• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Haven't you said you forgot to add the damage reduction? Also, Gergy should be vulnerable between his moves, which is many opportunities for mines and Pluto Wave constant spam to deplete Gergy's HP. Even though Gergy is said to be able to nullify sound, if the fight takes dozens of minutes (robots should have high stamina), some of the Pluto Wave will hit and crush his thinking (at least make it almost impossible for him to defend/dodge properly for a moment), giving tons of room for damage, and a giant chance for Pluto Megalaser to do a clear hit, blowing tons of HP away as Gaster Blasters in the Sans fight.

This would be also a great moment to summon his 4 scanners from all sides, each raining HUNDREDS of various lasers at Gergy, setting him on fire, zapping and freezing him constantly, maybe blowing his sword away with the wind lasers or having the flying scanners steal it from him directly. If this combination gets lucky, the HP will get totally screwed.
Guys, there is a method, on how Abliter could defend while depleting Gergy's HP...

That was before the chains came into play, which would lock them into position and force them to eat hits in a trade (or more likely, force him to stay still while Gergy quickly neutralizes the Scanners and thus shaves off that advantage)

That was before the chains came into play, which would lock them into position and force them to eat hits in a trade (or more likely, force him to stay still while Gergy quickly neutralizes the Scanners and thus shaves off that advantage)
Can't his HP run out, before he finishes the 4th scanner? Gergy's AP is almost the Low 7-B baseline, he shouldn't have much health to tank all of this. And since Gergy needs to be at a very close distance, he will just eat hundreds of laser shots into face + slowing him with zaps and freezing...

And he cant use his defending move, when he needs to kill the scanner quickly

Can gergy actually reliably damage city level durability?
Sword Skills are a pretty solid amp there and there's nothing stopping him from attacking more vulnerable parts like I mentioned (and it does seem to be baseline, so it isn't extremely far out of their purfew that they'll be able to do something with it)
Can't his HP run out, before he finishes the 4th scanner? Gergy's AP is almost the Low 7-B baseline, he shouldn't have much health to tank all of this. And since Gergy needs to be at a very close distance, he will just eat hundreds of laser shots into face + slowing him with zaps and freezing...
His AP vastly outscales 900 kilotons, his durability even when unaugmented by tank is a bit higher than that (and blocking combines his weapon skill and his durability to endure the hit if I remember right, which on top of Tank let him almost no sell stuff on Low 7-B), and the scanners are much weaker than Abliter on their own. Sonic Leap lets him cross the gap to take out one of them almost immediately, and Oblivion's Chain can hit multiple targets at once, so more of them could very quickly follow even before Sonic Leap goes off cooldown, lowering their contribution and giving Gergy's battle Healing more room to breathe in terms of recovering him as he blocks hits.

Sword Skills are a pretty solid amp there and there's nothing stopping him from attacking more vulnerable parts like I mentioned (and it does seem to be baseline, so it isn't extremely far out of their purfew that they'll be able to do something with it)

His AP vastly outscales 900 kilotons, his durability even when unaugmented by tank is a bit higher than that (and blocking combines his weapon skill and his durability to endure the hit if I remember right, which on top of Tank let him almost no sell stuff on Low 7-B), and the scanners are much weaker than Abliter on their own. Sonic Leap lets him cross the gap to take out one of them almost immediately, and Oblivion's Chain can hit multiple targets at once, so more of them could very quickly follow even before Sonic Leap goes off cooldown, lowering their contribution and giving Gergy's battle Healing more room to breathe in terms of recovering him as he blocks hits.
Is the range on those chains or sonic leap a couple hundred meters? That’s about as far out as the scanners should be shooting from

Is the range on those chains or sonic leap a couple hundred meters? That’s about as far out as the scanners should be shooting from
Sonic Leap crossed an 8 Kilometer distance when Gergy was 8-A, the chain is a bit more ambiguous but it is a magic weapon and it does cover a turn range like Sonic Leap does, so it's pretty likely that it would.

Hol up I'm gonna revoke my vote rq I'm gonna re evaluate shit myself

bro has willpower defense what the **** it’s SAO

Last edited:

Jeffrey:
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

Hol up I'm gonna revoke my vote rq I'm gonna re evaluate shit myself

bro has willpower defense what the **** it’s SAO
I dunno what you're thinking of with Willpower Defense, but that's actually a super deep cut to Gyrohem, which is a really old school FC/OC verse

Either way, it's SAO Tabletop. Things got wild, and it's suprising to look back in retrospect and realize that was for the better

Can we have an updated vote count please? Some people took away/changed their votes so I’m not sure what the current score is 🗿

Normally I'd just say Abliter wins through versatility but Gergy's Status Effect Immunity and pretty much physical invincibility kinda say no to that, kind of a brick wll tbh

I think I’ll have to change my vote to Gergy as well. With all the added clarification, it seems Abilter’s best strat of stacking lasers gets beaten by Gergy’s resistances, speed, and Oblivion Chain to snipe the turret things. Plus the idea of him popping the guys eye and finishing it is very convincing.

Honestly, this was already pretty funny when you initially posted it (No hard feelings I hope, I did kinda give it my all to argue for my side), but it became uproariously hilarious when I slowly started to realize I dodged a bullet with not submitting a character like Klein instead (and I was outright unable to submit Kirito, since he's 7-B)

Something like Counter Play already makes him almost untouchable since it allows him to counterattack with sword skills, and a bunch of his stuff can do true damage to just outright ignore durability (and to something out of game, probably just outright kill them in a single hit), but I present to you, with a combination of things on his page, the "I dodged a bullet by putting in Kai and Gergy" combo
Stun Strike (Battoujutsu only. Bonus Action. Makes your next attacks(s) stun for +1 round (including the current round) every time they’re hit. This ability can only be used once per battle)
So, as a bonus action, he can make his attacks cause a round of stun for every hit. Seems normal enough...
Variable Blow (Japanese weapons only. 8 hit. Slashes normally eight times in various areas, however in the end, each place the user slashed created pressure points. All eight pressure points, when attacked, will deal automatic critical damage to the enemy. Once someone attacks a pressure point, it’ll disappear. 17 round cooldown)
Alright, up to 8 rounds of stun, that's, fair

Just 48 seconds of being concussed and unable to really do anything

But wait hang on, pressure points left from the skill auto-crit, dealing double damage, not really that bad, but-
Critical Strike (Battoujutsu only. Bonus Action. Makes your next attack(s) guaranteed critical strikes. This ability can only be used once per battle)
Well, critical hits could stack in the original run (and I think double crits outright dismember but it's been awhile since I read the original ruleset), okay, 4x damage while they're unable to do anything, that's-
Final Burst (1 hit. Attacks the enemy with one powerful thrust, dealing damage that’s worth 12 hits in one. 13 round cooldown)
48x damage during a 48 second stun timer, initialized by an attack that blitzes you

And I think he can analyze weakpoint to provide another crit on top of that, bringing it up to 96x times (and it's not like you can stop him from burning a turn that way, he'd only need one more for setup and you'll have to be very lucky to have dodged 6 of his swings)

The funniest thing is that Klein wasn't even one of the primary reasons the Unitum Summit happened so this just, slipped under Mark's radar

SAO Tabletop really was the game of all time

Last edited:
Honestly, this was already pretty funny when you initially posted it (No hard feelings I hope, I did kinda give it my all to argue for my side)
I just wanted to point in that video, that these fights against SAO were more of a frustration than actual fights. Each move/strategy is canceled by some of these X things on these 2 page-large notable attacks like Leaps/Chains/Healing etc, their abilities are more of a 6-tier than low 7-B.

+Plus-droid and L.Frog both drawed worst match for them (like scissors against a rock), last GGesom remaining got crushed by SAO boulder, this tournament was pretty savage what can I say. But as you mentioned, these FC/OC fights are still a game, they cant be taken too seriously xd Anyway, current score is 6-3 (not sure if Smashtwig voted again or not), seems like another grace is ongoing

I just wanted to point in that video, that these fights against SAO were more of a frustration than actual fights. Each move/strategy is canceled by some of these X things on these 2 page-large notable attacks like Leaps/Chains/Healing etc, their abilities are more of a 6-tier than low 7-B.

+Plus-droid and L.Frog both drawed worst match for them (like scissors against a rock), last GGesom remaining got crushed by SAO boulder, this tournament was pretty savage what can I say. But as you mentioned, these FC/OC fights are still a game, they cant be taken too seriously xd Anyway, current score is 6-3 (not sure if Smashtwig voted again or not), seems like another grace is ongoing
Frustration for sure. Everything Abliter had could be countered, although this match feels more like an inconclusive then a sure victory, kinda like how Abliter and laser frogs match was. Everything is just really really close. I feel like if not for the tourney it would be incon

Back