigatons then this would apply to BOTW Link and Zelda at their peak since they can fight with AOC Calamity Ganon (The versions seen in BOTW would not scale to this, both are weakened by the time that game happens). If none of that is acceptable than they'd just be higher into Island level by upscaling from the blight Ganons.

Now we move onto the Skyward Sword cast. Starting off we have The Imprisoned, it's Town level rating doesn't work. It varies in power (It gets stronger every time it escapes its seal due to regaining more of it's true power as Demise) so it can't have a static rating, and during it's third battle with Link Fi comments "The monster has evolved to an immensely powerful state. I calculate the odds you will defeat it by sword alone at approximately 0%". This is important because Link has the True Master Sword during this fight, and yet The Imprisoned is so strong that Link has a 0% chance of beating it in a straight up fight, and this is reflected in the boss fight itself where Link can only damage it's exposed weak spots (I have no idea if those gross white lumps are meant to be the equivalent of toes for it) and needs to resort to sealing it back within it's sealing spike. Given that it first battles Link when he has the baseline Goddess Sword it should be Varies, Building level+ to Island level. And moving onto Link, Demise, Hylia, and Ghirahim, they should scale to the BOTW characters since Zeldas sacred powers are derived from Hylia, plus she's the one who empowers Link throughout the game making him stronger to the point of being able to combat Calamity Ganon. And yes this is empowering him not just increasing his health and stamina since his hearts also tie into his strength and ability to pull out the Master Sword. So basically Hylia gets Large Island level (126.908 Gigatons, or 190.362 if we go the route of Prime Zelda and Peak Calamity Ganon being = Base Beast Ganon) and then Demise gets the same rating because he fought an intense battle with her and she had to resort to sealing him, Link defeats Demise, and Ghirahim (True Form) can put up a decent fight with Link (And naturally his durability scales even higher). Unless of course the High 6-C stuff isn't accepted for BOTW characters in which case these guys would just be higher into Island level via upscaling from the Imprisoned.

Course this means a few other things will need to change. The Light Force for example needs to have it being a power source for Hylia as a justification removed since even Demises weakened form is >> The Master Sword which itself is superior to the Four Sword and by extension Vaati empowered by a vast majority of the Light Force, plus there's no actual proof it's the source of her power. The Master Sword also needs it justification for being superior to Hylia because it can open Gates of Time removed because not only does the scaling not work given Hylia=Demise > The Imprisoned, but also it is never stated or even implied a power comparable or superior to Hylia is needed to open the gates, seems like we just made it up. Same with it's justification for being able to harm and kill Demise since it can't even hope to do the same to his weaker form, as a result Link will need a new key for the end of Skyward Sword where he was able to defeat Demise or scale them all to 3-A since Links inventory screen says he holds all 3 pieces of the Triforce even when he's fighting Demise just ignore the fact that the Triforce is still on the statue of Hylia in the present day while Link travels back in time to fight Demise.

But yeah that about covers it, don't think I missed anything.
Course we could just scale the Master Sword to the Lokomo Sword and bump all these characters from Island and Large Island level to Large Country and Continent level but I ain't pushing my luck for that lmao.

Last edited:
I have some concerns about considering the medallions as a direct numerical addition to Link's power level, mostly because there's no direct reference to strength, it doesn't reflect in gameplay, and at the end of the day they only allow him to break through Ganondorf's barrier.

I also understand we treat Zelda's magic as a sort of UES, but at the same time I can't avoid addressing the fact that Rauru's power was meant to cast a seal, rather than pure force, so his could just be a more potent sealing hax than the Master Sword's.

Yeah, there should be plans for someone making a blog post elaborating on what "The Force (Light Force, Life Force, Force Gems, Triforce, ect)" is, but sealing isn't always consistent with raw power given that there are still distinctions between Wisdom, Courage, and Power. Sealing potency is more consistent on being powered by Wisdom rather than Power. Also, not sure medallions stacking them linearly would be consistent especially given the possibility of sequence breaking.

I have some concerns about considering the medallions as a direct numerical addition to Link's power level, mostly because there's no direct reference to strength, it doesn't reflect in gameplay, and at the end of the day they only allow him to break through Ganondorf's barrier.
Rauru says Link needs to add their might to his own when handing over his own medallion to Link, and given that Link gains no abilities from the medallions it seems much more likely that he's getting a strength boost then anything, and it not reflecting in gameplay given that the actual mechanics of the game can get screwy, like deku sticks being just as strong as the Master Sword.

I also understand we treat Zelda's magic as a sort of UES, but at the same time I can't avoid addressing the fact that Rauru's power was meant to cast a seal, rather than pure force, so his could just be a more potent sealing hax than the Master Sword's.
Honestly a fair concern, could potentially be referring to the power of his sealing.

Also, not sure medallions stacking them linearly would be consistent especially given the possibility of sequence breaking.
Sequence breaking shouldn't mean much given that there is a set order to the dungeons. The games edges you on to do the forest temple first, then it edges you to the fire temple, water temple, so on. Senquence breaking is possible but it's not intended since it's, y'know, sequence breaking, whole point of that is to break the intended order. Plus there's stuff like the cutscene for Bongo Bongo escaping his seal and entering the shadow temple, which won't happen until the forest, fire, and water temples are beaten.

Also even if it is UES, sealing itself is hax. It doesn't need to have a character be more powerful than another for the sealing to work.

However, for the thread, Owlman does also have some form of direct power. Him + The rest of the Sages + Zelda where able to force Ganon into the sacred realm if Link loses and Link needs their power from their descendants in ALttP and ALBW to get past barriers.

Crenando himself also gets some changes from this. First of all his base Gerudo form needs a new tier and justification (I have no idea who decided Ganondorf being the reincarnation of Demise was somehow enough to scale to him), it was decided in another thread that his fight at the end of Wind Waker is an outlier and he should not scale to the Master Sword, the only other showings this version of Ganon has is treating child Link as a joke and casually knocking him down. As such he should be downgraded to at least Building level+, naturally this also affects his other stats like lifting strength and speed since he'd no longer be superior to Onox and WW Gohma but we have other threads already made for that stuff (Which I completely forgot about until now, oops).
Seems a bit weird, but like, I guess "At least 8-C" for creating all of the pre-MS bosses is fine. We know that he was notably weaker than the Sages in the Child TL and was captured by the Hyrule army without the ToP, so I guess it can work.

It doesn't seem to me like the realm faded. Fi mentioned before the fight that Link cannot return if he goes through the portal until Demise is killed. If anything it just means that once Demise was beaten they could just travel back. Which means the realm doesn't rely on Demise's existence to work in the same way Majora's Moon dimension works.

This also applies to Link (A Link to the Past) who with the Golden Sword fought and defeated Beast Ganon, and it goes without saying that the Golden Sword itself scales as well.
Follow up here, but is there a reason that we separate ALttP Link into two profiles when they all happen with the same person? Like the linked page at the bottom of the profile even states that all four games occur in the same era with the same person.

Follow up here, but is there a reason that we separate ALttP Link into three profiles when they all happen with the same person? Like the linked page at the bottom of the profile even states that all four games occur in the same era with the same person.
Yeah the linked page on his profile needs to be changed since it doesn't actually explain why the profiles are separate. I'll post a link in a little bit when I get home but the original japanese text in the encyclopedia makes it clear that the Link in oracle of ages/seasons is a different one from ALTTP and awakening. Not too sure which third page you're talking about tho since I'm pretty sure we don't separate Awakening from ALTTP or ages from seasons.

Not too sure which third page you're talking about tho since I'm pretty sure we don't separate Awakening from ALTTP or ages from seasons.
I confused Adventures of Link for Link's Awakening for some reason. Its why I edited it back to two.

I confused Adventures of Link for Link's Awakening for some reason.
ah I see.

Anyhoo here's the link for the original japanese text translated (I asked this myself after getting confused as to why a lot of people over the years mentioned oracles Link being a different dude), if two Links are the same they mention on the timeline that it's the same one from <insert game here> but if it's a new incarnation they give him a new background story like they do with the oracle games. It's weird but I guess they decided to make oracles Link seperate due to that one scene of Zelda not being fully aware of who he is.

It's weird but I guess they decided to make oracles Link seperate due to that one scene of Zelda not being fully aware of who he is.
The biggest of Ls.

Though the source is also the same book that said "The writers took liberties with the lore" so it's also not more iron-clad thing either.

The biggest of Ls.
Words cannot describe the size of the L.

Though the source is also the same book that said "The writers took liberties with the lore" so it's also not more iron-clad thing either.
Yeah but alas, it's the most current version of the timeline and even the official website uses the timeline encyclopedia made so it's what we're stuck with ig.

IMHO, this all looks pretty clean cut and well and honestly, amazing job at organizing all of this in a clear line, dude. Initially I was like "oof" at 8-C Ganondorf until I realized the scaling made a distinction between him at base and with the Triforce of Power.

Maybe I am pushing it, but I do think that the whole statement that Demise controls the dimension with his magic could warrant a "possibly" for being a probability he sustains it. I mean, while there's not real hard evidence in favour of it, there's also nothing really against and at least there's two hints in favour of it.

Speaking of which, how was that possible Star level scan coming along? That would basically lead to a lot of upgrades for the OoT Temple bosses.

The Demise one or are you talking about another pocket dimension feat?
Dust Collector brought up that there was an in game statement about a realm containing a star using "There own power" as opposed to the one from the guidebook but that they're awaiting a translation of some sort from the Japanese RAW.

Only possible star level scan I remember bringing up is the Demise one which is already in the OP, don't recall anything about another scan that'd also upgrade the OOT temple bosses.

I remember bringing up is the Demise one which is already in the OP, don't recall anything about another scan that'd also upgrade the OOT temple bosses.
The only OoT boss I can think of with an alternate dimension is Dark Link. But the entire thing was just an illusion wasn't it?

Only possible star level scan I remember bringing up is the Demise one which is already in the OP, don't recall anything about another scan that'd also upgrade the OOT temple bosses.
Yeah, that one I was talking about. But I heard there was an in game statement a while back.

The only OoT boss I can think of with an alternate dimension is Dark Link. But the entire thing was just an illusion wasn't it?
Yeah his whole arena was just an illusion that changes the appearance of the chamber you fight him in.

Yeah, that one I was talking about. But I heard there was an in game statement a while back.
Yeah I got the raws for the in game statement and got them translated, not entirely sure if it's grounds for star level but Fi calling it a "space controlled by Demise's magic powers" can potentially be a big deal. Wouldn't scale to anyone besides SS Link, Demise, Hylia, and Ghirahim if it is an actual feat tho.

As a supporter of Tier 4 Zelda I would like to add on some supplementary evidence for Demise's hyperspace manipulation
I'd also like to explain what happens to the dimension during the boss-fight: In the beginning, Demise causes the dimension to grow dark with a wave of the hand, with the realm returning to normal after his death. The dimension itself does not disappear or get destroyed, but it does get visibly warped by Demise's magic

sooo 4-C LoZ anyone?

As a supporter of Tier 4 Zelda I would like to add on some supplementary evidence for Demise's hyperspace manipulation
Oh was already aware of that statement from the encyclopedia, didn't include it in the OP because the game already says the same thing but more explicit by directly mentioning Demises magic.

Last edited:
Is there anything else from Owlman that would imply his strength? He mentions something about his power when Link first pulls the sword.
He mentions to Link about adding the sages "might" to his own and that his power has little influence beyond the chamber of the sages because it's the one place in the sacred realm not turned into a demonic hellhole by Ganon, but beyond that initial introduction he doesn't mention anything else directly in reference to his strength.

Last edited:
Well to just speed things along. I say that I can tentatively agree with the Island level scaling of the sages.

For the Lokomo Sword I wouldn't cross scale weapons from between different continents or anything.

Ganondorf scales to Demise because the demon king considers Ganondorf his successor as well as his reincarnation, essentially saying Ganondorf would succeed where Demise failed
This does not mean Ganondorf scales to Demise, being his successor/reincarnation means nothing in terms of power and doesn't automatically put him on the same level without actual proof. Demise can't see the future, he has no idea what his reincarnation will exactly accomplish outside of constantly terrorizing the land.

Ganondorf is also repeatedly called a threat larger than any before, which means he would automatically upscale Demise and or Vaati
A strategy guide made for a game that came out before Skyward Sword isn't exactly the best source of scaling, and even then this statement is referring to a version of Ganondorf that doesn't even have the Triforce of Power. The only combat showing we have for this version of Ganondorf is the final boss fight in Wind Waker where he can still be harmed by the Master Sword, same blade which Fi calculates having a 0% change of beating a weakened form of Demise which is also shown because Link cannot even harm the Imprisoned with the sword with the exception of making it lose it's balance by destroying it's exposed toes (I think that's what those gross white blobs are supposed to be). I know the immediate argument will be the Master Sword harming Demise in the final boss battle but given the blatant superiority an incomplete form of himself has over the Master Sword we have to treat Link as getting stronger between the final imprisoned fight and the demise fight (Which happens all the time for some reason, video game logic at it's finest).

Basically if you can bring a solid statement that puts Ganondorf as being => Demise then yeah that'd be fine (Although it'd likely shoot any chance of Demises potential 4-C feat being accepted in the foot given the current light arrow scaling in play for Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power, would basically make everyone consider the feat as an outlier)

Demise knows he just failed to defeat Link and Zelda, but he says his successor (Ganondorf) will ruin their lives, which means he places Ganondorf above his own power
Sure from our perspective OoT came out before Skyward Sword, however in universe Demise came centuries before Ganondorf but Ganondorf is still the greatest threat Hyrule has ever faced

When Link was fighting Demise he had the "True Master Sword", after combining the Three Golden Goddesses' essence and the power of Hylia. From Skyward Sword and onward, Link has been utilizing the "True Master Sword"

What do you mean about the Light Arrows? They were specifically made to destroy evil and are stated to do such in most of their appearances

Yeah, it just means Ganon/Ganondorf can surpass the power of Demise not that he is in his original form. Hence he is easily above him via Triforce obviously.

Demise knows he just failed to defeat Link and Zelda, but he says his successor (Ganondorf) will ruin their lives, which means he places Ganondorf above his own power
He says they have to eternally deal with an incarnation of his hatred. All we can get from this is that while Demise is dead his reincarnation will never go away and torment them (Which we see in action since Ganondorf, unlike Demise, doesn't stay dead and is free to just **** shit up as many times as he wants without worrying about being permanently killed by a sword through his chest.

Sure from our perspective OoT came out before Skyward Sword, however in universe Demise came centuries before Ganondorf but Ganondorf is still the greatest threat Hyrule has ever faced
Yes, but the strategy guide that calls him the greatest threat came out before Skyward Sword was released. The writers for that guide don't know who Demise is since Skyward Sword wouldn't come out until months after OOT. Plus it's not even a proper guide book in the same vein as say historia, it's a strategy guide made and written by people that don't work with or for Nintendo and we're very strict with stuff like that (A lot of Mario stuff from similar guides has been rejected for these reasons as an example).

When Link was fighting Demise he had the "True Master Sword", after combining the Three Golden Goddesses' essence and the power of Hylia. From Skyward Sword and onward, Link has been utilizing the "True Master Sword"
Yeah, and? I didn't make any comment about the nature of the True Master Sword, I pointed out that Demise > Imprisoned >> True Master Sword for reasons I said in the OP, Fi states there's a 0% chance of Link beating the thing with just his sword and he has to resort to attacking exposed weak points to trip it over and attack the sealing spike since he can't damage it otherwise. Clearly the base power of the Master Sword isn't on par with Demise since Link couldn't even hope to beat a weakened version of him earlier with the same sword. And if a weakened version of Demise is too tough for the blade while base Ganondorf isn't since he gets harmed quite a bit by it in Wind Waker then it's not very likely that base Ganondorf is superior to Demise.

What do you mean about the Light Arrows? They were specifically made to destroy evil and are stated to do such in most of their appearances
As it currently stands the only reason we have Triforce of Power Ganondorf at Multi-Continent level instead of Island level or something right now is because he's durable enough to withstand being hit by a Light Arrow, and Light Arrows can harm Twinmold who scales to one of the four giants (We're treating it's holy evil destroying thing as both holy manipulation and AP since, well, it does actual physical damage regardless of it's light magic). So we're basically capping the second strongest version of Ganon at about a fourth of Skull Kids moon drop which is surface wiping, planet busting if you push it (And even then not everyone agrees with scaling him that high) The site would absolutely treat a weaker character having a 4-C feat as an outlier if we're barely able to get away with scaling the Triforce of Power to a single giant that can't stop the moon drop.

Ignoring all that it's still probably be an outlier anyway. If we ignore the Imprisoned fight and say the True Master Sword just flat out scales to Demise, then we'd have every 6-C character who currently scales to the Master Sword scaling to Demises 4-C feat as well (Provided it's even accepted as something that scales to his AP in the first place) and nobody else on that level has feats or statements even approaching planetary let alone star busting power. Ain't no way bumping people like Onox, Volvagia, Blind the Theif from Island level all the way to Star level would be accepted based on a single feat that is comically above any other feat or statement.

All we can get from this is that while Demise is dead his reincarnation
The thing is Demise is talking about a singular incarnation of his hatred, not his dozens of reincarnations

In all of Ganondorf's notable appearances as a final boss character (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess), it takes a combination of Link, the Triforce of Courage, the Light Arrows, sometimes Zelda, and the Master Sword to defeat him. Which is noticeably more effort and weaponry than used to defeat Demise

In Ocarina of Time specifically, it takes Link + Master Sword + Light Arrows + Triforce of Courage + Ganodorf's own magic reflected back at him to defeat Ganondorf

It does not make sense to say Link + Master Sword + Light Arrows + Triforce of Courage <<< Link with JUST the Master Sword (and by logic Ganondorf <<< Demise)

I pointed out that Demise > Imprisoned >> True Master Sword
Link does not have the Master Sword as of his fight with the Imprisoned, he's using the Goddess Sword, an incomplete and undoubtedly weaker version

It took the power of the three Golden Goddesses to create an imperfect version of the Master Sword, and the power of Hylia to create the True Master Sword
Goddess Sword <<< Imperfect Master Sword <<< True Master Sword = Demise
No not really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back