• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lich Revisions (Adventure Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are clear counter-argument to Lich having Low-godly in base as again as i've mentioned, he was unable to regenerate a new body for himself as a hand when such a feat can easily be done by High-Mid regen let alone sth as high as Low-godly and the "overtime" argument cant really be use as the Lich stayed a hand for far longer .
No. The hand is not the original form of the Lich, that Hand is part of Jake's body, and that Hand has the soul of the Lich in it. Just like Billy's body is not the original form of the Lich. If the Lich could literally control the body he was in, he could regenerate himself, he couldn't do it in Billy's body because the body was already dead, he could regenerate himself in Jake's body because Jake's body was still alive.
The Lich was in the snail body (as we see) then he read the Enchiridion, got his old body back then attack Billy, we saw all of this in Finn's dream, this support him only having Low-godly with the Enchiridion.
We don't know if he read the Enchiradion there to regenerate his body, and if he only read it to regenerate his body for the sole reason, it wouldn't make sense for him to attack Billy and take over his body. The reason Lich read the Enchiradion there was to learn how to get to the Time Room.

This disproves that they are both the same person. Different Mind=Different Personality, Different Personality=Different Presence
Then you'll have to make separate Crt to remove let me see:
Perception and Fear Manip: remember the "Before time" speech that you also reference to give the Lich new powers? Yeah, invalid now because different personality = different power
Empathic and Transmutation Resist: Cuz while the entirety of Ooo was effected, having the mind of a child was apparently all it takes for SP to resist it and not because of anything else
While we're at it, let's remove all of the abilities and power he got from being a Primordial since the entire speech was done by SP and not Lich, who knows where the little guy got that information from. Might as well remove that part of the lore altogether then since they're different entity.
Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? And the strange thing is you didn't originally have this view since you included power displayed by SP in your own Crt. This is like saying if someone character have amnesia or a separate personality they'll somehow develops new extreme ability that they couldn't do prior when there is nothing special or exceptional about said new personality to warrant such an ability segregation, nothing is stated or hinted

No. The hand is not the original form of the Lich, that Hand is part of Jake's body, and that Hand has the soul of the Lich in it. Just like Billy's body is not the original form of the Lich. If the Lich could literally control the body he was in, he could regenerate himself, he couldn't do it in Billy's body because the body was already dead, he could regenerate himself in Jake's body because Jake's body was still alive.

We don't know if he read the Enchiradion there to regenerate his body, and if he only read it to regenerate his body for the sole reason, it wouldn't make sense for him to attack Billy and take over his body. The reason Lich read the Enchiradion there was to learn how to get to the Time Room.
Ok, ill be neutral on the situation then. Not like it matters in a vs match since the regen takes so long

Perception and Fear Manip: remember the "Before time" speech that you also reference to give the Lich new powers? Yeah, invalid now because different personality = different power
At the time of that speech, the Lich was controlling that body.
different personality = different power
They are two different minds in one body. When Sweetie P is overcome with fear and terror, the spirit of the Lich inside her comes to life.
Empathic and Transmutation Resist: Cuz while the entirety of Ooo was effected, having the mind of a child was apparently all it takes for SP to resist it and not because of anything else
The Lich still wins them in two different ways. First of all, the Lich's soul that was in Sweetie P's body that was there was not affected by the elementals. Secondly, he was in the Candy Kingdom during his stay in resin, the Lich stayed there for a long time and was not affected by these powers.
Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? And the strange thing is you didn't originally have this view since you included power displayed by SP in your own Crt. This is like saying if someone character have amnesia or a separate personality they'll somehow develops new extreme ability that they couldn't do prior when there is nothing special or exceptional about said new personality to warrant such an ability segregation, nothing is stated or hinted
Okay, this is starting to get weird. To be honest, I prefer to remain neutral about the Immo Neg and Regen Neg, because there is some truth to what you are saying.
Ok, ill be neutral on the situation then. Not like it matters in a vs match since the regen takes so long
This is not a delayed regeneration, the Lich was just waiting for the right time.

At the time of that speech, the Lich was controlling that body.

They are two different minds in one body. When Sweetie P is overcome with fear and terror, the spirit of the Lich inside her comes to life.

The Lich still wins them in two different ways. First of all, the Lich's soul that was in Sweetie P's body that was there was not affected by the elementals. Secondly, he was in the Candy Kingdom during his stay in resin, the Lich stayed there for a long time and was not affected by these powers.

Okay, this is starting to get weird. To be honest, I prefer to remain neutral about the Immo Neg and Regen Neg, because there is some truth to what you are saying.

This is not a delayed regeneration, the Lich was just waiting for the right time.
Honestly all of this doesn't really matters i'm fine with ignoring the Immo, Regen Negation and just get this close and applied. I'm pretty spent on this subject, you can continue from here

Honestly all of this doesn't really matters i'm fine with ignoring the Immo, Regen Negation and just get this close and applied. I'm pretty spent on this subject, you can continue from here
Even if we accept everything you say, Sweetie P didn't do it with her own powers, she did it with Finn's sword. So Sweetie P is not directly scaling up to this feats.

The Enchiridion has that range already, since he utilizes the enchiridion idk if he needs a thread for it
Ahh I mean, many characters have become 2a, but their Range has not changed (I don't know why). My goal is at least to add Multiverse+ Range to the Lich with Enchiradion, because there are consistent arguments about this.
Okay
Can you give your opinion about the other things in the CRT?

Not everybody with 2-A potency has 2-A range
As for other things,
Power Bestowal isn't something he can do. That implies through going to Prismo, the Wishmaster, who could make you live forever, which he needs the enchiridion to do
No, fire manip
Radiation manip
Not really, that's just him moving his form
  • Fusionism: Fuse with New Death body
Possession, not fusionism
Definitely not Low-Godly. He wasn't destroyed that much
  • Matter Manipulation & Cloth Manipulation
Fair
Clairvoyance, not precognition

Everything else is fine

Power Bestowal isn't something he can do. That implies through going to Prismo, the Wishmaster, who could make you live forever, which he needs the enchiridion to do
The Lich will already achieve this with the Enchiradion (possibly)
No, fire manip
This is an Instinctive Action. This happened because Jake's music made him very uncomfortable.
Radiation manip
Well, that was ridiculous anyway.
Not really, that's just him moving his form
Hmm, it's a little complicated, but I'm sure it's true.
Definitely not Low-Godly. He wasn't destroyed that much
In the scene, it seems clear that the entire physical form of the Lich has disappeared.
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
Possession, not fusionism
The Lich's Hand Form was fused with the New Death.
Clairvoyance, not precognition
Okey
Everything else is fine
Now that there are 3 staff votes, I can apply them to profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back