• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most controversial debate continues... Son Goku vs Superman (7-20-16).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omegas03 said:
The reasoning for the lowballing is this btw:
SSJ3 Goku/BoG SSJ Goku: 2 KiloFoe (far above SPC)

SSJ Goku (beginning of Black arc): 4 KiloFoe (far above BoG SSJ Goku). He'll go up to 16 KiloFoe with SSJ3.

Base Goku (halfway through Black arc): at least 16 KiloFoe (stronger than his previous SSJ3). give him the SSJ multipliers to that 16.
If Base Goku at Black arc is at 16 kilofoes

SSJ is accepted as x40 multiplier from a CRT; other SSJ form multipliers are rejected

16*40 = 640 kilofoes.

The Wright Way said:
I have no idea how Superman got twenty ******* votes. I'd assumed this would be a lot closer.
most people who usualy debate dragon ball aren't on this thread, that's probably why, most votes on this wiki are partisan vote in general if we are honest.

I'll ask a few if they are interested in giving their opinion here i guesse.

Also no, there is still a good like 15 hours or more of grace left i think.

I can't be bothered going through the thread, but from what I see there is an AP argument

If they are relative, and it goes down to what the other character will do/attack first, it is probably better to argue inconclusive, because if two characters have an equal chance of winning, if they attack first, then people are just voting for their favourite character without looking at both arguments.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I can't be bothered going through the thread, but from what I see there is an AP argument
If they are relative, and it goes down to what the other character will do/attack first, it is probably better to argue inconclusive, because if two characters have an equal chance of winning, if they attack first, then people are just voting for their favourite character without looking at both arguments.
The conclusion on AP is that Goku has 2x time Superman's AP while in SSJ2 if that help.

Unfortunately, a lot of threads that are settled tend to have a ton of FRA votes, without waiting for counter arguments. I feel like there should be a policy where people aren't allowed to make FRA votes until a thread has had 24 hours to establish arguments for both sides.

Maybe I'm just salty <_<

Omegas03 said:
Dragomer said:
I'll ask a few if they are interested in giving their opinion here i guesse.
This is where the real match starts ovo
I only remember like 4 people that i often see in DB threads, don't expect much of me XD

I'v seen some people on this wiki call like 20 people at once to a thread but that's beyond my social networking skills.

No, you're right.

If Goku has a higher AP, what is supes argument? blowing up earth? Goku can just teleport away

Either way, as I said, if it's "who will attack first", it's better if everyone votes inconclusive, because it would be hard to tell.

CryoTheMayo said:
Unfortunately, a lot of threads that are settled tend to have a ton of FRA votes, without waiting for counter arguments. I feel like there should be a policy where people aren't allowed to make FRA votes until a thread has had 24 hours to establish arguments for both sides.
Maybe I'm just salty <_<
The argument i joined this thread to debunk was declared invalid and the votes for it null so i already accomplished what i wanted either way, don't care who wins.

Omegas03 said:
We are close to 400 replies. Oh my...
What did you expect lol? It's probably the most debated VS match up of all time lol.

But let me take a moment to thank everyone for staying civil and rational. And thank you to the admins for giving us a chance. Claps

So Goku has a good ap advantage in SSJ2 and can easily close the distance and beat up Supes, meanwhile Supes has hax that he uses IC that can take care of Goku easily. I'm voting incon since its really if Goku kills Supes before he gets hit by his hax

As far as I can tell, Superman's only conclusive method of taking down Goku is to fling him to space, but Goku's aura should enable him to resist and, anyways, Goku would ask Superman to take their fight somewhere deserted anyways, so Superman isn't going to just fling Goku to space IC as a first move. He can win via Heat Vision, but he would need to land it w/o Goku reacting and stopping it.

Goku only has access to Hakai in his SSB key but has a big AP advantage here.

So, yeah. It's basically all based on who lands the first hit.

CBslayeR said:
So Goku has a good ap advantage in SSJ2 and can easily close the distance and beat up Supes, meanwhile Supes has hax that he uses IC that can take care of Goku easily. I'm voting incon since its really if Goku kills Supes before he gets hit by his hax
Superman use HV in character but him using the durability negating version is out of character from what i'v gathered in this thread.

I'm getting tempted to change my vote to inconclusive but I need some time to think about it.

I'm switching too, an inconclusive win sound funnier given the context, not that it's likely given the vote gap.

Also should i make a thread about Cryo's idea about no 'FRA' for the first 24 hours ? sound like a good idea to me.

Based on what Cyro said I cannot comprehend why superman wins? Lmao. Goku can teleport, in character will ask to fight somewhere remote, superman will agree, there is no reason why he wont dodge supes, and do I have to argue who is the better martial artist?

But I dont want to get too involved since I have uni stuff, so inconclusive is safer

CBslayeR said:
Wouldn't Goku need a heat resistance to tank it? Also Omega can you put links like these on the op so its easier to look at the profiles from the thread?
No, not as far as i know, especialy since Ki blasts are accepted on this wiki to have heat too.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Based on what Cyro said I cannot comprehend why superman wins? Lmao. Goku can teleport, in character will ask to fight somewhere remote, superman will agree, there is no reason why he wont dodge supes, and do I have to argue who is the better martial artist?

But I dont want to get too involved since I have uni stuff, so inconclusive is safer
It ultimately comes down to people voting for their favorite character on both sides. Both have a realistic chance of winning, but imo Goku can beat an in character superman a number of different ways. But yea inconclusive is a pretty safe bet of course.

Incon has less votes than Goku does, it would not be a good plan to avoid a loss XD

You were sayingƒæÇ?

Anyways people you should just try to stay as unbiased as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back