• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King wants his throne back (Ikki vs Jin Mo-Ri Redux) Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Ovens said:
Let's just say for posterity that Jin lands a Meridian point, what's Ikki's answer to that? Jin can look at a person and see their weak points, if he hits Ikki once, it's game over.
The fact that he never will land that. Ikki will just slash him. You do realize that contact with ikki's blade is bad right cus it's the same as being slashed. So ikki cannot be blocked, is faster, and has no need for acceleration making eye tracking fairly harder.

Sir Ovens said:
Let's just say for posterity that Jin lands a Meridian point, what's Ikki's answer to that? Jin can look at a person and see their weak points, if he hits Ikki once, it's game over.
Being 2 times faster and it not being a Re-Taekwondo move and just a complex pressure point attack. Having muscle based precog/mind reading so he never gets hit in the first place. Mori losing the use of his arms if he gets even nicked by Ikki's attacks.

Dienomite22 said:
Well the 3 different factors were already argued against.

Precog isn't a factor because Ikki can't learn Jin's Renewal in this amount of time, Ikki's current info analysis isn't good enough to compensate here as Blah blah said

Speed isn't a factor because well you already know.

Accelerate basically the same reason as speed
Wrong.

Why would precog help with blitz?

Speed is a factor, it's a 2x advantage.

Acceleration means insta 2x blitz, rather than eventual. Think of the flash step from uq holder.

On top of it all as i said there are sword styles which increase his speed even more like raikou.

Painless means that hitting Mori won't hinder him from attacking, and he can "wake" up stamina drained limbs with pressure points. Plus, Mori's info analysis is good enough to allow him to dodge Jegal's teeth, which spawn on the target. He can most definitely dodge Ikki's sword slashes, since trackless step gets countered by divine pellet awakening and Meridian Points have no counter because Ikki isn't divine.

@Firephoenixearl

What? Those 3 factors were argued against wether you opposed them or not.

I don't know what you mean here

A neglible one but true

No, it just means you can go top speed without accelerating

It's just him swinging while in his 10x state, not a speed increase.

Also, might I add that the 2x advantage is purely speed, as Re-Taekwondo took Mori from being an 8-C to an 8-B before proper mastery. With the 8x boost and Re-Taekwondo, he should be well above Ikki's 10x AP and dura boost.

Dienomite22 said:
I don't know what you mean here

A neglible one but true

No, it just means you can go top speed without accelerating

It's just him swinging while in his 10x state, not a speed increase.
I mean precog is not even a factor in "blitz" no one said "ikki blitzes via precog".

-

Yes, that's what the flash step is as well. Due to no need for acceleration it makes an attack seemingly faster, because your eye cannot addapt to it. With acceleration you start from 0 to move thats why the eye can catch up (you can see a speeding aircraft), but without it you start from top speed (but you can't see a bullet being fired). It's an eye trick that helps with blitz, so it's not more speed, it's just an instant start that causes a similar effect to blitzing.

No raikou is actually an attack that's faster than other attacks.

And on top of it all are you saying like "these are not enough to lol blitz, that's why Jin has an advantage"? Ikki has an insane advantage even if he doesn't insta blitz. He will land the blow far easier.

Na-Bong Chim acupuncture is considered as difficult as Re-Taekwondo, also, Jin's movement uses Bu-bup, which is an advanced Re-Taekwando technique, so Ikki wouldn't be able to predict his movements in general.

Anyways, I'm giving my vote to Jin, since he will get significantly stronger throughout the fight, won't be predicted, can paralyze Ikki, and if necessary can heal through Ittou Rassetsu, and kill easily afterwards.

I will not be online for a while due to being on a plane.

Blahblah9755 said:
Na-Bong Chim acupuncture is considered as difficult as Re-Taekwondo, also, Jin's movement uses Bu-bup, which is an advanced Re-Taekwando technique, so Ikki wouldn't be able to predict his movements in general.
Anyways, I'm giving my vote to Jin, since he will get significantly stronger throughout the fight, won't be predicted, can paralyze Ikki, and if necessary can heal through Ittou Rassetsu, and kill easily afterwards.
Depends Ikki could copy Edelweiss' sword which no one else could copy or replicate. He copied and perfected it too.

Ikki can 1 shot with a rather major speed advantage. He can't come back from 1 hit from Ikki.

Firephoenixearl said:
I mean precog is not even a factor in "blitz" no one said "ikki blitzes via precog".

-

Yes, that's what the flash step is as well. Due to no need for acceleration it makes an attack seemingly faster, because your eye cannot addapt to it. With acceleration you start from 0 to move thats why the eye can catch up (you can see a speeding aircraft), but without it you start from top speed (but you can't see a bullet being fired). It's an eye trick that helps with blitz, so it's not more speed, it's just an instant start that causes a similar effect to blitzing.

No raikou is actually an attack that's faster than other attacks.

And on top of it all are you saying like "these are not enough to lol blitz, that's why Jin has an advantage"? Ikki has an insane advantage even if he doesn't insta blitz. He will land the blow far easier.
What was the 3rd factor in Ikki's 3 factor Jin won't be able to touch Ikki argument?I'm pretty sure precog was one of the reasons

So it's an eye trick not a speed boost and it's nothing new to Jin.

Ok, though the description doesn't give that impression

Because the speed is advantage isn't anything new to Jin and he's reacted to opponents who were massively faster than him multiple times, it's difficult to translate to a speed equalized and verses setting

Neither can Ikki come back from one hit from Mori.

Again, Ikki lacks the divinity to use Na Bong-Chim acupuncture. To him, poking the points does nothing.

Well I'm going to bed now...have fun yall.

@Sir Ovens

Im about 90% sure Greed absorbed Jegal, end of GoH tournament Jin and Dae-Wi should be commissioner level, will bring it up in the discussion thread tomorrow along with some ability additions

Are the people who tried to copy that swordsmanship technique mimicry users who can copy techniques other technique mimickers would have had to spend their whole lives to perfect effortlessly?

Blahblah9755 said:
Are the people who tried to copy that swordsmanship technique mimicry users who can copy techniques other technique mimickers would have had to spend their whole lives to perfect effortlessly?
In the whole verse, only edelweiss can use that and Ikki who copied it from her. That's literally all. Not a single person in the whole verse.

Dienomite22 said:
What was the 3rd factor in Ikki's 3 factor Jin won't be able to touch Ikki argument?I'm pretty sure precog was one of the reasons

So it's an eye trick not a speed boost and it's nothing new to Jin.

Ok, though the description doesn't give that impression

Because the speed is advantage isn't anything new to Jin and he's reacted to opponents who were massively faster than him multiple times, it's difficult to translate to a speed equalized and verses setting
Not jin won't touch him, it's just ikki being argued for the speed advantage.

Oh so i assume jin has fought people who don't accelerate huh?

-

Speed Equal dude. That is just Jin's reactions being good. This is speed equal and Ikki vastly outdoes in speed, has eye tricks, range advantage, cannot be blocked, and needs 1 single graze to win this fight. Why is jin even being argued to win here? Ikki has about every advantage possible.

That's if he takes out both arms. This is unlikely as Mori doesn't usually block with both arms unless he knows he absolutely can't dodge the attack. Plus, it's a sword, as we've seen with Mira, Mori can just break it with his hella good AP advantage.

Ikki's sword is his soul. It's durability is actually way higher then Ikki's. Devices are described as way more durable then their owners.

Sir Ovens said:
That's if he takes out both arms. This is unlikely as Mori doesn't usually block with both arms unless he knows he absolutely can't dodge the attack. Plus, it's a sword, as we've seen with Mira, Mori can just break it with his hella good AP advantage.
>Break

>Devices

Hahaha No

Btw Ikki's gonna go through some revisions in his profiles once im done finishing the novels. And Ittou Shura will become a "dozens of time x stat amp" rather than 10.

You might want to have the fact that his sword has Low 7-C durability on his profile, since that seems rather important.

Hl3 or bust said:
You might want to have the fact that his sword has Low 7-C durability on his profile, since that seems rather important.
Who said anything about Low 7-C?

Just for context. Wallenstei is a guy who sliced off several mountain tops just by swining his sword, as in an ordinary swing. An that guy couldn't break a device. It's not about durability, it's just that for some reason the swords seem to work on a different metric.

Considering how Ikki is, him secretly having all of his stuff at Low 7-C somehow doesn't seem very farfetched at this point.

Hl3 or bust said:
Considering how Ikki is, him secretly having all of his stuff at Low 7-C somehow doesn't seem very farfetched at this point.
Again the swords durability is above Low 7-C by a fairly great margin. But that durability is based on some magical stuff, so it's a bit weird. I myself need more info on that, im waiting for more to be translated.

Another feat is Stella vertically cuts a 9km tall mountain in half and still couldn't break a device.

Jack and Monarch voted for Mori.

Earl, Black, and Emperor voted for Ikki

I'm also gonna vote for Mori.

I think Hl3, and Blah, and Dienomite also voted for Mori but I'm not sure.

Btw expect decent rakudai upgrades for most profiles after this. I am gonna have to ask everyone not to make Rakudai matches. From this point until a later notice Rakudai will be under revisions.

And by decent i mean, if you thought Ikki breaking through fate via skill was stupid enough then you're sorely mistake

Jack, Monarch, Hl3 and I voted for Mori.

Earl, Black, Ion, and Emperor voted for Ikki

Wow this looks to be pretty even.

I wonder what the outcome will be?

Blackcurrant91 said:
x2 speed comes from his stat amp being better. It means it's going to be really easy for him to land anything.
if i understood the argument right,both characters are speed equal and one amps his speed by 8x and the other by 10x

if that's the case, then Ikki is not 2x faster, he's 1.25x times above Jin(without counting his secret techniques).

Epiccheev said:
if i understood the argument right,both characters are speed equal and one amps his speed by 8x and the other by 10x

if that's the case, then Ikki is not 2x faster, he's 1.25x times above Jin(without counting his secret techniques).
Ittou Shura gonna become dozens of time of speed amp, making ikki's stat amp 4x or 5x faster

That's also without counting Ikki's secret techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back