• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter Becomes The Hunted (Herah vs Senna) Battle for 5th Strongest Low 7-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Herah with Jeffery (End of Act 1, GAS Bracelet on)
Senna (Base)
SBA
Speed Equalized

Last edited:
Not only does she resist but the effect is noted to be slow, so we're all good in that department.

Not only does she resist but the effect is noted to be slow, so we're all good in that department.
Correction, she does not resist since this isn't death manipulation. But she's still fine nonetheless.

According to her profile she doesnt resist type 3 madness manip, mind hax and empathic hax in the hundreds of thousands, or death hax in the hundreds of thousands

Which effect? The Shadows Isles stuff and Senna's hax are instantaneous
Um, looking at the official site for league, the shadow isle and I quote:
Mortals who dare to venture to these dismal shores will slowly have their life force stolen away from them, which in turn attracts the insatiable, restless spirits of the dead.
So, not instaneous.
Secondly, Herah starts out of Senna's range so these hax can't hit her from the start.
Thirdly, Jeffery does resist all of this with no issue and can reverse the effects with their power nullification, which is High 1-A.

It is in fact instantaneous, every instance of the Shadow Isles in the lore shows this

The hax of the shadow isles itself would hit her before she ever got to Senna

Would you mind showing scans of this then? Because as I said, the site disagrees with you.

Guy took two steps into the Isles and died

"All around Yorick, living things began to writhe and contort, corrupted by the foul magic in the Black Mist. People, animals, even plants began to transform into vile, ghoulish mockeries of their former selves. Whispers emanated from the turbulent air around him, and his brothers began ripping the vials of healing water from their necks, as if the objects were causing them great anguish. A moment later, Yorick watched in abject horror as the monks’ souls were ripped from their bodies, leaving cold, pale corpses behind."

"A blastwave of magical force tore across Helia, shattering every last building and leaving the fragments suspended in searing un-light. In its wake came the Black Mist, a billowing hurricane that dragged every living creature it touched into its shrieking, roiling embrace. Hecarim tried to rally the Iron Order, hoping to make it back to their ships, but the mist claimed them one by one as they fled. Alone, and defiant to the end, the knight-commander was taken by the shadows. He and his mighty steed were fused into a monstrous, spectral abomination that reflected the darkness in Hecarim’s heart—a brazen creature of fury and spite, at one with the Black Mist and yet utterly enslaved by it."

"A catastrophic blastwave of dark energy surged outward, engulfing Helia and spreading rapidly across the rest of the Blessed Isles, and the white mist that had once protected them turned black and predatory. Every living thing in its path perished in an instant, and yet their spirits could not move on, caught in a horrifying new existence somewhere between life and death. Thresh himself was among the first to be claimed… but while others screamed in anguish at their fate, he reveled in it."

"From leagues away, Maokai felt the first ripples of the disaster that would soon devastate the isles. He sensed a horrific force gathering beneath the soil, and a bitter chill washed over him. As the ruination spread, Maokai desperately plunged his roots deep into the ground and drank of the healing waters, saturating every fiber of his being with their magic. Before the cursed water reached him, Maokai withdrew his roots, severing all connection to the pool. He howled in rage as the sacred reservoir he had entrusted to men was fully corrupted – the spiraling coils churning underwater until nothing pure remained. Moments later, the mists surrounding the islands blackened and spread over the land, trapping all living things in an unnatural state between life and death. Maokai watched in helpless agony as all he knew – plants, nature spirits, animals, and humans alike – twisted into wretched shades. His fury grew; the great beauty he had cultivated from tiny saplings fell to ruin in an instant at the careless hand of man."

All of those are from the initial explosion that made the shadow isles into what they are now. All four characters where there when that happened. I'm talking current Shadow Isles, which is what the setting is being applied to, not Shadow Isles when the explosion occurs.

The Black Mist is what causes the haxxing, the explosion didnt cover the entire isles just the capital, the black mist is what haxxed the island

In that video we have a good few minutes of him navigating the isles with little issue, he clearly only died near the end there. And once again, all the other scans you showed were from when the intial curse came. Not of the current island.

So the video more confirms what the official site says while the other scans are pretty much unrelated.

No, his body fell facing the boat. That indicates more he died near the end when he fell

No the implication is that h was dead the whole time, even before he sets foot on the isles his soul is almost sucked out of his body just by sticking his hand out of his protetive barrier

No it isn't.

Again, his body is facing towards the boat. Right before he's revealed to be dead, he falls at the steps while running back towards the boat. He's also missing his lantern, which he could've only lost while alive right after he encounters Thresh.

If he had died while stepping off, he wouldn't at all be facing the boat. And the mother would've probably have reacted.

I don't know how you can take that as anything else.

"Hecarim reared as forking traceries of lightning split the sky. He lowered his glaive and led his knights in the charge, throwing up giant clumps of blood-sodden sand and bone fragments as he went. The mortals screamed and brought up their shields, but the ghost-knights charge was unstoppable. Hecarim struck first as was his right as their master, and the thunderous impact splintered the shieldwall wide open. Men were trampled to bloody gruel beneath his iron-shod bulk. His glaive struck out left and right, killing with every strike. The ghost knights crushed all before them, slaughtering the living in a fury of thrashing hooves, stabbing lances and chopping blades. Bones cracked and blood sprayed as mortal spirits fled broken bodies, already trapped between life and death by the fell magic of the Ruined King."

"A black mist rolled out from a haunted landscape of gnarled trees and tumbled ruins. The fisherman freed his boat and turned its prow in terror for Bilgewater, but Karthus leapt into the sea and waded ashore. Steadying himself with his notched tally-staff, he proudly sang the lament he had prepared for the moment of his own death, and his words were carried on a cold wind to the heart of the island.

The black mist flowed through Karthus, ravaging his flesh and spirit with ancient sorcery, but such was the force of his desire to transcend mortality that it did not destroy him. Instead, it remade him, and Karthus was born anew in the waters of the island as a fleshless revenant. Revelation filled Karthus as he became what he always believed he should have been; a being poised at the threshold of death and life. The beauty of this eternal moment filled him with wonder as the wretched spirits of the island rose to behold his transformation, drawn to his passion like predators scenting blood in the ocean. Finally, Karthus was where he belonged, surrounded by those who truly understood the boon undeath truly was. Filled with righteous zeal, he knew he had to return to Valoran and share his gift with the living, to free them from petty mortal concerns.

Karthus turned and the Black Mist bore him over the waves to the fisherman’s boat. The man fell to his knees before Karthus, begging for his life, and Karthus granted him the blessing of death, ending his mortal suffering and raising him up as an immortal spirit as he sang his lament for passing souls. The fisherman was the first of many such souls Karthus would free, and soon the Deathsinger would command a legion of unliving wraiths. To Karthus’s awakened senses, the Shadow Isles was in a state of apathetic limbo, where the blessings of death were squandered. He would galvanize the dead in a crusade to bring the beauty of oblivion to the living, to end the suffering of mortality and usher in a glorious age of undeath."

"The monster drifted closer, and the dark radiance of his staff bathed the ship’s deck in pale, sickly light. Vionax backed away from the wraith’s chill as her crew fell before the light, their souls drifting like steam from their bodies. Her heel caught on one of the laid out hammocks and she tripped, falling backwards onto her haunches. She pushed herself away from Karthus, scrambling over the bodies of her fellow sailors."

"Stepping back from the table, Yorick watched the man’s chest rise and fall one last time. The Black Mist filled the room, spirits clawing out from it in anticipation. The Mist shivered eagerly, then ripped the dead man’s soul from his body. It uttered a faint, feeble cry before it was devoured by its new host."

So, the first one, has people on the island not dying actually trying to leave. So again, the island doesn't instakill.

The second one once again doesn't point to him instantly dying and in fact gives no indication of the speed of his death.

Third one, everyone is killed by a ghost so not sure what you're trying to prove there.

Fourth one, he was already dead when the mist came from him. And the mist in story actually seemed to be very much waiting for him to die before doing anything to said dead man.

But this is clearly too much trouble at this point so I'll change the location to somewhere else.

All of what you justdscribed are the shadow Isles killing people so im really not sure what youre confused about

All of what you justdscribed are the shadow Isles killing people so im really not sure what youre confused about
You said The Shadows Isles stuff is instantaneous and that she dies passively before reaching serana. You then citing several instances from the intial wave that killed everyone on the island and a video that didn't support your point. And then listed several more entries that didn't show people instantly dying as soon as they were on the island.

My confusion was very much in you saying that the island would get to her first, when the island itself has a passive effect that slowly kills, the inhabitants seem to kill like normal people bar what happens after the death and the black mist seems to not actively attack those on the island until after death.

But since the location has changed, none of that matters now. So, what is Serana's first move in-character?

Question, why even have it in the Shadow Isle or Targon? Have happen in SBA, and don't restrict Herah's oE, i think it wouldn't be accepted in the top 5 due to all these changes.

The initial wave is the black mist yes, that is what Senna uses and what covers the Shadow Isles

The Island's effect kills instantly

Senna's opening move is infecting her opponent with the Black Mist,inflicting the same hax on them as the black mist does

Question, why even have it in the Shadow Isle or Targon? Have happen in SBA, and don't restrict Herah's oE, i think it wouldn't be accepted in the top 5 due to all these changes.
Herah's oE isn't restricted, amping with it is since I remember amps being allowed to be restricted and I figured you're supposed to restrict abilities that allow you to jump tiers for these battles. If that is unneeded then I'll unrestrict them.

And the reason I don't set the battle in Central Park, personal preference more than anything else. We have a wide selection of settings to choose from, I think it fair to give some thought to where exactly and I prefer that the location has some bearing on at least one of the characters involved. And as long as the environment doesn't push the battle too heavily in favor of one or the other then it shouldn't really matter the location for these matches.

I think you are confused, one of the versus thread rules is that you may restrict tier-jumping powers to make a fair battle, but we do not restrict anything in the top 5.

Well, let's just take that the Shadow Isle does kill instantly, it would turn the battle too heavily in Senna's favor, but it seems the battle is in Targon now.

Also, i think Duedate disagreed with me in the H1A upgrade tier, but i don't see how covering something H1A in size isn't Irrelevant speed.

I man Targon isnt really the best place either given its non-euclidian geometry spatial thing
You know what, as fun as that sounds, we'll be going with SBA for now and my next post shall be Herah's strategy and moves.
Also, i think Duedate disagreed with me in the H1A upgrade tier, but i don't see how covering something H1A in size isn't Irrelevant speed.
I really do see where you're coming from on it, it's just that the standard doesn't seem to be about covering High 1-A distances but more about transcending concepts with what was done being more in line with Immeasurable than Irrelevant.

So with all of her abilities at her disposal, Herah is likely to try and analyze what she can from Senna by observing her scent while testing her out with a blast of fire.

Since Herah has the range advantage, her attack is probably going to be the first to launch. So how does Senna handle the fireball?

I really do see where you're coming from on it, it's just that the standard doesn't seem to be about covering High 1-A distances but more about transcending concepts with what was done being more in line with Immeasurable than Irrelevant.
Well, who read that was you, and i support a massive total amount of 0 verses with H1A characters, so i really don't understand much about that in practice, but i think you could easily get an upgrade to irrelevant speed if you provided the quotes where the feats happen and asked someone like Ultima to help.

It does not matter for this battle, anyway, since immeasurable is enough to blitz Senna.

I thought new SBA standards equalized speed automatically? Or did that thread not go through?

I think it didn't go through, but anyway, speed equal now.

Would Herah use OE to not be affected by Senna's powers? Or this and other Presence powers are only a last resource? Well, if she uses any of them i am sure she instantly wins.

I think it didn't go through, but anyway, speed equal now.

Would Herah use OE to not be affected by Senna's powers? Or this and other Presence powers are only a last resource? Well, if she uses any of them i am sure she instantly wins.
So here's the thing that's really big when fighting Herah with Jeffery, Jeffery is capable of and will act on their own to protect Herah, with the single caveat being that Herah can't get past it on her own or believes she can't get past it on her own and that both of them are connected mentally.

All abilities and resistances in the resistance key tied to oE or OE will not be in play until either Jeffery or Herah decides that will be pulled out.

Herah, sadly, hates to call on Jeffery and from what I can tell of Senna will probably not try and call on Jeffery's Presence unless her armor gets broken, she gets hit with the Black Mist and somehow survives, or she finds out she can't take Senna down without assitance from Jeffery (which she can due to her Violet Fire and her gift).

Luckily for her, Jeffery is a lot smarter of a fighter and can and will check out her opponent to see what she can do.

With all of that said, Jeffery's oE and OE will most likely come into play right before Herah gets hit with the Black Mist which will be Jeffery shrouding Herah in their aura to null the mist and its effects. Jeffery will not normally use their oE offensively unless directed by Herah which isn't likely.

Most importantly however is that when using Jeffery, Herah has no issue with just commanding the pencil from afar to either stab them with Jeffery's head or erase her opponent from existence. And I don't think Sianna has any real way to stop Jeffery from erasing her.

The Mist will be getting power nullification in an upcoming revision, as will Senna be getting a resistance to existence erasure

The Mist will be getting power nullification in an upcoming revision, as will Senna be getting a resistance to existence erasure
Jeffery's powernull resistance is not only High 1-A but goes into 9000 range within that territory. And he can erase High 1-A beings without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back