• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mandalorian: Discussion Thread

As Cropfist said, I think he should get upgraded to 9-A for choking Cara. She even comments that he almost killed her doing it.

I removed the 9-A via Force Choke someone added. Cara, like most characters, can't apply the same tier she physically has through her neck alone to repel something pushing it. It would be another story if she had something tangible doing that which she would be able to fight, but you can't do anything against the Force.

In the same way that having more Lifting Strength than other character doesn't give the same tier, even if they are competing with each other.

Spoilers of the last episode of the season................................................

• Mando's real name was revealed, which someone added to the profile.
  • He finally got a jetpack.
  • And also blows up parts of a modified TIE Fighter with 2 of his bombs.

Can we go ahead and change the profile name to "Din Djarin" now?

I knew Cara Dune hated the Empire with every fibre of her being based on her instant agreement to join Mando's last mission of the season. But now that we know she's Alderaanian... Well...

IG-11, you shall forever be remembered as the best murder/nurse droid in all of Star Wars. Rest In Pieces.

Doctor Salute

Well, I think that his most used name should be the profile's name, and he's never called like that while he's always called Mando so...

I miss that last part when watching it, now the "he knows us all" makes more sense.

Would the time he was talking on lava be worth calc'ing?

Eficiente said:
Would the time he was talking on lava be worth calc'ing?
Wouldn't it only be 9-B though? He scales to better shit.

IG-88 (who is from the same line) once crashed through a cave roof and made a big hole.

That would yield better results.

Eficiente said:
Spoilers of the last episode of the season................................................
  • Mando's real name was revealed, which someone added to the profile.
  • He finally got a jetpack.
  • And also blows up parts of a modified TIE Fighter with 2 of his bombs.
'Twas me who added the name. I didn't want to add the rest of it because I'm not confident in my ability to be accurate on that. Also, we got a scene where his face is revealed, and I think we should add that as one of the pictures on the top of the profile.

Oh, and on top of that he got a signet, which is a big deal for Mandalorians, maybe we can include that somewhere. It's a mudhorn.

Cropfist said:
That makes no sense. Her neck isn't massively weaker than the rest of her body.
As previously mentioned, that isn't necessarily what is being implied. Things get messy when the force is involved. Does force-choking truly apply force to the outside of the neck, does it simply constrict their wind-pipe, does it stop the lungs from working, does it keep the air from being transferred? There is too much uncertainty to comfortably scale.

FinePoint said:
'Twas me who added the name. I didn't want to add the rest of it because I'm not confident in my ability to be accurate on that. Also, we got a scene where his face is revealed, and I think we should add that as one of the pictures on the top of the profile.
Well, it should go in his gallery due to the fact that he never takes his helmet off.

I added a high quality photo without his helmet to the gallery. I ripped it right off Disney+, so it's not getting better than that.

I think it's more likely he's too juvenile to understand pain rather than actually enjoying what pain is. And deflecting the incinerator stormtrooper's blast should finally be enough for an upgrade.

If there was a category for kind characters he would be there as well, as him not understanding what kindness is wouldn't remove the fact that he helps others.

FinePoint said:
As previously mentioned, that isn't necessarily what is being implied. Things get messy when the force is involved. Does force-choking truly apply force to the outside of the neck, does it simply constrict their wind-pipe, does it stop the lungs from working, does it keep the air from being transferred? There is too much uncertainty to comfortably scale.
In the Battlefront: Twilight Company novel, Vader Force chokes an imperial turncoat named Everi Chalis. Even though she survived (only due to Vader rushing off to look for Luke) it is explicitly explained that her trachea was crushed and she seems to have lasting damage.

Someone would need to modify the wording in the definitions of kind and kindness to add having a moral agenda as part of the factors in them. Idk what to tell you, those notions were never there. Many crazy characters who act without control would suddenly not be sadists, or even evil.

Some stuff about the speed of everyone

Mando's "SuperHuman moving speeds"

• "Easily caught up to a Jawa sandcrawler going at full speed in order to flee from him." That thing was slow as hell.
  • "Outran an AT-ST, which can travel up to 90 kph" This is the feat, the AT-ST was clearly not moving at its top speeds. By it due to the trees around, it being in a bad state or both.
The Child

• "Peak Human reaction speed normally (Reacted to a giant mudhorn who outsped the Mandalorian). Peak Human combat speed with The Force (Managed to attack the same mudhorn)" Here's that, the mudhorn stopped before attacking Mando and then went to attack him again, which is when BY did his thing. Anyone could do that.
Mando should have that part removed and BY should have that downgraded to normal human.

I don't know what to say either, a literal baby enjoying the site of bad people who hurt him getting blown up doesn't make him a cruel sadomasochist who enjoys pain and suffering in general. Are kids who like violent entertainment sadists too?

He's not High 7-C at all, Force users amp themselves and his Outland TIE Fighter has Large Building level+ durability.

Didn't Maul explicitly not use the Force to prove himself to Death Watch

I swear I don't remember him using anything

He should have Subsonic reactions no?

He should have comparable reactions to Han who can react faster than the eye according ESB Script and Novelization

Yeah. About that . . .

We see Mandalorians reacting to blaster bolts at close range a few times.

Gar Saxon brought his hand up in time to block a DL-44 shot with his beskar gauntlet. And other Mandos have also shown such impressive reactions. Sabine is equal to Saxon.

Soldier Blue said:
In the Battlefront: Twilight Company novel, Vader Force chokes an imperial turncoat named Everi Chalis. Even though she survived (only due to Vader rushing off to look for Luke) it is explicitly explained that her trachea was crushed and she seems to have lasting damage.
I was half-expecting a fanatic to come back with something like that. If they crush the trachea directly, then it supports the argument that it is not the same as choking someone with your hands, and therefore supports my point that it's not easy to scale.

Eficiente said:
Wall of text
To support your first claim with evidence, the max speed of a Sandcrawler is 30kmh, Usaine Bolt ran 45kmh. That would only make him peak-human at best.

Soldier Blue said:
There are quite a few calcs. Results vary from Hypersonic to MHS+ and shit.
Scaling the lasers to real lasers isn't practical because they contain some plasma, and therefore some mass. MythBusters calculated the actual speed of the lasers based on the real speed in the films, and came to an average of 130mph or 58ms.

FinePoint said:
Scaling the lasers to real lasers isn't practical because they contain some plasma, and therefore some mass. MythBusters calculated the actual speed of the lasers based on the real speed in the films, and came to an average of 130mph or 58ms.
It is accepted here that blaster bolts (at least in Canon) are plasma bolts that do not move at light-speed.

But they're certainly not as slow as that. The Mysthbusters figures are highly unreliable, as they rely on mostly scenes with outdated and highly inconsistent special effects. And their figures are blatantly contradicted by scenes of blaster bolts crossing distances of dozens or even hundreds of metres in just a few frames of film in more modern works.

Blaster bolts are easily at least Supersonic, given that we know they are multiple times faster than something like Swoop bikes, which have canonically stated speeds of upwards of 600 km/hr.

Back