• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Because putting them against popular characters is the only way to get people commenting on the less common characters

Hybrid VS Skeleto

Battle takes place in Judgment Hall

Both bloodlusted

Speed Equalised

Battle start

Spartial, Soul, Gravity Manipulation, KARMA and be able to lock his opponet in a place so neither of them will be able to do anything is not valid enough?

Now that you've specified the types of hax, that is better. But you can't say "wins with hax". It isn't a good reason

Although its debatable whether or not the grotesquery has a soul considering it's a corpse made of the body parts of a bunch of other things.

Sans: 1

Grotesquery: 0

Sans defeated Base Flowey multiples times and Flowey killed everyone which includes Asgore "<

also if souls aren't mentioned, it is still asumed they exist.

Flowey actually needed Frisk to weaken Asgore to kill him, otherwise he couldn't have done it himself.

Souls as a whole might exist, and in fact we know they do in the SP verse. But the grotesquery is an undead creature made by inserting the organs and limbs of various other creatures into it and then reanimated through necromany. Again, it is highly debatable whether such a creature has a soul seeing as any soul of its component parts is already gone because those parts are dead

Buu was an already existing living creature so it makes sense he would have a soul. The Grotesquery is made of dead parts, that have already lost their souls due to dying, and is only reanimated by necromancy, so it having a soul of its own is unlikely.

Seems like it would be better if you asked for someone to vote here besides me

and still even monster like this are small town buster which Flowey should have killed for it to be considered a "genocide"

The Grotesquery is make of parts of Faceless ones(Destroyed realms and mass murdered the human race) and other evil creatures. Sans's KR will work really good on it. With KR, Sans stomps.

But if the Grotesquery doesn't have a soul, KR wouldn't work, but Sans still might have a chance, and this is what I hope to discuss.

If the grotesquery has a soul, sans oneshots. But I don't think it has a soul, which lets the other abilities they have come into play.

Lemme take my book out.

I suppose Cleavers could be counted as Peak Human. The Grotesquery fought a swarm of them, casually crushing them by holding them in his hands. Killed one with acid. Stronger than Mr Bliss, the strongest man at peak performance. The stinger is deadly, too. But dealing enough constant damage will slower it's regenaration, eventually killing it.

Sans is fragile, damage is not as powerful without KR, but is more versatile. Long range attacks is not what the Grotesquery good at, since his ranged attacks are the stinger and the acid, both which doesn't travel very far. The Grotesquery relies mainly on melee.

Grote's sound manipulation might have some effects, but is unknown if it works on Sans since skeletons don't have ears. The shockwave of darkness might give him more options to attack Sans.

The fight will go like this:

Sans stays at distances. No soul manipulation (which means no gravity slams). The Grotesquery uses his ranged attacks. Sans dodge and continue to chip away Grote's health. The key is that if Sans can deal enough damage to kill Grote before he tires out.

The Grotesquery does have its own teleportation, which is likely hundreds of kilometres in range seeing as it uses parts of the Shibbach. Just pointing that out.

But the stamina bit was my main thought too. Can Sans deal enough damage to slow the grotesquery's Regenerationn enough to kill it before he himself becomes too exhausted to move?

The telepotation helps the Grotesquery to dodge, but not enough to hit Sans himself. Sans is much too fast for him.

I wonder if it's the base Grotesquery or Grotesquery at a lunar eclipse? Grote gets stronger in general but opening interversal portals isn't effective in battle unless summoning the Faceless ones, which then turns the thread into "Faceless Ones and Grotesquery vs Sans".

Oh I forgot. Speed needs to be equalised otherwise sans blitzes.

Also, the difference in power between normal power and during the lunar eclipse isn't really noticeable, with the only difference being the portal opening. But I'll ban that, seeing as summoning faceless ones is a bit overkill.

Let's do some calculations:

Assuming LV1 Frisk is an peak human in durability(survived the fall to the underground without visible injuries), an peak human have 20 hit points. Sans deal 1 damage per frame, ignoring invincbility frames. Undertale runs at 24 frames per second, according to here .

The total amount of damage Sans can deal before tiring out is 6619, without soul manipulation and Karma. The calculations are here.

I can't seem to find my copy of PWF, so I can't do Grotesquery's durability.

Sans roughly have the power to dish out 331 peak humans'worth of damage. I doubt there are even 100 cleavers there. Resistance to magic makes Valk and Skul near useless. 1 point for Skul for his gun. Taith can make up to 10 Cleavers. Bliss can probably make up to 50. Spider guy there might be 100. At most, Grote endured around 261. I'll give the fight to Sans.

@Ambus - what? Not sure where you got all those numbers from. Also, cleavers are superior to base Skulduggery and Valkyrie, so no way are they all just peak human. Plus its stated in the first book that they are magically enhanced.

@Anonimoe Because it extremely casually fought, tanked the attacks of, and one-shot multiple "at least 9-B"s at once, one of who is vastly stronger than the others and had his punch casually tanked and was then punched back several dozen metres straight through a solid concrete wall (although he did survive, albeit he was injured)

sans has no way to get past Grotesquery's low-high regen , meanly because sans's soul attacks are useless agaist a souless being

@Anonomie you have a point. When I made the page I assumed the Grotesquery's feats were enough to move him from wall level up to room level. Perhaps they are not.

No way to be sure seeing as we can't do any calcs. Best to just leave it as "at least wall level".

Overlord775 said:
sans has no way to get past Grotesquery's low-high regen , meanly because sans's soul attacks are useless agaist a souless being
Did you read the Grotesquery's weaknesses? If its heart is destroyed it will die, and seeing as Sans is 9-B just like the Grotesquery, that isn't exactly impossible.

@Monarch Lacial It's just an estimate. Also, Taith can put down mutiple cleavers herself and I don't see any reason Taith is more powerful than Skulduggery, unless your talking about it physically.

Back