• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • In this thread, it was accepted that bloodbending has layers to it. However, I forgot to propose a baseline Resistance to Blood Manipulation and Body Puppetry for all human characters due to the chi field in their bodies. So I’m rectifying that now.

• The Spiritbending technique under Korra and Unalaq should include Purification and Chaos Manipulation. The fact that it can purify spirits is already listed under Korra’s profile, but the actual ability is not. The technique works by pushing spirits towards balance or imbalance, with the show clarifying that darkness and imbalance are intertwined together. The former text comes from the ttrpg, and the way it’s worded implies that anyone who can use the purification aspect of the technique can also use the chaotic aspect of it. Contrast that to the way the lightningbending technique is written, where it states that not everyone who can generate lightning can also redirect it, and vice-versa. In addition, Spiritbending should have Limited Matter Manipulation. Spirits can shift themselves into different phases of matter, and when Korra derstroys them with spiritbending, she’s turning them into a different kind of energy. Since the technique failed to work on the vines that covered Republic City, this is why it should be limited.

• All Avatars should have baseline Resistance to Power Nullification. Korra was able to unlock and enter the Avatar state after her chi had been permanently sealed off by Amon.

• Raava, Vaatu, Unavaatu, and Cosmic Korra should all have Resistance to Poison by virtue of being spirits.

• Katara and all of the avatars should have Underwater Breathing Type 4 via being able to create air pockets underwater. The avatars should also get Type 2; according to the Avatar creators on the Braving the Elements podcast, Aang was able to survive in the Iceberg by using subtle airbending to remove oxygen from the water (the comment occurs around 2:30). They also state that Raava’s energy played a role in keeping him alive.

• Cosmic Korra should get Self-Deconstruction via being able to deconstruct herself into spirit particles. I wasn’t sure what else to call this, so perhaps someone else could come up with a better ability.

• Here’s the big one. In the Day of Black Sun Part 2, Ozai is able to feel the solar eclipse ending and immediately uses his bending to attack Zuko. In the clip, you can see the light from the sun expanding out from the left side, and it takes Ozai 2.25 seconds to react. True, he’s not seeing the actual light from the sun and reacting to it, but he can feel/sense it. Truly skilled people in the verse can sense what is happening when it comes to cosmic-related stuff. and it takes light 1.25 seconds to reach the earth from the moon and vice-versa. We later see in Korra that the Avatar world’s moon is at a similar distance that our real life moon is. This means that Ozai and everyone who scales to him would have Relativistic+ combat speed.
Edit: Speed seems to have been rejected, so I just need approval for the other stuff.

Last edited:
Most looks good except for speed. That would just be Enhanced senses at best. "Feeling the sun" =/= physically reacting to the wave of light's velocity or attempting to dodge sunlight. It still hits him before he reacts.

I agree with everything and I'm neutral regarding speed.
The Spiritbending technique under Korra and Unalaq should include Purification and Chaos Manipulation.
This should also be corruption, as seen with Unavaatu trying to corrupt Korra with spiritbending.
(Can steal souls; Says that dark spiritbending can destroy souls)
This should be soul manipulation and since both can be accomplished through SB, Korra should have this too.
Cosmic Korra should get Self-Deconstruction via being able to deconstruct herself into spirit particles. I wasn’t sure what else to call this, so perhaps someone else could come up with a better ability.
Base Korra should have energy absorption as she absorbed the spiritual energy that made up Cosmic Korra.
And I just realized that this has interesting implications for the scaling.

Most looks good except for speed. That would just be Enhanced senses at best. "Feeling the sun" =/= physically reacting to the wave of light's velocity or attempting to dodge sunlight. It still hits him before he reacts.
Wouldn't it be both, since he physically moved his body in that amount of time?
Korra absorbs all the energy from Cosmic Korra, consequently absorbing all of Cosmic Korra's power into herself.
Both the avatar state and cosmic Korra have the same ap rating, so it wouldn't make a difference. Though given the scan with Guru Pathik, the statement of Korra connecting to the cosmos, and the creators calling that form the "supreme universal self", I believe it's much higher then what we have her at, though that's a topic for another day.

Disagree on the speed for DDM’s reasons and disagree on the power null resistance. Korra lost the three elements she had mastered when Amon cut her chi paths with his bloodbending. Even after learning airbending not long after, she didn’t regain her previous bending despite Katara’s best efforts until Aang returned them an undetermined amount of time later in the South Pole. At best she has an unconventional resistance in that her bending needs to be power nulled multiple times. Agree on the rest rn.

In korra's letter to the next avatar, it's revealed that it was going into the AS that restored her bending.
Aang was like a memory or some sort of mental plane.

Heavily disagree with the speed meta
He did his shit after the light had appeared on earth not while it was in transit
Besides, it's a huge outlier
Granted, there isn't any anti feats but still

Oh yeah, regarding Power Nullification resistance; how the Avatar's Chi works is they have 7 Chakras that each amplify a different ability. It's more accurate to say, he was only able to clog up three of those Charka's in the base of the spine (Earth), sacrum (Water), and stomach (Fire). But her heart (Air) Chakra and other Chakras weren't blocked out.

I thought the explanation was that Amon just forgot to block off (or couldn’t because it hadn’t been opened yet) the airbending chi path

I thought the explanation was that Amon just forgot to block off (or couldn’t because it hadn’t been opened yet) the airbending chi path
That is what happened. And the original series established that you need to unlock all chakras to access the avatar state. Despite Korra having several of her chakras blocked off by Amon, she was still able to unlock it thanks to getting the knowledge of energybending through Aang's spirit.

She still got all of her powers back through the mechanics of how the avatar works. Aang's spirit/essence is a part of her. If she had had the avatar state beforehand, the null would have happened faster. It could be written as "resistance to power null after unlocking the avatar state".

Everything here seems to check out, but I don't seem to get the Self-Sustenence part. As it did seem like eternal slumber inside of the iceberg, and I'm not quite sure if humans necessarily get any hungrier when completely frozen

Everything here seems to check out, but I don't seem to get the Self-Sustenence part. As it did seem like eternal slumber inside of the iceberg, and I'm not quite sure if humans necessarily get any hungrier when completely frozen
Well, in real life suspended animation via cryonics, the human is clinically dead, and that obviously didn't apply to Aang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back