• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with art style being an automatic disqualifier for pixel-scaling myself. A lot of cartoons do that more or less, heck even video games like Shantae did it where a lot of characters would be giant from the perspective of the main character (I mean compare Ammo Baron to Shantae; that's more or less about the size difference between GF and Daddy Dearest).

I do find the figures finicky. I mean 7 feet tall is a little sus despite it being both confirmed and doubled down on, although PhantomArcade and Ninjamuffin are known to troll their fans, so that's something people gotta watch out for.

I am Neutral for #2, but I agree on everything else, but PLEASE for the wiki's sake don't put the f---nari thing in the article, that's not gonna sit well with FANDOM staff.

I do find the figures finicky. I mean 7 feet tall is a little sus despite it being both confirmed and doubled down on, although PhantomArcade and Ninjamuffin are known to troll their fans, so that's something people gotta watch out for.
That's the problem, they only trolled with the bf's names, the rest, there were even more stupid things.

Just the names? Bro, where the eff were you in the FNF community?

I mean, what else did they troll? I only know that they said that the bf names were a joke,the rest i don't remember.

and by the way, saying that a character is 7 feet and then saying again that he is 7 feet, I don't think it means that he is still trolling.

Couldn't the whole 7 feet tall thing be chalked up with Death to the Author?
that only applies if it contradicts the material, and in this case, they are not contradicting anything, because it was not said in the material (in fact there is more WOG in FNF than a real lore,really,we don't know anything about bf and gf more than the lore that phantom arcade says)

that only applies if it contradicts the material, and in this case, they are not contradicting anything, because it was not said in the material (in fact there is more WOG in FNF than a real lore)
I mean, we have tank man calling him short. If Boyfriend was 7 ft tall, he'd be taller than him. The art style argument doesn't apply to what the characters in-game see.

I mean, we have tank man calling him short. If Boyfriend was 7 ft tall, he'd be taller than him. The art style argument doesn't apply to what the characters in-game see.
phantom arcade says that tankman is just being a asshole,because he also says that bf has like dyed hair, but his hair is natural.

phantom arcade says that tankman is just being a asshole,because he also says that bf has like dyed hair, but his hair is natural.
It's a lot easier to assume that someone with blue hair has dyed it than it is to assume that their smaller than you. Why would you make fun of something that doesn't even make sense? It'd be like if I went up to shaq and started roasting him for being short.

"Death to the Author" only applies if it contradicts the material, and in this case, they are not contradicting anything, because it was not said in the material
I'm sorry, i don't get the second half of the sentence, how doesn't it contradict the 7 feet thing? The Statement of being 7 feet is heavily contradicted by being shorter than highschooler (data, but still notable) and two children (real), being called short by an adult soldier (even if not stated, it should be assumed to be that he's average or above average human height) and that other WOG with BF being drawn shorter to symbolize innocence which makes the depicted BF inaccurate.
That doesn't really change anything. No one is going to insult someone on being short if they aren't short.

Tankman insults BF's hair being dyed because he sees that BF's hair is blue and blue is not a normal color for hair. Insults are meant to insult, not being 100% factual except for the things they observe to make fun of targetted person.

I'm sorry, i don't get the second half of the sentence, how doesn't it contradict the 7 feet thing? The Statement of being 7 feet is heavily contradicted by being shorter than highschooler (data, but still notable) and two children (real), being called short by an adult soldier (even if not stated, it should be assumed to be that he's average or above average human height) and that other WOG with BF being drawn shorter to symbolize innocence which makes the depicted BF inaccurate.

That doesn't really change anything. No one is going to insult someone on being short if they aren't short.

Tankman insults BF's hair being dyed because he sees that BF's hair is blue and blue is not a normal color for hair. Insults are meant to insult, not being 100% factual except for the things they observe to make fun of targetted person.

You do know that even in the mods the characters don't have a consistent size either, right? I mean, look at them, apparently Whitty is over 2.71 meters tall, and Ruv measures the same, but next to Sarvente and Selever (who are about 2.20 meters tall) it looks the same size. Seriously, the visual size of the game is not equivalent to the actual size of the characters.
bf is visually in the game has tall has skid and pump,but the kids are the size of kids in canon,and even if you want to assume that senpai is the size of a normal character,but again.

You do know that even in the mods the characters don't have a consistent size either, right? I mean, look at them, apparently Whitty is over 2.71 meters tall, and Ruv measures the same, but next to Sarvente and Selever (who are about 2.20 meters tall) it looks the same size. Seriously, the visual size of the game is not equivalent to the actual size of the characters.
Why are you bringing non-canon characters into discussion? They really shouldn't even be mentioned.
bf is visually in the game has tall has skid and pump,but the kids are the size of kids in canon,and even if you want to assume that senpai is the size of a normal character,but again.
This just kinda proves our point. Multiple characters that aren't taller than 7ft are still the same size or taller than BF.

This just kinda proves our point. Multiple characters that aren't taller than 7ft are still the same size or taller than BF.
Because that is how it is seen in the visual art of the game, but perhaps in the lore they do not even measure that,again,everything that happens in the game is just visible in game.
we are discussing to much with our supposition of certain things

For the moment I will leave point 2 (Small size) out of the review, so you can discuss the whole topic elsewhere
also...
but PLEASE for the wiki's sake don't put the f---nari thing in the article, that's not gonna sit well with FANDOM staff.
That's why I'm asking if someone can write an explanation of the ability that doesn't mention it directly, after that we link it to the video and that's it (I doubt it's a problem if it's something outside the wiki itself, and it's only mentioned, without make an explicit background)
What proof is there for the comics being canon again?
I think nothing really, just being comics made by Phantom Arcade, and at least personally, I think it's more feasible to trust comics than sketches
Until what I saw, the only thing he has said about the comis is this:
"I think comics will be fun to do alongside the game. There's a lot I wanna do but mental bandwidth is limited and pretty much entirely reserved for development atm. Comics are just a fun side bit since I like drawing and fnf is on my mind 24/7"
link

Going point by point...
  1. Obvious yes

2. Plagiarism? Fine
  3. No comment
  4. Comics are probably fine? Nothing really says they aren't part of the same canon.

1. Context for "a dev said to me "? just want some confirmation.
  2. Seems like an obvious joke. FNF Devs do like to make a LOT of jokes.

1. Context for "a dev said to me "? just want some confirmation.
  2. Seems like an obvious joke. FNF Devs do like to make a LOT of jokes.
1.I had already asked that (in fact I was the one who had it confirmed again that bf measured 7 feet) and phantom arcade didn't answer me, but a "developer" who said he was working on the game. then I asked arcade if what he says is true, and out of nowhere, ninjamuffin appeared and replied that he was the developer and if she weighed 900 pounds (in fact the other one also said 900 pounds, and I said 900 pounds )
2.asking about girlfriend being 900 pounds and ninjamuffin saying she is 900 pounds is a joke,yeah,perfectly(sarcasm)if you want,make a rule about the devs being jokers

We wouldn't make it a rule; we'd make it so there would have to be more evidence than a dev statement for something to be used, since they joke so often it makes it hard to tell what is really canon or not.
the ''jokes''are literraly jokes that are not fnf related totally,like,seriosly?buying crack with the money of the game,that is obviosly a joke.
but things like girlfriend being over 900 pounds and bf being 7 feet tall is not that big stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back