• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos - Heart of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Thanos page, should it be updated with the Heart of the Universe Object that Thanos once possesed, like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube. If so, I think the Tier would be higher than 2-C, as it is more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet, and would probably be 2-B, as he absorbed the entire Marvel Multiverse, and probably around 1-B as he absorbed the Living Tribunal himself.

I agree, the Thanos page should definitely be updated with the HOTU. As for the Tier, he is easily 1-B or possibly even 1-A since not only did he absorb the LT, but also all of Marvel's abstracts and the entire Marvel Multiverse. Quite effortlessly too, if I might add. I think he's at around Pre-Retcon Beyonder or the GEB's power level, after all, it was stated that the HOTU was the power of TOAA himself.

The HOTU story is explicitly not a part of continuity according to Tom Brevoort.

In addition, we only saw it absorb a single universe within the story in question, so the Living Tribunal did not appear to be displayed at full power, any more than when he was killed by the Beyonders, or Lord Chaos and Master Order.

As for TOAA, just because Thanos followed the entity's design, does not mean that he possessed anywhere near its full degree of power.

The mention of the HOTU being out-of-continuity was removed from Thanos' page, supposedly due to TOAA referencing it.

Well, I do not remember the OAA mentioning the incident when the entity later met Thanos in person, but even if the Heart would be in continuity, it would be extremely hard to scale.

The HOTU is part of continuity. The HOTU is mentioned BEFORE and after the Marvel: The End, and it was used as a plot-point in a recent Thanos storyline, and mentioned by TOAA in The Infinity Finale.

It was? I do not remember that part.

Okay then. We still have the problem of appropriately rating it though. Should we simply give it a "Possibly 1-B" by scaling from the Living Tribunal?

Eternity is an Abstract Entity with Tier 2-B, and Thanos absorbed, which is like creating or destroying, multiple abstract entities.

HOTU Captain Marvel (2002)
First mentioned in a 2002 Captain Marvel storyline.

Then Marvel: The End happened.

HOTU Thanos (2003)
Mentioned again in the 2003 Thanos miniseries, which actually only happens in storyline due to Marvel: The End's events.

HOTU Infinity Revelation 1
HOTU Infinity Revelation 2
HOTU Infinity Revelation 3
It was recapped in full during the Infinity Revelation storyline.

HOTU Infinity Finae
And it was referenced by TOAA.

And in the Infinity Revelation, due to the happenings of the plot, both a version of Adam Warlock and a version of Thanos end up obtaining the Heart of the Universe (The former), and a comparable power source (The later)

GawdWarlock
GawdThanos
Conflict happens, the universe gets remade in their image. The real Thanos and Adam have to revert things back to normal.

In the new universe, Infinity states that the situation is beyond The Living Tribunal's control:

HOTU Infinity Revelation 4
And in the end, after the universe returned to normal, and as a result the universes merged, The Living Tribunal states that the events that happened were beyond him:

Beyond TLT
So yes, I think the Heart of the Universe is 1-B

Well, I disagree about the Captain Marvel and Infinity Revelation references, but agree about the others. A 1-B rating, by scaling from the Tribunal, seems in order then.

Well, Marvel: The End has Thanos describe himself as being "One with Omni-Reality", and Infinity Finale was written by the same author. But I agree with 1-B.

Do you wish to write a HOTU weapon profile, and reference it within the Thanos page?

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's a power source rather than a weapon. I think a key in Thanos' profile would be better.
Agreed, like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube are both on Thanos' page.

Well, we tend to classify power sources with the weapons (rather than characters) category, for convenience's sake.

If you only wish to make it a key in Thanos' page, feel free to do so though.

I am personally not sure if it was the M-Bodies or not, but this is an old thread, so I will close it. You can start a new one if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back