• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mandalorian: Discussion Thread

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Use this thread to discuss about the show and propose additions. The original updates you see below were long accepted.

I wasn't going to make a CRT but I don't feel like doing everything I was going to do to the profile anymore.

The following powers

• Sticky bomb
  • Flamethrower
  • Homing Missiles
And a Notable Attacks/Techniques part with this gifs. Can somebody add all that? Also can we make a profile for Baby Yoda? He needs to fight Green Baby, that would be neat.

Enhanced Senses: Yes, via Amban sniper rifle and his Beskar helmet. Mandalorians also have tech built into their helmet visors which offers things like magnification, infrared vision, and other such shit. I'm not sure if our Mando currently has it in his helmet, but he's sure to get it at some point in the show if he doesn't already. He keeps getting those sweet upgrades.

Explosion Manipulation: I don't know about this one. If we gave it to him, we would have to add it to the profiles of dozens of Star Wars characters who are known to make regular use of thermal detonators or other explosives. We would even have to give it to blaster wielders, as we know blasters can make small explosions on the highest power settings. We would also have to consider adding Energy Projection for every character known to wield a blaster.

Electricity Manipulation: I don't see why not. After all, he has fire manipulation because of the flamethrower in his vambrace. And he's likely to get a vambrace in-built taser like Cad Bane's one of these days (or at least I'm hoping he does).

Homing Attack: Yes, via the Whistling Bird missiles.

Stealth Mastery: Yes. He seems to be capable at infiltration and stealthily ambushing his prey.

Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction: I honestly don't know about adding this one. I'll see what others have to say. I can agree on Deconstruction.

Yoda Baby profile: Is this really necessary now? He's a mostly helpless infant. And a Class 5 of Tier 9-A usage of telekinesis knocked him out cold for days.

Not to give spoilers but

Soldier Blue said:
Enhanced Senses: Yes, via Amban sniper rifle and his Beskar helmet. Mandalorians also have tech built into their helmet visors which offers things like magnification, infrared vision, and other such shit. I'm not sure if our Mando currently has it in his helmet, but he's sure to get it at some point in the show if he doesn't already. He keeps getting those sweet upgrades.
He shows just that in the thanksgiving chapter.

So Episode 4 confirms a few things:

Mando has enhanced senses via helmet visor.

The Amban phase pulse sniper rifle does not appear to be a disruptor rifle. If it was, it could have probably one-shot that AT-ST.

Heavy blaster pistols on highest power settings can scorch most of a humanoid's back (along with the clothing) with a single shot.

I missed that last one but now that I think about it Mando could have used his ship against that AT-ST or in that mini war, lol.

Eficiente said:
I missed that last one but now that I think about it Mando could have used his ship against that AT-ST or in that mini war, lol.
He could have. It would have been too easy though. And the plot demanded that Mando and Cara teach the villagers how to defend themselves.

I believe explosives such as Thermal Detonators in Star Wars are High 8-C?

Well, I think that the AT-ST is weaker in the inside and that the explosion it made was mostly done by itself.

Cropfist said:
They would be for destroying the AT-ST.
I'm not sure. Star Wars has this trope whereby vehicles are much weaker from the inside and can thus be blown up with well-placed explosives on the inside.

A few examples that come to mind:

In Empire Strikes Back, Luke cuts a hole in the troop compartment of an AT-AT, tosses a thermal detonator inside, and it ends up crippling the walker.

In the Star Wars Rebels Season 1 finale, Sabine cripples the Imperial I-class star destroyer Sovereign with explosives placed inside the ship's hangar.

In Rogue One, an Imperial Shore Trooper on Scarif cripples a Zeta-class shuttle with a thermal detonator thrown into the shuttle's cargo bay. Said shuttle should have at least Town level+ durability. Smaller shuttles have showcased such durability and we know that a Zeta shuttle can actually knock down and even damage an AT-AT by ramming.

In Spark of the Resistance, a scientist named Glenna Kip & Poe destroy a First Order light cruiser with a bomb (disguised as an old astromech) that is inside the ship's personnel quarters. I doubt that bomb would have been effective on the hull.

And there are more.

I think that the recent edits that Mando had about him killing Stormtroopers should be removed, they aren't in that level physically and their 9-A durability sounds like a "it can maybe happen". Also post-Empire troopers were kinda off, they should have a different key being worse than before to a variable extent.

This is a good point. Mando is still 9-A IMO. Just not because of Stormtroopers.

The last two episodes have been good, but they felt kind of like...filler. They didn't really move the story along.

Lonkitt said:
This is a good point. Mando is still 9-A IMO. Just not because of Stormtroopers.
Yeah... Anyone in this verse on 9-C level can take down the average Stormtrooper.

I would like to point out that there are Stormtroopers on 9-B to 9-A level. However, they are the elite among the elite. SCAR squadron is a good example. And the Clone Troopers who remained as Stormtroopers within the Empire certainly are 9-B.

But the average trooper? 10-A to 9-C only.

Yeah, pretty sure they got feats higher than that. Also surprised Han Solo is still only 9-C.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, pretty sure they got feats higher than that. Also surprised Han Solo is still only 9-C.
Yeah. That pole bend calc hasn't yet come along. But he does have other shit to prove 9-B.

We know from Solo that he can take blows from a starving Chewie. He can also take a glancing blow from Black Krrsantan (as seen in the Vader Down arc).

In Galaxy's Edge Issue 1, he was unscathed by a fall of multiple storeys.

He is equal to Aphra, who can take blows from a cyborg lady that can bash down steel doors.

Speaking of Han that lost against MCU Star-Lord is bullsh*t, the only reason is that the latter can fly. Iirc Han's part of the story on Battlefront 2 made him beat many flying Stormtroopers (that could be wrong) as well as just an overwhelming amount of troopers by himself, and he could shoot someone behind him without looking as an old man.

@Soldier Blue, ah interesting.

@Eficiente, not sure what you're referring to, but okay.

So... The Mandalorian resisted getting his helmet pulled off by a Devaronian behemoth who could lift up a giant-ass metal door that was coming down on him. He can also yank off the limbs of combat droids.

Solid superhuman lifting feats.

And he also has a superb stealth mastery showing in this episode. Man, that was so awesome when he snuck up to Bill Burr.

Also:

This episode helps further confirm that vibroknives can indeed cut through metal armour plating that can take blaster shots.

Mando's virboknife cut through the knee-cap of one of the prison ship combat droids.

I wouldn't be able to watch the new ep until tomorrow but..

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mandalorian?diff=5678247

This feels very much wrong, Mando got harmed by 9-A things many times already and the thiccness of the armor may not be the same as the one Jango had. It also seems kinda wrong to scale an AT-DP to small armors, wouldn't the protection against kinetic damage durasteel has be better with more durasteel around?

I've been meaning to bring that up actually.

I agree with not scaling the AT-DP armour to the obviously lighter and thinner personal body armour of the same material (at least not across the board). It'd be like scaling the 2 inch thick armour plating of a safe room to that of an APC using the same plating.

I think we should scale only Dengar and Boba's personal armours to High 8-C as they actually have feats of taking Class-A Thermal Detonator explosions at close range. And Vader has taken a full barrage from BT-1 (with his powers suppressed; so that was without Force augmentation). And all of their armours are obviously heavily customised.

I saw it, beyond how I could barely stand that female Twi'lek and that Hellboy dude I fully get why some say it's the best ep so far.

• Devaronian is clearly stronger than Mando, the moment he resisted getting his helmet pulled off was very brief and he used skills to throw him away. So I think he shouldn't scale.
  • Yeah this is a nice addition to his Stealth Mastery.
  • Stealth Mastery for Baby Yoda is good.
  • Mando's cable can roll up on itself if he wants it to, which fits how others used it.
Well, if I'm gonna later apply the downgrade, the stuff from the last ep and this.

Back