• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 1

Okay, this actually ain't too bad. Curious as to what this dude starts with though.

I'm wondering what's stopping Elodie from incinerating him though.

Would Bolt Crank be able to eat the fire manip?

I mean...it'd Be pretty instant. People just sort of catch on fire the moment that Elodie waves her hand. Lemme see if I can find the exact moment in game

Inb4 he eats the flames like Natsu.

It's funny how I made this bracket for Isis Philae, but then decided not to use her and opted for her sister. I was rereading her book and saw that her poison kills in seconds, lol.

That should work then. How potent is it against characters with similar durability?

Yes, he can eat fire, although, if the AoE has a considerable size I doubt it will eat all. In any case, he could protect himself with scrap until get a close range, or bombarding her with bunch of scrap until get into close range.

Found the scene

So she's only used it on basic peasants and one armed noble but as a whole, her magic is able to harm those of the same level with the same magical shields and just similar power as her.

Antoniofer said:
Yes, he can eat fire, although, if the AoE has a considerable size I doubt it will eat all. In any case, he could protect himself with scrap until get a close range, or bombarding her with bunch of scrap until get into close range.
Is the bombarding really noticeable? She could probably just set up her magic shields or just destroy them before they make it to her.

Is not a way to kill of him, is more of a distraction to close (he is a pseudo-mercenary with immesurable age, he is pretty clever and tactical).

Jackythejack said:
Found the scene

So she's only used it on basic peasants and one armed noble but as a whole, her magic is able to harm those of the same level with the same magical shields and just similar power as her.
She could harm those on the same level, but it's hard to tell to what extent. If they'd fall over and die within seconds, or if they'd be in pain but able to keep fighting for a few minutes.

If he tries to get in close he's still going to have just as tough of a time. She can create illusions to distract him or just blind him with a flash of light. She's still a skilled swordsman as well so she wouldn't be defenseless up close in the slightest.

Not sure how Illusions works, but Bolt is considerable resistent to mind manipulation, and he can ate the sword (he tends to eat opponents weapons), by experience and weaponry he has advantage in melee combat.

It depends on how the illusions work. If the illusions affect the space as opposed to his mind, resistance to mind manip wouldn't help.

Can he eat magic swords made out of light? Because that's what her sword is made out of. She's still won a tournament totally on her own and can defeat nobles with military experience, and in magic battles she's no slouch. She could defeat someone who's fought various amounts of lumen and ultimately kill him.

If I got the right link, this is how her illusions work.

Also if push comes to shove she can still assert her will over him and make him break into panic she can do it across whole armies. ...or just completely blow him up. Her versatility is amazing

Welp, illusions cheat the sense so they affect the sense, that are some how related to the brain/mind; wouldn't call holographic projection as Illusion Manipulation, but I guess is unrelated to his mind and can still work... That's it, he can eat them as they're light.

Litentric Teon said:
It depends on how the illusions work. If the illusions affect the space as opposed to his mind, resistance to mind manip wouldn't help.
Her illusions work by shaping light. It's not a mind trick.

@Antonio

Ah, I think I'm starting to understand this character.

AoE seems best to fight this character since their mouth can only physically eat so much.

@Jacky

"Assert her will?" I'm guessing that's an ooc/last resort kind of thing?

Antoniofer said:
Welp, illusions cheat the sense so they affect the sense, that are some how related to the brain/mind; wouldn't call holographic projection as Illusion Manipulation, but I guess is unrelated to his mind and can still work... That's it, he can eat them as they're light.
Can he stop himself from being exploded continuously, set on fire instantly, blinded by light, or just various other ways he could be dead?

Also by assert her will I just mean make him start to panic. She's done it against an invading army before, alongside explosive spells

Yes, he can eat magic and light, he eat the concept of light and created magic; he can ate a motorbike in one bite, so if the object is not big, he can quickly eat it.

Okay but my main question is how he's going to deal with being immediately set on fire while also being blinded or burnt by an explosion of light. He can't eat all of it in one go if it's surrounding him, can he? Besides the fire is still an issue considering that she can consistently and casually do that.

This guy is like the Dragon Slayer Mashima was afraid to make.

Speed is equalized here, so I'm not sure how fast his eating would be in this case.

Seeing these two makes me feel like Isis isn't that bad.

Also I actually want to ask. How would he know the illusions she makes are made of light so he has to eat them? He wouldn't know that. Her illusions have tricked even one of the most powerful lumen in the nearby kingdoms

Litentric Teon said:
This guy is like the Dragon Slayer Mashima was afraid to make.
Speed is equalized here, so I'm not sure how fast his eating would be in this case.

Seeing these two makes me feel like Isis isn't that bad.
I'm very confused what you mean by that

Mmm, set in flames eh, welp, as I said he can project shields made of scrap within him, unless Licentric made a restriction about how much he got inside, he could have an entire planetary ring within him (of course, he isn't allowed to used AP above 9-A, but he isn't running up of scrap any time soon). Also, the battlefield could help to save from the flames (is the pic in OP, right?).

Instantly setting people on fire (+illusions) vs. Poison that kills in seconds

Isis seems fair by comparison, lol.

@Antoniofer

The location is a forest clearing. The picture in the OP is just the picture I'll use for the tournament.

A planetary ring? Jeez, that's one heck of a stomach.

Litentric Teon said:
Instantly setting people on fire (+illusions) vs. Poison that kills in seconds

Isis seems fair by comparison, lol.
...And in other rounds you've got haxless dinosaurs versus a girl that can extend her finger.

@Agnaa

Well, we have the bolded rule. So we'll see how things turn out. At the very least these two are basically baseline.

I sort of assumed the picture was just there 'cause it looked nice. Either way the water wouldn't be able to save him from a ball of light suddenly exploding around him, or several light attacks coming at him from many different angles. The water could only help with so much. She could probably break through the armor he has fairly easily given her magic spells can cut through some pretty good material.

All the same I'm still wondering why she can't use her illusions to make him put his guard down or otherwise before coming up from behind and shopping his head off. It's literally what she did to the enemy Lumen trying to kill her. She's had experience fighting people much more skilled and much more powerful than her. A lot of the ways that this dude acts could probably correlate to certain types of magic. She's a master strategist. She wouldn't be caught dead without a plan to eliminate him shortly after the fight commences.

To be fair, poison couldn't have been that effective against non-biological beings, and could be less effextive against giants ones... And I don't say that cuz Bolt is immune to that btw.

@Antonio

That's fair. I may switch her back in in that case. I was just trying to be extra careful of stomps. Actually, I'll likely keep the sister in. She's more fair anyway, zero chances of potential stomps whereas Isis can hard counter some others and I'd like to avoid that.

Unfortunately I may have to go to the big sleep soon sooooo I'll try to respond to as much as I can. Still would love an answer to that illusion stuff

If the illusions are only projections then I'll doubt Bolt would fall for something like that, he is the one that spot people hiding, and shot without possibly see the target.

As for the fire, he can still defend, unless the Pyrokinesis can vaporize/melt scrap/rock instantly, and I think he can do fireproof stuff, let me see.

But the illusions can still fool someone with years of experience and immense power over Elodie. She was able to fool someone with her exact powerset and experience, though arguably greater. This includes already detecting when a spell is cast and being able to detect magic. She could fool people she has no right to fooling.

At the very least it serves as a distraction for him to put down his guard. And I still really don't know what stops her from just abusing him with explosion after explosion. If he's going to turtle shell it's going to be a real problem. He's only going to go comepltely blind, likely after the first explosion since it'd be by surprise.

"Years of experience" is short for Bolt, as he predate time; even if it work on him he could quickly identify how the illusions works; and if any, welp, he can bombard the surround thing with dozens of missiles. And yes, fireproof umbrella.

The fireproof umbrella means absolutely nothing to be honest. Her incineration spell doesn't work on a beam or anything like that. She waves her hand and suddenly the person is on fire. He wouldn't have anything to deflect with his umbrella in the first place.

Would enough scrap even be around for him to do that? She can likely hit them with attacks of her own anyhow, but even then there's still the good ol' induce panic in him and make him stop doing all that. Nothing suggests he resists mind/empathic manipulation. Also wouldn't creating that weird missile thing remove the scrap from his armor to make the weapon, this leaving him open to piercing beams of light or just...more fire and burning explosions?

Back