• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle of the Strongest (Satoru Gojo vs Cirno) (0-7-0) (GRACE)

the closest thing we have is Cirno fighting Marisa, Sanae and Utsuho Reiuji aka Okuu in Touhou Hisoutensoku or 11.5
if you wanna scaling even spell card is exist but there 1 case and it is Okuu

According to Akyuu Spell card exist so Human and Youkai can fight instead kill each other like the past
but why okuu is a bit of exception ?
Well. . . She has nuclear dude !!

Other Youkai might hurt you nearly dead
but if you strong enough to go toe to toe with some youkai but doesn't has resistance to radiation you clearly dead man

and More she will blast her nuclear to anyone who dare to step into her area
this clearly show in touhou 11 SA, 11.5 Hisoutensoku and touhou 17.5 Sunken Fossil World or Gouyoku Ibun
where she blast Reimu who step her area and doesn't care Reimu has to pass her area for reach Youma who course that incident

That closest thing for someone who want to kill you in spell card rule and power scaling for Cirno

Are you implying Cirno and all Youkai are radioactive?

Are you implying Cirno and all Youkai are radioactive?

No I mean Okuu power has radiation since her power source is nuclear so her attack include
oh joke aside if all youkais are radioactive Gensokyo will turn into fallout wasteland or the zone like stalker now

if all youkais are radioactive
Youkai function on entirely different existential mechanisms than what a human would. I would dive into more detail on it but it's mostly irrelevant to this thread.

On a side note, the capacity for someone like Okuu to nuke Gensokyou is there. Although it would only really affect the Human Village. Between the madness-inducing eternal moon, the lunar capital invasion, a dragon-eating centipede girl, heaven being shattered, it wouldn't necessarily alter much in context. Gensokyou is a strange place.

Edit: Keine also exists to nope the Human Village out of harm so, there's that too.

Last edited:
Youkai function on entirely different existential mechanisms than what a human would. I would dive into more detail on it but it's mostly irrelevant to this thread.

On a side note, the capacity for someone like Okuu to nuke Gensokyou is there. Although it would only really affect the Human Village. Between the madness-inducing eternal moon, the lunar capital invasion, a dragon-eating centipede girl, heaven being shattered, it wouldn't necessarily alter much in context. Gensokyou is a strange place.

Edit: Keine also exists to nope the Human Village out of harm so, there's that too.
Yeah I forget that somehow 1 thing for sure if that happen Youkai will be death sentence to normal human who get close to them
oh Also 1 more thing @Deidalius I'm interest in Cirno vs JJK characters especially curse spirit

since for Gensokyo standard she not that much of a threat but for JJK she really dangerous
If sukuna ideal is pure strength from the past ideal he might be a bit interest of cirno being the represent of nature
the girl with innocent look yet so dangerous but also has no ideals she just happen to be there like tree and wind
If you not hurt her she'll not punish you
BTW I'm still not recommend Cirno vs Sukuna since both too hard to die

heat res ≠ cold res btw
gojo being resistant to high temps says nothing about his ability to resist being frozen.
i just noticed a couple people were voting based on it so that isn't really valid.

Whoa I just notice this that's true tho wondering is this might effect the vote

Well, when I get the chance, I’ll ungrace this and let y’all argue more about this. We might be seeing an upset

heat res ≠ cold res btw
gojo being resistant to high temps says nothing about his ability to resist being frozen.
i just noticed a couple people were voting based on it so that isn't really valid.
I feel as though you've taken only taken a piece of my argument to call "not enough" on to the greater part of it. In either case; the basis of that part of the argument, and I had even started it off saying this verbatum: "I doubt he'll be affected by extreme temperatures.", with additional context being the feat of Gojo being able to exist in Jogo's domain without being turned to ashes, i.e, extremely high temps in context. The core of the argument was referencing the Jogo domain feat as a basis for resisting extreme temperatures in general. That was the main core-- rather, the intended core-- of my vote's reasoning. I guess it's only fair I elaborate further:

Temperature is the movement of the molecules of matter. If Gojo is able to do this with particles of heat, then the same could just as easily be said with particles of cold. Being able to essentially "filter" out or "deny" (whatever the case) these particles is the core of my vote's reasoning, alongside Infinity as a whole. I'm not trying to contradict what Gojo can do, nor am I eliciting a CRT of sorts. It's essentially an analysis between how two characters' abilities interact out-of-verse (remember this). Another core of the argument is that Cirno's attacks are all Ice/Cold projectiles, and when they're not, they're touch-based.

Yes, we have not seen Gojo resist an instance of being frozen, but being able to maintain his body temperature requires being able to control the intake of cold particles in some fashion-- since he can clearly say "no" to hot ones and maintain a stable temperature within Infinity.

Now back to Cirno: a majority of Cirno's attacks are projectile and contact-based. They cannot spawn shards of ice directly on an opponent as far as I'm aware, like how TK smashes Gojo silly. Maybe you've found something I've overlooked. In which case, how will Cirno's Cold Manipulation reach Gojo? Also, we already know that her Absolute Zero is only applicable to 1 Spell card in her arsenal, which doesn't even "spawn on" Gojo at all. I've covered that above if her profile didn't already.

Anyways, I hope these points "legitimize" my vote in some sense of the word. If Cirno somehow bypasses Infinity via cold temperatures then this is indeed a Stomp, because her Ice Manip isn't doing anything from what I've gathered. If you're suggesting that extremely low temperatures bypass Infinity, that burden of proof is on you. This match is dubious as is and I'm not gonna pretend to press whether or not cold manip bypasses it, given what Gojo has been shown to be capable of doing already and my reasons above. Cold/Ice manip bypassing Infinity would be a first for me to hear!

If this wasn't enough, another core of my vote was also that Cirno has no out to Unlimited Void, which is Gojo's only method of """winning""" via Incap here. And as I had stated in my vote post, it's far less questionable of a wincondition for Gojo. She's going to be turned into a baka for real this time, guys.

Either way, I stand by my vote for now.

Last edited:
I feel as though you've taken only taken a piece of my argument to call "not enough" on to the greater part of it. In either case; the basis of that part of the argument, and I had even started it off saying this verbatum: "I doubt he'll be affected by extreme temperatures.", with additional context being the feat of Gojo being able to exist in Jogo's domain without being turned to ashes, i.e, extremely high temps in context. The core of the argument was referencing the Jogo domain feat as a basis for resisting extreme temperatures in general. That was the main core-- rather, the intended core-- of my vote's reasoning. I guess it's only fair I elaborate further:

Temperature is the movement of the molecules of matter. If Gojo is able to do this with particles of heat, then the same could just as easily be said with particles of cold. Being able to essentially "filter" out or "deny" (whatever the case) these particles is the core of my vote's reasoning, alongside Infinity as a whole. I'm not trying to contradict what Gojo can do, nor am I eliciting a CRT of sorts. It's essentially an analysis between how two characters' abilities interact out-of-verse (remember this). Another core of the argument is that Cirno's attacks are all Ice/Cold projectiles, and when they're not, they're touch-based.

Yes, we have not seen Gojo resist an instance of being frozen, but being able to maintain his body temperature requires being able to control the intake of cold particles in some fashion-- since he can clearly say "no" to hot ones and maintain a stable temperature within Infinity.
at the moment, on Gojo's profile (which is what we have to go off even if it is wrong), he has a flat-out resistance to extreme heat - nothing there says he used infinity to manipulate the thermal energy of incoming particles to ward off the heat of Jogo's domain. (logically if that's the case then yuji should have it too, but alas)

i have nothing to say about the other wincons you brought up because i didn't mention them at all.

at the moment, on Gojo's profile (which is what we have to go off even if it is wrong), he has a flat-out resistance to extreme heat - nothing there says he used infinity to manipulate the thermal energy of incoming particles to ward off the heat of Jogo's domain.
I'm confused now. Are you suggesting Cirno's attacks can reach Gojo or are you contesting that Gojo has no resistance to cold/ice manip? Which is it and why? I don't know what the purpose of this comment is beyond trying to downplay my vote. You didn't really address anything in my response beyond "Gojo's profile says no" so ??? what am I supposed to say to you

i have nothing to say about the other wincons you brought up because i didn't mention them at all.
True!

Would it kill you to take 5 minutes to perform a google search?
(I would have tried to put it in a nicer way but I share your sentiment lol)
No I mean Okuu power has radiation since her power source is nuclear so her attack include
oh joke aside if all youkais are radioactive Gensokyo will turn into fallout wasteland or the zone like stalker now
I am pretty sure the spellcard rules would prevent Cirno from dying to radiation. I am not sure about how much radiation Okuu used against Cirno.
Also, I would still go to Gensokyo even if it was terribly radioactive.
heat res ≠ cold res btw
Aye, that's fair. I am unsure if that would change much of the outcome though. Coldness vectors would first have to reach Gojo but I doubt they would.
Yeah I forget that somehow 1 thing for sure if that happen Youkai will be death sentence to normal human who get close to them
oh Also 1 more thing @Deidalius I'm interest in Cirno vs JJK characters especially curse spirit

since for Gensokyo standard she not that much of a threat but for JJK she really dangerous
If sukuna ideal is pure strength from the past ideal he might be a bit interest of cirno being the represent of nature
the girl with innocent look yet so dangerous but also has no ideals she just happen to be there like tree and wind
If you not hurt her she'll not punish you
BTW I'm still not recommend Cirno vs Sukuna since both too hard to die

Whoa I just notice this that's true tho wondering is this might effect the vote
Yeah, JJK vs Touhou low tiers might be fun to see. Though I don't know if JJK has characters as haxed as Gojo. Usually, Sukina for example, gets whooped by AP/speed differences.
This is me realizing all too late this shouldve gone on Fun and Games
I don't think so, the matchup seems debatable as it is.

The whole think with JJK vs Touhou low tiers sounds nice, though, Touhou isnt very well know for its low tiers when it comes to vs debating. To be frank, im sure Gojo COULD beat some of the other low tiers as well

But realistically, thats where he starts and stops. Relegated to the fodder corner

I'm confused now. Are you suggesting Cirno's attacks can reach Gojo or are you contesting that Gojo has no resistance to cold/ice manip?
latter. i said nothing about cirno's attacks at all.

you made it out that gojo is using infinity to stop transfer of heat to him:
[...] but being able to maintain his body temperature requires being able to control the intake of cold particles in some fashion-- since he can clearly say "no" to hot ones and maintain a stable temperature within Infinity. [...]
and i said that this is not how it's treated on his profile [at the moment] - he has a resistance to hot temperatures himself, rather than it being an application of infinity to keep hot temps away

a resistance to hot temperatures does not explicitly imply a resistance to cold ones, so his resistance wouldn't cover cold temps.

whether cirno can hit him i did not mention at all.

I don't know what I was thinking. I forgot the girl who closed her third eye has no mind to be overwhelmed by Unlimited void. I feel like such a fake fan for forgetting the most basic fact about Koishi. Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am the fraudulent one.

I got here late, but Cirno and her attacks resist space-time manipulation, her attacks would resist Gojo's infinite space and therefore be able to hit him.

I don't think spacetime manipulation resistance is enough to bypass infinity since the abilities work differently.

Spacetime manipulation resistance works on yourself and your attacks, meanwhile Gojo expands space between him and his opponents and their attacks, not directly affecting them therefore Cirno doesn't bypass infinity through those methods.

Would unequalizing speed do anything, if i un-graced this MU? Well, besides Gojo getting blitzed

Would unequalizing speed do anything, if i un-graced this MU? Well, besides Gojo getting blitzed
With unequalized speed Cirno has infinite time to kill Gojo and she will because she can. It would also mean that she bypasses infinity with every attack she has.

Back