• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Horde/David Dunn upgrades

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So since Glass is now out, I feel both are due for an upgrade.

• The Beast could flip a car on its side and throw people dozens of feet. Dunn could bend steel bars and overpower 4 fully armored Riot Guards at the same time. Finally both were stated a few times to be equal too one another
  • It was implied multiple times that rifle calbier rounds couldn't stop either the Beast or Dunn
  • David could fling a metal secruity door off its hindges after multiple ramming attempts, cause notable dent in the sides of cars with his punches, and rammed the Beast into a van hard enough to notable move it.
So I say a Lifting Strength upgrade is in order (either peak human or Class 1). Their AP is fine at wall level, but it probably needs to be expanded upon. Dunn might also qualify for a speed upgrade as well, but I don't know fully if he should.

Are the above suggestions fine to use?

If they are both equal they should be Wall level, likely higher as Dunn surviving a train collision unscathed likely places him decently far into 9-B.

The changes look great to me; I haven't watched Glass yet.

Both seem more durable than they are strong. Maybe it's just personal interpretation but neither really harmed the other at all until the weaknesses were thrown in.

So maybe something like "Wall level, likely higher (Withstood dozens of hits from David without any notable injuries)" for the Horde?

Just as a minor example at one point both were attempting to choke the other and despite something like a minute+ of constant pressure with punches thrown in neither were really harmed or worse for wear. So I definitely think they're both more notably more durable than they are strong.

Yeah, David and The Horde always struck me as stone walls in terms of durability.

Oh right I did add a weakness to the Horde. In the movie bright lights in a otherwise dark/dim enviromemt can cause a forcible personaility shift. So when its night or in a dimly lit room bright lights can shift personailites, but if he's outside in daylight it won't effect him.

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, David and The Horde always struck me as stone walls in terms of durability.
I have to disagree with this

A Stone Wall is when a character's durability far exceeds his AP (Like Robin Rotten), but this 2 are like most characters able to take repeated hits from foes equal to them. Therefore, I think the Stone Wall should be removed from their categories and their durabilities should just be Wall level (like, all their feats also lay in that tier... Barely)

I just remembered back in Split, Kevin busted a door open while it was being pushed and held shut by two of the girls. Would that be an upgrade to his base?

Back