• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Long Awaited SCP Upgrade

Can you explain this please?

Are you trying to equate 2 verses as 1?
Essentially if I'm not wrong: Mentioning higher dimensions here doesn't mean anything tier wise for the said characters getting upgraded because they (unless they have said feat) cannot scale to said cosmological structures.
I do think Rabbit should make their own CRT after this one concludes just to make sure their arguments are fresh and whatnot.

Uncountably infinite universes are as many universes as there are real numbers i.e. you couldn't count them even in an infinite amount of time.
Isn't this what most verses have? Besides you can't count infinite....its basically the same thing but countably and uncountably as they are both infinite.

Rabbit, you are derailing and I am going to have to ask you to stop.

Why are we ven still debating? Can we please just wait for Ultima? Hell even Agnaa already agreed to 'Likely Low 1-C, possibly higher'

Is this what most verses have? Besides you can't count infinite....its basically the same thing but countably and uncountably as they are both infinite.
There is a mathematical difference between different sets with different cardinals of infinities.

"Infinite is infinite" is not a correct statement.

Rabbit, you are derailing and I am going to have to ask you to stop.
Yeah I agree and apologize about this
My whole opinion about this CRT is that I am neutral to the things of A hole in Mars and Noosphere, but Disagree with Higher dimensions or SCP-4555 due to the separation of the former and completely unrelated in terms of canon and context of the latter

Is this what most verses have? Besides you can't count infinite....its basically the same thing but countably and uncountably as they are both infinite.

Not many verses mention uncountable infinities, but we equalize certain things to them.

My explanation of the difference between countably infinite and uncountably infinite, is that if you made a list of countably infinite numbers, you'd be able to complete that list without missing any of them, even if the list would be infinitely long. For uncountably infinite numbers, any list you try to make of them will always be missing some.

Countably infinite sets include whole numbers and fractions. Uncountably infinite sets include, say, every decimal between 0 and 1.

This is important for our tiering system, not just because uncountably infinite numbers are larger, but because co-ordinates in space can land at any decimal. The number of points in a line is uncountably infinite. Since a lot of the tiering system was originally rooted in dimensions, this sort of thing still remains important.

And I disagree with Ultima that Ad Astra's statement is "blatantly Low 1-C", it's ordering universes then goes into using cardinals, it's not exactly clear what they mean by "and onwards" in that context. Or in other words, they ****** up the maths, which makes it less reliably Low 1-C imo.
I do agree with that assessment, seeing Agnaa's later points. While I think Ad Astra's statement is Low 1-C in any case, it not being as solid because of the mess-up on the writer's part is a valid complaint, so, I'd be fine with putting a "possibly" or a "likely" when addressing it in particular.

On the other hand, 4555's statement is far more explicit, and is just solid Low 1-C for reasons I already outlined in my first post on this thread, so, the only point of contention I see regarding it is whether or not it applies to the cosmology which the god-tiers affect. Of course, I have roughly 0 interest in discussing that myself, so, good luck to you all.

I don't think there's any argument that 4555 isn't Low 1-C. The problem is proving that the other multiverses in 4555 are within Yesod.

I literally said this in my first post and we've come full circle.

And so I return to my suggestion of 2-A, likely Low 1-C, possibly higher. The exact same proposal that everyone agreed with in the first page of the thread, but bumped down by 2 dimensions since the statement of 3 temporal dimensions is now considered inapplicable.

At Least 2-A, Likely Low 1-C, possibly Higher is fine to me.

But i prefer Likely Low 1-C, possibly Higher. it will be less precise but

At Least 2-A, Likely Low 1-C, possibly Higher is fine to me.

But i prefer Likely Low 1-C, possibly Higher. it will be less precise but
The reverse for me basically. I think the latter is fine but don't see the point in cutting out the solid 2-A end we already have.

I'm fine with "2-A, likely Low 1-C, possibly higher"

If I may ask, will this be 5-D or 6-D?

SCP-2634 shouldn't be Low 1-C, it should be deleted lmao.

I am confused aren't most of the verses gods composites why does the version of the cosmology matter.

They're not composites, they're an attempt to find consistent stuff from all author's works. When there's contradictions, those contradictions have to be resolved, not ignored because "lol composite". We don't include stuff that's known to be non-canon.

We don't include stuff that's known to be non-canon.
If I may what ******* canon we call it extended canon 90% of the time. Why do we get to decide what is canon to what or canon at all for example why aren't jokes canon give me a reason other than it's a joke multiple main series articles and tales are jokes. Hell they get crosslinked.

We have two extremes. Only use what the author wrote or collaborated with other people to write (original canon), or use what any author wrote that isn't demonstrably non-canon.

Why do we get to decide what is canon to what or canon at all

We don't, we read what's canon from the site.

for example why aren't jokes canon give me a reason other than it's a joke multiple main series articles and tales are jokes. Hell they get crosslinked.

Jokes are canon.

But to give an example, lolfoundation is established to be a separate universe from the main one where the researchers have reality-warping powers. We don't scale the main universe researchers to those. That's a distinguishing point between "extended canon" and "composite".

The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The Foundation has a big bolded warning at the top saying that the list is meant as a joke, and not an actual depiction of how the character Dr. Bright acts.

I think Weekly has been able to show me some examples of other stuff that's demonstrably non-canon.

We still need to discuss At least 2-A, likely Low 1-C, possibly higher, or At least Low 1-C, possibly higher.

Back