• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Love This Show But This Ain't It | Stranger Things Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently watched Stranger Things and got all caught up (amazing show btw, can't wait for Season 5). However, I noticed a lot of issues with some of the profiles, namely the humans. Let's start off.

No human scales to the Demogorgons or Vecna

I see a lot of characters get 9-B ratings off of scaling to harming these 2. But I feel like a lot of people are missing the context of what's happening in these scenes. Let's start with Jim Hopper.
Currently he is listed as being physically 9-B for the following reason, (Fought and killed a fully matured Demogorgon). This is wrong for many reasons. One, the justification assumes he did this physically, which he didn't. He did it with a sword. Physically, he was overpowered and almost killed by a Demodog which are weaker than Demogorgon, and had to be saved by Joyce. I propose replacing his 9-B with 9-C+ scaling to Grigori who scales to this feat.

Another thing of note is that Hopper wouldn't scale to the Demogorgon even with the sword. This sword was one of many weapons that prisoners had to use against the Demogorgon, which the Russians knew well wouldn't be able to put a dent on the creature, we also know this since they were only concerned once Hopper used a spear covered in fire. If anything, without fire which is the Demogorgon's weakness, he couldn't do anything against it. It is only after the Demogorgon got torched that it was weakened enough for Jim to harm and kill it. We've seen that fire can outright instantly kill multiple Demodogs, so there's no reason to assume it wouldn't get weakened. Compare the clips I have shared, before getting torched the Demogorgon could blitz multiple prisoners before they could attack, and after getting torched has little to no mobility and can't even tag Hopper, allowing Hopper to easily evade its attacks. So Hopper in no way scales to the Demogorgon and should instead scale to Grigori's AP. However, Jim with heavy caliber weapons can scale to 9-B as its shown to kill multiple Demodogs in a single shot. So this should be added.

Moving on, we have Steve Harrington who scales to 9-B using a bat as it was able to (Harm a Demogorgon), that is not what happened. The justification uses the clip but fails to see that Steve isn't actually harming it, he evades most of the attacks and only lands 2-3 hits which stagger it and gets it caught up in the trap. And no, he didn't kill any Demodogs either as the profile suggests. He simply knocks one of them back. The only reason he has the bat with him is because Dustin doesn't think that Dart has fully grown yet and can still be killed. Steven should just get higher with the bat.

Lastly, we got Nancy Wheeler who scales to 9-B with her firearms (Her firearms are capable of harming The Demogorgon and Post-Upside Down Vecna), first of all, her guns don't do anything to the Demogorgon, its legit unfazed and tanks. Which is no surprise since not even multiple ARs could harm it. And remember when I brought up fire, yeah Vecna had two Molotov Cocktails thrown at him which heavily weakened him. He also felt the pain of multiple Demodogs being set on fire. In the end, Nancy is able to harm Vecna the same way Jim was able to harm the Demogorgon. So she would just be 9-C with firearms

Bonus

I know this was meant to be a downgrade, but I think there might be an upgrade for Vecna's durability that we missed.

Vecna survived a portal literally being created on him, which was accepted as 8-C+. And we know Eleven had no idea that Vecna was transported to the Upside Down and not killed. As far as she knows, the portal was created as an after affect of using her finishing move on Vecna. We know this would scale since Jason was ripped apart at having the portal open on him, but not Vecna. And since we established that Nancy doesn't scale to him, this wouldn't scale to anyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back