• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lich Revisions (Adventure Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolphl

He/Him
Lich's profile, I saw that a lot of things were missing. I have a few things for this Villain who made the coldest speech in cartoon.
Here we go!

Abilities;
Resistance;
Lich appeared with the Mushroom Bomb. Mushroom Bomb created Amok Time. Since he took advantage of the Lich Bomb's power, he shouldn't be affected by its powers. (Mushroom Bomb's powers description) Therefore;
  • Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, Physic Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Casuality Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Acid, Poison Manipulation, Radiation Manipulation: He is not affected by what the Mushroom Bomb reveals.
(I will add the things that the Mushroom Bomb is mentioned here and not in its profile to the Mushroom Bomb's profile later.)
  • Temperature Manipulation: Their power boils water and is not affected by it
  • Existence Erasure: At Finn's wish, Prismo created a reality without the Lich. But the Lich still Existed
  • Cold/Ice Manipulation: Fought Ice Finn. since the Lich in Billy's skin was able to slide on the snow of the Ice Kingdom without freezing
  • Limited Sealing: He burned the seal of the New Death.
  • Pain Manipulation: He doesn't care if his face is burned by Gumball Guards and From the cutting of his hand by the grass sword.
Lifting Strength;
  • Class Z: Comparable with Finn and Jake

In addition Attack Potency and Range;
Stamina;
Removed Weakness;
The Lich is a being whose primary function is to bring death and destruction, and when he is unable to kill anything, he becomes paralyzed.
  • No. As can be seen in the Fionna and Cake series, although the Lich destroyed all life, there was no case of stroke. For this reason, this should be removed.
Agree: @LuffyRuffy46307, @Mamaroza, @Bruh, @Benimōru (Except Resistance to Mushroom Bomb's Abilities), @TheMonkeMan, @Tr&Lokumu, @DemonGodMitchAubin, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Jozaysmith?, @KingTempest
Disagree:
Neutral: @Benimōru (Resistance to Mushroom Bomb's Abilities)

Last edited:
Power Bestowal: He told Finn that if he gave The Enchiradion to him, he could make him live forever. (1:31)

Bear in mind he could have just been lying, so this should be a Possibly.

Immortality: Type 5, He existed long before the concepts of life and death as well as existence itself

Scan for this?

Bfr & Void Manipulation: He manipulated the King of Ooo's and Toronto's the perception of and took them into the void, (All three are floating in the void, If we watch carefully, we can understand.)

This just seems like an illusion.

In addition Attack Potency and Range;
  • Multiverse+: He was going to destroy the entire Multiverse. But at the last moment Finn prevented him.

Nothing says he was about to literally destroy the Multiverse. He opened a portal to the Multiverse.

Toronto, King of Ooo and Lich are floating in the air in all three. If we watch carefully, we can understand

Which is explainable by them being in an illusion that would make it look like they were floating in the air...

Power Bestowal should be possibly, I agree with Damage on that. But other one should be ok.
Existence Erasure: If not prevented by Finn, he would have destroyed the entire Multiverse (The hologram shown by Prismo shows that Universes are disappearing.) (2:38)
Here he talks about the unknown of what he can do through the portal and the damage he can do to these realities. There is nothing about erasing the universes from existence.
Self-Sustenance: Type 3
No scans
This looks good as well
It's just fire manipulation
Abstractness, Incorporeality
Cosmic Awareness
No scans again
This is Radiation Manipulation. If that liquid thing is radiation
Immortality: Type 5, He existed long before the concepts of life and death as well as existence itself
Social Influencing: He forced the New Death to kill his father.
No scans
Abstract Existence: Catalyst Comet; Embodied all that is Good and Evil. This evil was the Lich himself (2.00)
  • Immortality: Type 8, The lich is the embodiment of evil.
Being the embodiment of something (abstraction) does not by itself grant Abstract Existence. It requires the feat of regeneration/immortality related to that abstraction.

Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regeneration or control over the abstraction.

So, I disagree with these two
Fair
Non-Physical Interaction: He can touch the New Death, which is an astral being and which Finn cannot touch.
Need scans
I don't think this would be passive without context. His effort there was to get to Finn anyway. But I agree with mind manipulation regardless.
This looks good as well
Bfr & Void Manipulation: He manipulated the King of Ooo's and Toronto's the perception of and took them into the void, (All three are floating in the void, If we watch carefully, we can understand.)
This is the same mind manipulation he did to Finn. He's not sending them somewhere else or creating a void.
Acausality: Type 3, a time where the past, present and future can coexist at the same time lives in Amok Time
It's only talking about the fact that wizards can sometimes experience the future and the past as if they were the same thing. Not that the present, past and future are one.

So, I disagree with this too
Too vague IMO
Magic, Corruption, Biological Manipulation, Transmutation: He is not affected by his own powers.
Fair
Multiverse+: He was going to destroy the entire Multiverse with Enchiradion. But at the last moment Finn prevented him. (Adventure Time's Multiverse is infinite)
It's the same as what I said about existence erasure. He doesn't say that Licht will destroy the multiverse, just that the damage to this realities caused by him would be unknown if he opens a portal to the multiverse
I don't see why this would grant him infinite stamina

Last edited:
No scans again
Need scans
Added scans.
Power Bestowal should be possibly, I agree with Damage on that. But other one should be ok.
then it's like this; possibly power bestowal
Here he talks about the unknown of what he can do through the portal and the damage he can do to these realities. There is nothing about erasing the universes from existence.
It was given up.
It's just fire manipulation
He was very disturbed by the song and burned down the room as if without being conscious
This is Radiation Manipulation. If that liquid thing is radiation
I'm not really sure if that thing in there is radiation, but after all, the Lich is rise it up, maybe limited Earth Manipulation or possibly Earth Manipulation is fair.
Being the embodiment of something (abstraction) does not by itself grant Abstract Existence. It requires the feat of regeneration/immortality related to that abstraction.
Finn is also shown in the same scene (Embodiment of Good). In the previous scene, it is shown that Finn has been reincarnated many times. Also, the fact that the Lich has a weakness for things that are fundamentally good can be cited as evidence for this (Just like Golb, the chamber takes damage from music, He couldn't hurt Finn, who was wearing Princess Bubblegum's sweater, That the "Waters of Life" at the Citadel hurt him, etc)
I don't think this would be passive without context. His effort there was to get to Finn anyway. But I agree with mind manipulation regardless.
Lich usually uses expressions such as "Fall", "Stop", "Cease" to capture the minds of his opponents. But even though he didn't do anything in the scene I showed, Finn fell under his influence.
This is the same mind manipulation he did to Finn. He's not sending them somewhere else or creating a void.
When he manipulated Toronto and King of Ooo on stage, all three of them started floating in the air, nothing like this happened when he manipulated other people (Finn, Fionna, Simon), he also showed them the Primordial Monsters that existed before existence, so it must make sense that he took them to the Void.
It's only talking about the fact that wizards can sometimes experience the future and the past as if they were the same thing. Not that the present, past and future are one.

So, I disagree with this too
One of the things that caused Amok Time to appear is the Mushroom Bomb. explanation is here. Amok Time causes the past, present and future to be experienced at the same time, Many of the characters in Adventure Time live in Amok Time, which was revealed by the Mushroom Bomb. Where you say Wizards "See the Future and the Past more comfortably or cause them to experience the Future and the Past better," he says. So there are enough reasons for Acausality Type 3 again.
Too vague IMO
You can also watch this (2:42)
It's the same as what I said about existence erasure. He doesn't say that Licht will destroy the multiverse, just that the damage to this realities caused by him would be unknown if he opens a portal to the multiverse
Edited and added new reasons
I don't see why this would grant him infinite stamina
Since it existed before existence, it should not need things such as sleep, food, rest.
This has already been rejected
this is a different scan

He was very disturbed by the song and burned down the room as if without being conscious
Fair
Finn is also shown in the same scene (Embodiment of Good). In the previous scene, it is shown that Finn has been reincarnated many times. Also, the fact that the Lich has a weakness for things that are fundamentally good can be cited as evidence for this (Just like Golb, the chamber takes damage from music, He couldn't hurt Finn, who was wearing Princess Bubblegum's sweater, That the "Waters of Life" at the Citadel hurt him, etc)
Is Finn's constant reincarnation caused by the fact that he is the embodiment of good or is it something else?
Lich usually uses expressions such as "Fall", "Stop", "Cease" to capture the minds of his opponents. But even though he didn't do anything in the scene I showed, Finn fell under his influence.
Still vague IMO. But I prefer to remain neutral on this
When he manipulated Toronto and King of Ooo on stage, all three of them started floating in the air, nothing like this happened when he manipulated other people (Finn, Fionna, Simon), he also showed them the Primordial Monsters that existed before existence, so it must make sense that he took them to the Void.
It doesn't make much difference if one flies and the other walks. Especially when he uses this ability on Toronto and King of Ooo, what happens is that those two are being manipulated by Licht's perception manipulation. So they're being influenced through their minds and at the end of it they go back to the place where they were captured. So I don't think there's enough context to call it BFR and Void manipulation.
One of the things that caused Amok Time to appear is the Mushroom Bomb. explanation is here. Amok Time causes the past, present and future to be experienced at the same time, Many of the characters in Adventure Time live in Amok Time, which was revealed by the Mushroom Bomb. Where you say Wizards "See the Future and the Past more comfortably or cause them to experience the Future and the Past better," he says. So there are enough reasons for Acausality Type 3 again.
None of the scans say that the past, present and future are happening at the same time. Especially in the scans you used and in Ultima's description it is mentioned that time has become more elastic and that mages can "sometimes" see the past and the future as if they were the same.

Also, what is needed for Type 2 is to be non-existent in the past and future and exist only in the present. If here the past and the future are "one" with the present, then technically those characters exist in the past and the future, which means that they will be affected by the changes.

And what you're saying has nothing to do with Type 3. So I assumed you meant Type 2 in my answer. Because Type 3, in a nutshell, allows a character's alternate states at other points in time or in other universes to be unaffected by the death of the original self and therefore able to continue fighting. In this case, there is none of that.
Fair
Edited and added new reasons
There is still no evidence that he will affect the entire multiverse at the same time
Since it existed before existence, it should not need things such as sleep, food, rest.
Just because someone exists before everything else, it doesn't mean that they don't need sleep. That is just an assumption. But the part about not needing food and oxygen is fair

Last edited:
It doesn't make much difference if one flies and the other walks. Especially when he uses this ability on Toronto and King of Ooo, what happens is that those two are being manipulated by Licht's perception manipulation. So they're being influenced through their minds and at the end of it they go back to the place where they were captured. So I don't think there's enough context to call it BFR and Void manipulation.
Did you miss the part where the Lich floats in the air?
None of the scans say that the past, present and future are happening at the same time. Especially in the scans you used and in Ultima's description it is mentioned that time has become more elastic and that mages can "sometimes" see the past and the future as if they were the same.

Also, what is needed for Type 2 is to be non-existent in the past and future and exist only in the present. If here the past and the future are "one" with the present, then technically those characters exist in the past and the future, which means that they will be affected by the changes.

And what you're saying has nothing to do with Type 3. So I assumed you meant Type 2 in my answer. Because Type 3, in a nutshell, allows a character's alternate states at other points in time or in other universes to be unaffected by the death of the original self and therefore able to continue fighting. In this case, there is none of that.
In the scan I showed, it is also mentioned that Amok Time mixes the past and the future together. You can also tell from the example of the "concert" given. "Or sometimes experience the Future and the Past as somehow one and the same things."
Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.
In Amok Time, because the Past, Present and Future are experienced at the same time, it is also experienced at different points in time.
There is still no evidence that he will affect the entire multiverse at the same time
Ice Finn: Hahahahaha! What dimension is this?
Lich: All of them!
Ice Finn: That's great! Then we can live everywhere!
Lich: Everywhere you will die!
Ice Finn: Heh, what?
Lich: You, your family, everyone will die. Over and over! Mountains of broken bodies, beneath the wheel!
Here it is (6:25), With The Enchiradion via Environmental Destruction should be 2a.
Just because someone exists before everything else, it doesn't mean that they don't need sleep. That is just an assumption. But the part about not needing food and oxygen is fair
Then "Likely Infinite Stamina" should be fair.

Did you miss the part where the Lich floats in the air?
No, I already saw that part, but what I mean is that the characters affected by Licht are affected through the mind. Not in any other way.
in Amok Time, because the Past, Present and Future are experienced at the same time, it is also experienced at different points in time.
It's not just about being at different points in time. It is that the alternate states at other points in time are not affected by the death of the original self and therefore can still act against the opponent. And even if we take what you say about Amok Time as true, we still lack this.
Here it is (6:25), With The Enchiradion via Environmental Destruction should be 2a.
He's still not saying he's going to affect them all at once or anything like that. He's just saying that Finn's gonna die everywhere. Which by itself is not proof that he can affect them all at once.
Then "Likely Infinite Stamina" should be fair.
We do not directly grant infinite stamina to characters with Self-Sustenance Type 1 and 2.

He's still not saying he's going to affect them all at once or anything like that. He's just saying that Finn's gonna die everywhere. Which by itself is not proof that he can affect them all at once.
The Lich's only goal is to destroy life, and in doing so, it is a collective destruction. (He wished all life from Prismo to disappear etc). And The Enchiradion also has the range and power to do this.
It's not just about being at different points in time. It is that the alternate states at other points in time are not affected by the death of the original self and therefore can still act against the opponent. And even if we take what you say about Amok Time as true, we still lack this.
Well, then what this should it be?
What is your opinion about the others? Express exactly what you disagree/agree with/remain neutral so that I will add you that way.

Express exactly what you disagree/agree with/remain neutral so that I will add you that way.
I agree with everything except Cosmic Awareness, Abstract Existence, Immortality Type 8, Incorporeality, BFR, Void Manipulation, Acausality Type 3, Infinite Stamina and 2-A AP.

And I am neutral about the resistance to Mushroom Bomb's abilities.

Last edited:
Jake: What's up.
Peppermint Butler: Hey umm, those guys are doing selfies on The Lich. Is that safe?
Grob Gob Glob Grod: Definitely going to send these to Denise.
Prismo: Oh yeah, it's fine, he's harmless.
Peppermint Butler: Yeah, but why isn't he killing everyone in the room right now? Controlling our minds, making us rip each others eyes out while we buttercup one another?
Prismo: Well, The Lich's primary function is to cause mass death. And since he can't do that while he is trapped in my Time Room, he's stuck in a standstill, like a machine without a purpose.
Peppermint Butler: I am so scared right now.
Death: Yikes.
Jake: Aw, don't worry, he ain't gonna hurt nobody.

Jake: Ha! You got a cup on your head. Ha-ha, you dingus! See, he's docile as a lamb.
Peppermint Butler: Hmm. Well, okay, then I guess I can go for a selfie, too.
Jake: Yeah, man, make your dreams come true.
Source: Season 6 Episode 1
This is proof that The Lich wants to collectively destroy all life in the multiverse with The Enchiradion.
Incorporeality
Is the scan I added insufficient for the Lich to receive this ability?

This is proof that The Lich wants to collectively destroy all life in the multiverse with The Enchiradion.
Destroying all life is not the same as destroying the entire multiverse.

But still, if any staff member says they agree with this, then there is no reason why I should disagree.
Is the scan I added insufficient for the Lich to receive this ability?
The scenes you posted look more like a perception manipulation. Things like being seen in coffee are not exactly enough for incorporeality.

Last edited:
I think this qualifies more as Deconstruction which lines up with how he turned old man Prismo to dust
Also a few more abilities that i think can be added is:
Body Control: Farmworld Lich was able to change his size, shape and even grow more arms
Biological Manipulation/Fusionism: Fuse with New Death body
Transformation/Intangability: Turn into liquid to escape his sap prison and transform into gas/smoke after Finn&Jake hit him afterward
Resistance to Acid, Poison, Radiation: duh
Maybe Resistance to Ice: since the Lich in Billy's skin was able to slide on the snow of the Ice Kingdom without freezing

Body Control: Farmworld Lich was able to change his size, shape and even grow more arms
It's in the profile.
Biological Manipulation
Intangability
Resistance to Acid, Poison, Radiation: duh
Maybe Resistance to Ice: since the Lich in Billy's skin was able to slide on the snow of the Ice Kingdom without freezing
I've already mentioned these things.
Pretty sure the Lich already has 2-A AP
He already has Acausality Type 3 in his profile too
For be added as an additional reason.
Anyway Bump

Okay, I need to get rid of this Crt because I'm starting to work on something new. The things that have been scratched off are now the things that have been given up.
Which is explainable by them being in an illusion that would make it look like they were floating in the air...
I’ll check this out when I have the time
I agree with Benimōru
But still, if any staff member says they agree with this, then there is no reason why I should disagree.
Pretty sure the Lich already has 2-A AP
I agree with most stuff, what Damage pointed out tho was valid, so I share his concerns
Could you please give your opinion about the things left in the Crt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back