• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King wants his throne back (Ikki vs Jin Mo-Ri Redux) Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone fill me in on what Ikki starts with?I don't know wether the answer is constantly changing or I'm just lost.

I'm gonna post scans of Taek impaling people from the inside first, then Mori completely dodging them.
Teeth 1
Teeth 2
Teeth 3
Teeth 4
Teeth 5

In regards to the Fei guy: he was one of the most skilled in a tournament, where even fodder is considered to be genius combatants, and everyone wields a fighting style that's drastically superior to its real world counterpart in terms of technique and difficulty.

that Jin is a master of Re-Taekwondo, a fighting style so difficult to learn that Dean, someone who can copy almost any techniques just by seeing it once, and then train many many times faster than normal by training in both the present and a precognitive future simultaneously, took several days (to him it felt like months) to barely get down the most basic punches and kicks of the technique in an imperfect form.

Jin learnt this stuff effortlessly by seeing his grandfather do it once, while he was a baby.

Dean, when only using the basics of Re-Taekwondo at a low level, was able to go from being one of the weaker contenders for the tournament, to the only one who could pose a threat to Jin (the entire rest of the tournament combined could have been wiped out by him in one blow because of how much stronger he was at this point).

So even the very basics of Re-Taekwondo grant absurd levels of stat amping, and Jin's a genius at using it, his reactive eco stat amps should match if not outdo Ikki's stat amps, and it'd get worse the longer the battle went on.

Delete this
Tbh someone close this but saying 'Trackless step has been shown not to work' reacting to something from your unconcious isn't the same thing as reacting to spikes that spawn inside of you. Ikki's presence is completely concealed by trackless step. Mori had seen exactly how the Megaladon spikes worked prior to dodging them. Saying Mori somehow deals with Trackless step by reacting to it is a pretty bad argument.
Even in the scans you posted Taek is standing right in front of him.

That wasn't used as an argument against Trackless steps, It's already been determined that Trackless step won't work on Jin.The spikes stuff was an argument for another thing

Considering the most knowlwedgeable people on Rakudai are vehemently disagreeing and considering it was the reason Ikki won the last fight I would highly disagree with that.

What Die said

the argument for Trackless Step not working was either it being perception hax or Jin being able to control his subconsicous

Blackcurrant91 said:
Considering the most knowlwedgeable people on Rakudai are vehemently disagreeing and considering it was the reason Ikki won the last fight I would highly disagree with that.
In the last fight basically everything about Jin's skill feats were ignored or downplayed. Plus Earl has been shifting the goal posts for this entire thread.

That last thread was awful, to say the least.

Blackcurrant91 said:
This is a new thread, with new things for Jin being brought up that weren't before.And no one address those new reasonings

This seems like spite tbh. Ikki can easily copy his accupuncture to stat amp himself and likely to a higher degree then Mori as well considering the stat amps he can use himself. How the heck is Mori even gonna land his accupuncture, Ikki's precog is ridiculous and as Earl has already noted Ikki either going Rasetsu or Shura or Phantom form is going to give him an easy win.

I know people seem to hate whatever verses Earl likes but this is kinda weird.

Blackcurrant91 said:
This seems like spite tbh. Ikki can easily copy his accupuncture to stat amp himself and likely to a higher degree then Mori as well considering the stat amps he can use himself. How the heck is Mori even gonna land his accupuncture, Ikki's precog is ridiculous and as Earl has already noted Ikki either going Rasetsu or Shura or Phantom form is going to give him an easy win.

Get back to me when you read literally anything that happened in this thread, because you clearly haven't so far.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I don't care about the other points besides the accupuncture one since it's the only one I've argued.Simply, Ikki can't use Accupuncture to it's fullest extent that Jin can even if he copies it due to Ikki not eaten the Sage pill nor being a God.

Literally the last post by anyone knowledgeable on Rakudai is talking about how Trackless step works so you guys are being pretty disingenous.

jesus ******* christ. You literally just disproved yourself. The last thread was 60% Ikki x Stella discussion and basically no one who knew jack shit about Jin commented, leading to an FRA trail for Iki.

Trackless Step has been dealt with. Try again with something that actually hasn't already been addressed.

@Blackcurrant For the record, he was able to change my mind about Ikki with that chapter he posted when he pierced through Stella's defenses with his Saigeki. But that is all I will say, I don't want to derail again.

youou diBlackcurrant91 said:
Literally the last post by anyone knowledgeable on Rakudai is talking about how Trackless step works so you guys are being pretty disingenous.
you didn't read the post that explains how Jin counters trackless step so I'll explain, Trackless step gets countered by the opponent being able to fight will unconcious or have control over their unconcious, Jin has control over his unconcious and unlocked his true unconcious by eating the sage pill, he doesn't get affected by trackless step

Not even arguing that Trackless Step doesn't work, I'm saying that getting an 8x speed and attack buff is more than enough to get past it. Plus, what Die said is true, acupuncture only works for divine beings or people who have eaten a divine pellet.

Canonically only 3 people know how to use Na Bong-Chim Acupunture, 2 of them ate a divine pellet and one of them is literally one of the strongest Gods in the series.

Ovens was constantly commenting in the last thread. I have read the entirety of GOH and not a single chapter of Rakudai so not sure what you mean. Just cause people where trolling for 5-10 posts doesn't make a thread invalid.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Ovens was constantly commenting in the last thread. I have read the entirety of GOH and not a single chapter of Rakudai so not sure what you mean. Just cause people where trolling for 5-10 posts doesn't make a thread invalid.
You very clearly haven't read much of either of these threads. Please come back when you have any idea what you're talking about.

No offense intended, but it's really ******* annoying.

@Die so why doesn't this key of Mori have extra sensory perception. I literally do not remember that happening or perhaps im just a speed reader. The fact that this is the first time that argument was brought up because 'it was discussed on discord' is really weird.

Blackcurrant91 said:
@Die so why doesn't this key of Mori have extra sensory perception. I literally do not remember that happening or perhaps im just a speed reader. The fact that this is the first time that argument was brought up because 'it was discussed on discord' is really weird.
I just happen to have been going through the verse and looking for stuff and wanted to re read about the sage pill and found out how it works.

you're point was that he doesn't have ESP listed. He does and can control his subconscious. I genuinely can't tell what you're trying to argue anymore

Guys I think we should all calm down.

It's fine to have differing opinions, after all, the final tally is decided my majority vote. We are allowed to disagree.

Okay not that it matters but I will go with it. Say Trackless step doesn't work. How will Mori put him down through his precog? The second Ikki realises how stupidly skilled Mori is after reacting to trackless step he is going to go Shura or Rasetsu and speed blitz.

Not only does Jin have comparable, if not superior, skill feats, although pure precog and info analysis are kinda lacking, but he practically one-shots with Re-Taekwondo, his main form of attack in all keys.

This is on top of him opening with an 8x overall stat boost.

Okay cool, Ikki also one shots with his stat amps. Even if they are equally skilled in a fight as a martial artist vs a sword user having info analysis and Precog means Ikki is going to be practically impossible to hit. All Ikki has to do is dodge one attack and go Rasetsu and blitz.

Hl3 or bust said:
Not only does Jin have comparable, if not superior, skill feats, although pure precog and info analysis are kinda lacking, but he practically one-shots with Re-Taekwondo, his main form of attack in all keys.
This is on top of him opening with an 8x overall stat boost.
Jin's info analysis is most likely lacking compared to Ikki's, he is able to tell a beings weak points just by looking at them.

Ikki won't dodge that attack. The chances of him dodging an 8x speed attack from someone used to dealing with fast enemies and with high AoE is absolutely negligible. Even is ikki goes full Ittou Rasetsu, his durability doesn't go up with it so Jin can still easily kill him.

Mori rarely opens straight up with accupuncture stat amps till he can see what his opponent can do. To argue he accupuncture amps to x8 and goes for an Aoe finishing move as an opener is disingenous. He isn't bloodlusted. Mori loves to fight and see what people can do before destroying them. Especially in this key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back