• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wouldn't Spot absorb everything since he is on his final key though?

Or did we change Spot key?

I'm out of the loop and i don't think i want to read 2 pages, Can anyone give me a summary?
Idk I think the op is planning to change the key for the spot

and considering miles by himself has better reactions than sans' and the fact that the spot was also dealing with 3 other spider people who are relative to miles, the spot just tags him
All those spider people were also pretty inexperienced so still not super impressive

All those spider people were also pretty inexperienced so still not super impressive
I already explained why that doesnt really matter. Again, miles literally outpaced hundreds of spider people ALL of which were more experienced than him, and gwen was one of the only spider people who tagged miles, and didnt catch him because she hesitated. They're better at using their powers than people with just as good senses and far more experience.

I already explained why that doesnt really matter. Again, miles literally outpaced hundreds of spider people ALL of which were more experienced than him, and gwen was one of the only spider people who tagged miles, and didnt catch him because she hesitated. They're better at using their powers than people with just as good senses and far more experience.
Just changed it to the second version anyway and removed prior knowledge this seems more fair i suppose

Just changed it to the second version anyway and removed prior knowledge this seems more fair i suppose
I still think its a stomp, best course of action is to just make a new match. The only difference between the 3rd and 2nd version of the spot is that hes not completely immune to physical attacks, but TK was already on the table which bypasses that and it was still a stomp.

Sans advantages;

1 - More skilled

2 - Better Hax

3 - High tier Danmaku

4 - Higher reaction speed, Teleport and instinctive action

5 - Kills very fast

Spot advantages;

1 - More versatile

2 - BFR

3 - Better fighter overall

4 - More stamina

Am i wrong about anything?

I still think its a stomp, best course of action is to just make a new match. The only difference between the 3rd and 2nd version of the spot is that hes not completely immune to physical attacks, but TK was already on the table which bypasses that and it was still a stomp.
I thought it was a stomp in the spots favour? anyways the tk was considerably weaker than sans' other attacks anyways so it wouldve still taken awhile to kill the spot even with his dura negation. And anyway in this form hes still skilled and agile enough to overwhelm sans and without his prior knowledge he's not gonna use his gravity manip to slow him down. Also sans' physical attacks are subject to getting redirected. So i disagree i don't think this is a stomp at all

I thought it was a stomp in the spots favour? anyways the tk was considerably weaker than sans' other attacks anyways so it wouldve still taken awhile to kill the spot even with his dura negation. And anyway in this form hes still skilled and agile enough to overwhelm sans and without his prior knowledge he's not gonna use his gravity manip to slow him down. Also sans' physical attacks are subject to getting redirected. So i disagree i don't think this is a stomp at all
Yes it is a stomp in the spots favor, and changing it to the 2nd key would still be a stomp in the spot's favor.

Yes it is a stomp in the spots favor, and changing it to the 2nd key would still be a stomp in the spot's favor.
How is it at all a stomp in the spots favor. Now sans can use all his abilities and actually reliably hit him which would be able to oneshot the spot

Well, from what i have read so far, It seems Spot has the advantage here

But changing to his first key makes it a stomp for Sans

As of now, In my opinion i think it's best to close this since i don't see Sans winning anymore based on what razor is saying

How is it at all a stomp in the spots favor. Now sans can use all his abilities and actually reliably hit him which would be able to oneshot the spot
Its been discussed before but to summarize, the spot being immune to physical attacks wasnt the only reason sans' danmaku get bypassed. He just teleports beside sans and one shots him, if sans dodged just BFR's him. And since he has no prior knowledge he'd get caught off guard.

I think it's because Spot is and will spamming his portals and redirect the attacks

I also think his agressiveness atleast from his fight against all of Spider Mans will make it even more hard for Sans to do anything here

Well, from what i have read so far, It seems Spot has the advantage here

But changing to his first key makes it a stomp for Sans

As of now, In my opinion i think it's best to close this since i don't see Sans winning anymore based on what razor is saying
Sans has such high danmaku its crazy to think that with him just spamming bones and gaster blasters as he does in character he wouldn't hit the spot atleast once which would be more than enough to mortally wound him if not outright kill him. Not to mention his gravity manip which i just realized he does actually use at the beginning of the fight which would slow him down.

Its been discussed before but to summarize, the spot being immune to physical attacks wasnt the only reason sans' danmaku get bypassed. He just teleports beside sans and one shots him, if sans dodged just BFR's him. And since he has no prior knowledge he'd get caught off guard.
His instinctive reaction protects him from that. Also the spot has never used bfr before so i don't think thats a viable wincon

Sans has such high danmaku its crazy to think that with him just spamming bones and gaster blasters as he does in character he wouldn't hit the spot atleast once which would be more than enough to mortally wound him if not outright kill him. Not to mention his gravity manip which i just realized he does actually use at the beginning of the fight which would slow him down.
His danmaku will literally be his downfall, and how is the spot getting hit when one second hes there the next hes besides sans, unless sans' danmakus himself?
His instinctive reaction protects him from that. Also the spot has never used bfr before so i don't think thats a viable wincon
I've explained 50 times why sans' instinctive reaction doesn't mean hes dodging the spot, cmon man.

I get what you mean but the tricky part here is that Spot can just teleport to somewhere far like the hallway before you enter the judgement hall
He still has a physical body so he could still be hit especially when sans summons 50 gaster blasters
If he sees that he can't redirect everything he will do what i said above and might just be capable of trickshotting Sans and TP one of his blasters right below/behind him

His danmaku will literally be his downfall, and how is the spot getting hit when one second hes there the next hes besides sans, unless sans' danmakus himself?
I've explained 50 times why sans' instinctive reaction doesn't mean hes dodging the spot, cmon man.
Sans is able to teleport the player away from the games combat box thing even while hes half asleep so theres no reason to think he shouldnt be able to do the same thing the spot.

As for the other thing i genuenly don't get how his instinctive reaction wouldn't help him dodge the spot when thats literally the whole point of his ability especially since he slows the spot down drastically via gravity manip.
If he sees that he can't redirect everything he will do what i said above and might just be capable of trickshotting Sans and TP one of his blasters right below/behind him
Fair enough and that might be a wincon. But i still feel like sans would be able to just see a portal appear next to him and just move out of the way or just see the portal and stop his gaster blasters from firing.

As for the other thing i genuenly don't get how his instinctive reaction wouldn't help him dodge the spot when thats literally the whole point of his ability especially since he slows the spot down drastically via gravity manip.
Because the spot was able to completely overwhelm 4 people with relative speed to him and have better senses than sans' instinctive reactions.... please dont make me repeat this again

Because the spot was able to completely overwhelm 4 people with relative speed to him and have better senses than sans' instinctive reactions.... please dont make me repeat this again
Yeah thats cool and all but it doesn't completely negate its usefulness especially since as ive said he can slow down and decrease the spots agility

Yeah thats cool and all but it doesn't completely negate its usefulness especially since as ive said he can slow down and decrease the spots agility
Actually it does, if the spot can overwhelm 4 people each having better senses than sans' what makes you think that the spot couldnt possibly land a hit on someone with inferior senses and doesnt have the numbers advantage? He doesnt even need to completely overwhelm sans' like with miles he literally needs ONE hit. For one sans' starts with danmaku like you said so the spot will just instantly TP. And if sans reduces the spot's speed enough then now he stomps. See how this works?

Actually it does, if the spot can overwhelm 4 people each having better senses than sans' what makes you think that the spot couldnt possibly land a hit on someone with inferior senses and doesnt have the numbers advantage? He doesnt even need to completely overwhelm sans' like with miles he literally needs ONE hit. For one sans' starts with danmaku like you said so the spot will just instantly TP. And if sans reduces the spot's speed enough then now he stomps. See how this works?
Then it isn’t a stomp. If both characters have the capability to win via a oneshot it isn’t a stomp

Then it isn’t a stomp. If both characters have the capability to win via a oneshot it isn’t a stomp
Both characters need to have plausible wincons that are actually reliable and have a decent chance of happening. Sans' hitting the spot even with teleportation because "yes" isnt a viable wincon. And the spot wins 99% of the time. Though the stomp rules are vague. If you think this isnt a stomp put me up for the spot but I still think it is one.

Both characters need to have plausible wincons that are actually reliable and have a decent chance of happening. Sans' hitting the spot even with teleportation because "yes" isnt a viable wincon. And the spot wins 99% of the time. Though the stomp rules are vague. If you think this isnt a stomp put me up for the spot but I still think it is one.
Will do

but I think it isn’t a stomp because of sans slowing the spot down which can’t be redirected by portals and it’s something that sans in character will use at the very beginning of the fight

Back