• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King wants his throne back (Ikki vs Jin Mo-Ri Redux) Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firephoenixearl said:
Ittou Shura gonna become dozens of time of speed amp, making ikki's stat amp 4x or 5x faster

That's also without counting Ikki's secret techniques.
At this point i wouldn't doubt Ikki surpasses Batman in terms of ridiculous/impossible skill feats.

At this point i wouldn't doubt Ikki surpasses Batman in terms of ridiculous/impossible skill feats.

I feel like a shit ton of Batman supporters could argue against that

Blackcurrant91 said:
Yeah Ikki quickly takes out both of Jins arms meaning he can't use any meridian points. His kicks are still strong though.
jsut a fun fact, but Jin's grandpa who also uses Re-taekwondo gets one of his arms chopped off and immediately reworks his technique to be even more flawless in that form.

Characters in Goh can easily rework their techniques from scratch on a whim

Blackcurrant91 said:
Yeah Ikki quickly takes out both of Jins arms meaning he can't use any meridian points. His kicks are still strong though.
Jin can use accupuncture with his feet as shown when Hui used it on his arms after Dante used accupuncture on accupuncture to break them.

As for the match, I'm leaning on inconcluesive for right now, both are pretty even overall though Jin has some notable advantages thanks to how he fights, Ikki as well but alot of his useful stuff seems won't affect Jin that much though he would still have the AP,DB and speed advantage even if they barely exist or are consider advantage to some.

I vote inconcluesive

Well he is a guy that broke through fate by trying too hard...so...

I mean that's not uncommon in fiction like I know a guy that survived conceptuality destruction because he refused to be erased.

CHIM in TES requires you survive becoming independent from a tier 0s dream through basically sheer will so...

Yeah fiction just loves to say the character resisted x op hax from another character or can manipulation x all because of his willpower.

I read through all this and it seems very even.

Mori resists skill copying and trackless step(also has shown to be able to copy and use sword techniques with his body)

seems to have the AP advantage and an AOE attack who might give him a chance to land a hit through precog or at least dominate the fight.

Ikki has that precog, minor speed vantage (1.25) and phantom blade who can seemingly cripple while ignoring durability + his secret sword techniques.

Skillwise it's very hard to compare as Mori has a huge experience difference + a bigger skill chain(skillstomps geniuses who skillstomp geniuses who are world class fighters in a world were everyone and their mother is extremely skilled/has magical martial arts powers)

while Ikki has a bunch of skillfeats who are just BS or give him literal superpowers like mind reading extreme body control and resistance to hax

Voting inconclusive, but leaning more towards Jin

There is 1 thing to count in, and that is the upcoming upgrade ittou rasetsu which is omega blitz.

But anyway, as i was saying. Just end this as jin's win idc. After revisions are over this will be so outdated it's not even funny.

Huesito88 said:
Yeah fiction just loves to say the character resisted x op hax from another character or can manipulation x all because of his willpower.
As long as you have "muhwillpower" you should be fine within fiction.

PsychoWarper said:
Huesito88 said:
As long as you have "muhwillpower" you should be fine within fiction.
.*Laughs in Gurren Lagann*.

I think we can all agree that Willpower is the most OP ability in fiction (Barring Omnipotence but thats just boring) ovo.

Huesito88 said:
"the upcoming upgrade"
Just do it already then =P
I mean it's a literal verse revision, have some patience. It's gonna take maybe a week or so. I have to finish reading some stuff for rakudai gather feats and stuff, i also have a life to take care of. So that's why im not saying "don't finish this until im done with the revisions".

PsychoWarper said:
I think we can all agree that Willpower is the most OP ability in fiction (Barring Omnipotence but thats just boring) ovo.
Hah, pathetic mortal. Thinking a character won't achieve omnipotence via will.

Even I don't know. But there will be decent upgrades to especially the stat amps, feats, abilities and (maybe) a new key for Ikki and Stella. Though as i said it will take time.

This was indeed a mess to read, and I am starting to worry that people are caring more abour arguing ability interactions futilely and just going "yeah but that won't happen, you see?"

It's been making debating a chore at times. Also, Jin FRA.

Huesito88 said:
Even you don't know does that mean you found new feats that can be calculated?
Well we need new feats cus with the ke changes toukas raikiri which is the thing that scales most of the stuff in the first keys is invalid, so I'll either find a new feat or find a way to downscale from the sssaf keys. With ittou shura changes the scaling will also change etc

What was the change to the way we treat KE? Has it not been updated to the current page? I would think a sword being swung would fall into the realm of an object that gets its KE directly from its speed, and would also fall into the category of using a fast moving object to attack. Are those no longer valid reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back