• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am eternal, child. I am the Eater of Worlds. - Pennywise (Canon) P&A Rewrite.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
I'm probably gonna regret this later.

Introduction
Hello, everyone.

If it wasn't obvious until now, I've been having my own little marathon of Pennywise. I've watched the 2000s movies, and revised our profile for that incarnation of Pennywise, and I did the same thing with the 1990s Miniseries incarnation. So, I am here with a CRT for the last Pennywise profile, completing the unholy trinity.

Well, kind of. This CRT will only be going over the avatar portion of the profile, specifically the Powers and Abilities section. I won't be touching the Deadlights key, because I am honestly not confident that I can tackle them without it horrifically backfiring on me. In order to revise that version of Pennywise, you would have to also revise the cosmology of the Dark Tower verse, which I am just not gonna do. That sort of thing was why the last Dark Tower CRT fell through, afaik. So I am just gonna make things easier for myself, and everyone who participates in this CRT, by not touching the 1-A key (That tier in general just has a dark influence on people).

As for why I am specifically going for the Powers and Abilities section of the profile. Lets be real, outside of the Deadlights, Pennywise's abilities are what make people think he is OP. Plus, the current P&A is definitely a product of its time, back where you can just list abilities with zero explanation, and you would be fine. Maybe some day I will come back to the page and upgrade the stats, but who knows, I am lazy. Maybe this will be the last CRT I will make, and will disappear again for months. Who knows.

Here is the revised P&A section, and here is the current profile, if you wish to compare them side by side.

Notable Changes
Outside of the lack of reasoning for abilities, the P&A is fine, they got most of Pennywise's abilities down. But there are two oddballs that won't be present in this rewrite, unless we collectively decide that they should stay and give proper reasoning to them.

1. Acausality.
I don't really know where this came from. The best I was able to find on my own research, was a "timeless" statement. This could probably give him enough for Type 1, but one could argue that this is either referring to the Deadlights (Which are explicitly beyond time and space), or is referring to Penny's ageless Immortality.

I did find this old CRT, that I think is the source of the Acausality, but the reasoning isn't all that good. The quote that is being referenced to make the argument was said by Penny's true form, who has his own reasoning for Acausality, so I don't see why this was applied to the avatar.

2. Low-High Regeneration.
Again, I am not quite sure where this came from. The best I was able to find, was that you can argue Pennywise has a liquid-based physiology that allows him to come back from a liquid state, kinda like Bendy from BATIM. This is because when it is transitioning between forms, it becomes a goo that is compared to running wax. However, we seem to be moving away from this sort of logic (Bendy no longer has Low-High regen because of his ink physiology), and this is moreso a trait of Penny's shapeshifting, rather than being part of some healing factor.

If you have some additional powers or whatever you think should be listed onto the profile, please talk about it in the thread. It is entirely possible that I missed something in the book, given its ridiculous length (1100+ pages. Girthy bastard).

Votes
Agree: Greatsage13th, ZeedKZ, Roachman40, ShionAH, DaReaperMan, Armorchompy, HorrorHistory

Disagree:

Neutral:

I don't have a goofy face of Pennywise for this CRT, so here is a picture of my cat instead.

Pending Stuff
In The Dark Tower, this thing known as "Ka" is established. In the books, it is basically what we know as destiny/fate. Well, on Stephen King's website, I found this official glossary that goes over various terms used in the verse. Here is the High Speech definition of Ka;

Like many words in High Speech, ka has multiple meanings and so is difficult to define precisely. It signifies life force, consciousness, duty, and destiny. In the vulgate, or LOW SPEECH, it also means a place to which an individual must go. The closest terms in our language are probably fate and destiny, although ka also implies karma, or the accumulated destiny (and accumulated debt) of many existences. We are the servants of ka, but we are also its prisoners. Ka’s one purpose is to turn, and we turn with it, albeit sometimes under different names and in different bodies. In The Dark Tower (Book VII of the Dark Tower series) ka is compared to a train hurtling forward, one which may not be sane.

This statement implies that the mind and Ka are the same thing, along with life-force. This is backed up in one of the books (The Drawing of the Three), where we see a guy separate his Ka from his body, and the state is described similarly to what you would think of a disembodied consciousness or ghost. If this is true, we can also give Pennywise Fate Manipulation, since it is established fact that he can manipulate minds.

This might be entirely wrong, but we can talk about it.

Last edited:
I agree with this and the exclusion of acausality type 1 due to vagueness and low high regeneration due to shapeshiting.

CRT is fine, although I do feel it probably needs some refs, specifically for the scans that dont show any page number. Understandable if ye dont wanna tho, all coming from the same book anyway, I assume

I kinda struggle to say with his general mind hax, but the Deadlights still have 1-A powers.

That also reminds me, I need to go over resistances.

It (the creature) is also the antagonist of the book "Later", though in that book instead of the avatar, a singular piece of the Deadlights is the villain. It's why Penny's true form has possession as an ability.

Mild Update - Some Resistances for Pennywise:

Mind Manipulation (Pennywise's mind is the Deadlights)

This was brought up, and accepted in a previous CRT for Pennywise, but that CRT never went through, so I might as well bring that back.

2. Poison/Pollution (Can live in Derry's canal with no issue, despite it being so polluted that not even minnows can live in it)

Not entirely sure if pollution stuff warrants Poison Manipulation, but it was the closest ability I can connect this to.

You can argue Pennywise can resist Time Manipulation, with it being described as timeless as said above, and this is backed up with it predating time, but this could just be an Immortality thing.

Existing before time with additional context can be Acasuality 4

Being timeless should instantly make Penny immune to Time Manipulation because he lacks time to be manipulated

I've added the pollution and mind hax resistances to the rewrite.

Gonna wait for more people's opinions before adding a resistance to time hax.

I'd put it as a poseibly/likely resistance to time manip

I agree overall but you should rework the stats sans Cosmology stuff

If you're adding resistance to mind manipulation via his essence as the Deadlights, you may as well add Soul Manipulation resistance for the same reason.

Alright.

While we are on the topic of minds and souls and whatnot, wanna bring up something that I wasn't confident about putting into the rewrite straight away;

In The Dark Tower, this thing known as "Ka" is established. In the books, it is basically what we know as destiny/fate. Well, on Stephen King's website, I found this official glossary that goes over various terms used in the verse. Here is the High Speech definition of Ka;

Like many words in High Speech, ka has multiple meanings and so is difficult to define precisely. It signifies life force, consciousness, duty, and destiny. In the vulgate, or LOW SPEECH, it also means a place to which an individual must go. The closest terms in our language are probably fate and destiny, although ka also implies karma, or the accumulated destiny (and accumulated debt) of many existences. We are the servants of ka, but we are also its prisoners. Ka’s one purpose is to turn, and we turn with it, albeit sometimes under different names and in different bodies. In The Dark Tower (Book VII of the Dark Tower series) ka is compared to a train hurtling forward, one which may not be sane.

This statement implies that the mind and Ka are the same thing, along with life-force. This is backed up in one of the books (The Drawing of the Three), where we see a guy separate his Ka from his body, and the state is described similarly to what you would think of a disembodied consciousness or ghost. If this is true, we can also give Pennywise Fate Manipulation, since it is established fact that he can manipulate minds.

This might be entirely wrong, but we can talk about it.

Alright, I want to make sure I am listing all the people that are in support of this thread (People who have verbally agreed to the changes in the chat, not just a like. If you haven't done that yet, please do, so we can keep this thread alive).

• Greatsage13th
  • ZeedKZ
  • Roachman40
  • ShionAH
  • DaReaperMan

Either that, or spreading this thread to other places, would be appreciated.

Also pretty vital, since out of all the Pennywise profiles, this is the one that needs revising the most (Just look at the damn thing).

Back