• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most controversial debate continues... Son Goku vs Superman (7-20-16).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he would since he'll use the heat vision immediately. Otherwise Goku wins this with SSJ. Worst case he turns SSJ2 and easily defeat Supes

DTG499 said:
@EmporerRorepme

No decent/smart fighter would tank an attack that they have never dealt with before, period. Goku would be able to tell that something is up with his HV from the insane heat it gives off. He has never dealt with anything close to that level of heat, he would not know if he would be able to take it or not and he is not going to test it by tanking it or blocking it. Goku has never tanked anything that he didn't know for sure wasn't going to damage him. There are no scans you can show me of him testing a new type of attack by tanking or blocking it and it leading to lethal damage.
If you haven't seen this already EmperorRorepme

May I ask, why do yall think Goku won't counter HV with another Ki blast attack or simply dodging? Just curious.

Omegas03 said:
May I ask, why do yall think Goku won't counter HV with another Ki blast attack or simply dodging? Just curious.
Pretty sure HV would pierce right though a Ki blast.

What's the heat measurement for matching absolute zero? If it's close to the sun. A Ki blast might be able to block since they have a record for not dispersing from the suns heat.

Speed is equalized and Goku dodging is a perfectly valid counterargument lol. Worst case he teleports out of the way. And for the people saying Goku won't transform immediately, I mean his transformation is instantaneous and he Goes to his higher forms all the time when he doesn't need to in DBS, even against weaker opponents. He will be able to sense Supes' energy and know that he needs to transform to stand a chance. Simple as that. Goku isn't stupid lol.

EmperorRorepme said:
That's a valid point on the HV. Though that wasn't the only argument on the other thread.
Off the top of my head, the only other ones I recall were the molecular heat vision(which is the most valid) and Superman killing goku while he's still in base(which would be out of character for both of them) but other than that?

Off the top of my head, the only other ones I recall were the molecular heat vision(which is the most valid) and Superman killing goku while he's still in base(which would be out of character for both of them) but other than that?

HV - molecular fuckery, lobotomise etc. Ice Breath. Phasing. Infinite Stamina. Punching into space with superior lifting strength (has been shown to one-punch others into space). Accuracy. Superman analysing everything about Goku and acting on it.

Punching into space isn't a win con because Goku is stronger in SS forms, and can teleport back worst case. Infinite stamina is irrelevant as this won't be a lengthy fight either way, it's essentially a one-shot battle lol.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Punching into space isn't a win con because Goku is stronger in SS forms, and can teleport back worst case. Infinite stamina is irrelevant as this won't be a lengthy fight either way, it's essentially a one-shot battle lol.
Goku would die in the moment he reaches space due to the nature of vacuum

Goku would die in the moment he reaches space due to the nature of vacuum

You actually remain conscious for a few seconds even as a regular human, and considering Saiyan toughness and natural adaptability he'd definitely survive long enough to teleport back, and that's assuming he gets overpowered in the first place which isn't happening when he's stronger.

Goku won't be getting punched all the way up to space by a weaker foe tbh. But all the other reasons are reasonable.

And Superman wouldn't use Planetary Heat Vision on Earth because ot's extremely ooc for him.

Again, why are the votes for him based on the HV argument are considered valid when it's very ooc for Supes?

The votes based on Planet sized HV were discounted at the start of the thread.

Anyways:

>Phasing

How much is IC for Superman to use it?

>Punching Goku all the way to space

Really unlikely as Goku has the AP advantage.

>Ice Breath

How often Supes leads with or uses it?

>Analysis

How good is it?

The only things Superman would get out of his information analysis is that goku can't breathe in space and has no resistance to matter and heat hax.

Were as goku with his analytical prediction will not get hit with said HV nor let him fly to space.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
HV is very in character. And refer to the other points
Planetary HV on Earth? The Planet with all the people he constantly protect? That is ooc for Supes. Planetary HV on anywhere else is in character, but Superman would never fire a leathal HV on the entire planet knowing everyone he cares about is there, and no matter who he fights against

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
HV is very in character. And refer to the other points
Planetary HV on Earth? The Planet with all the people he constantly protect? That is ooc for Supes. Planetary HV on anywhere else is in character, but Superman would never fire a leathal HV on the entire planet knowing everyone he cares about is there, and no matter who he fights against
I wasnt talking about planetary stuff. Btw, per SBA there are only the two of them fighting on Earth, so bruh moment on that

They wouldn't know that they're the only people on Earth, and Goku will just dodge regular HV from Supes and win due to massively outskilling him

Gilad Hyperstar said:
They wouldn't know that they're the only people on Earth, and Goku will just dodge regular HV from Supes and win due to massively outskilling him
...Superman would, given his amazing sense which can tell where you are in whatever point of the galaxy

The HV dura negs and can be used as AoE

If supes goes for an AOE Laser than Goku either Counters with his own Kamehameha or Teleports behind him and kicks his ass.

Goku can sense Supes too. Being able to know where your opponent is located is not going to prevent them from dodging, especially with speed equalized. And it still doeen't prevent Goku from teleporting behind Supes or counter his attack with his own ki attacks

They'd certainly wound him. Also, aren't you the same guys who are saying that Supes wouldn't abuse intangibility? Why are you saying he'd warp Kamehameha on a whim when he's only used that once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back