• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 1

Also uh until otherwise stated I'm gonna say Elodie wins due to her abilty to think up plans on the spot, her versatility, her way to easily blind or screw up a bit of what this guy's got going for him, and her trump card of empath manipulation.

That's excluding the fact she'd have a hawk working for her as well to serve as a pretty good distraction if he really tries to crack down on her

Nice pic, people do not tend to give much attention to character sthat I generally root for.

Anyway, the scrap comes within him, he can contain infinite amount of anything inside, but for the sake of matches, you can assume the amount of a planetary ring unless OP state otherwise. I guess empathic stuff were presented in the serie, but, how does the ability works? Can't say he is immune when he hasn't show anything, but if being ruthless, stoic, pragmatic and haven't show fear across the serie then I state that now.

Maybe manifesting material from within could help to stop the frames the first time (they are projected from any place in the body). Another option is disarming Elodie when using the wand, he's a marksman and has no record missing shots (there's an example above).

I think for the photos I'll only use the characters base pics for the First Round, and once the Second Round starts I'll start using some cool fanart or something.

Okay this is likely gonna be the last post I make before sleeping. I'd ask people to please hold on their votes until I come back but if not I guess I can't blame you.

Having not shown fear before doesn't mean that you can't now or at any other point in time. It doesn't go very much into how the spell worked. It's just a wave of discontent that can confuse or incite panic in others. Generally speaking it just works on everyone. She's done it against groups of soldiers before when she had to approach an army.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the manifesting materials? Unless you're talking about protecting him from her first attacks. It'd come as a surprise all the same though. I don't think he did have time to manifest before he's suddenly on fire. They can burn someone to a crisp in a few seconds. It's a very hot fire.

Disarming Elodie doesn't actually do anything. She doesn't need a wand or a scepter for anything but her laser spell, and even then she has a variety of different attacks she can do like the incineration which just requires a wave of the hand, or the light disc attack (basically destructo disc). Only one of her spells has implied she needs the scepter. Her magic is reliant on her lumen crystal, which is often depicted actually being inside of her, and not out in the open.

I'm also sleepy so, may be the last post too.

Guess Bolt do not necessary have resistance to that, aside from immunity to Mind Reading and Apathy; although, I do not known if is the first thing that she can do so unknown if is the first thing she does.

When Bolt manifest objects they appears from any place of the surface he wish, like manifestimg jails and shields. Also, as was asked above, does this really incinerate in one-shot to anyone with 9-A durability or just incinerate 9-C people and cause moderate damage to 9-A? And: "You learn to direct a beam of searing light through the end of a staff, burning whatever you point at." sounds like she need the wand/staff to do so, and how is the fire rate of the fire attack that would stop Bolt from range attacking her with hansguns, rifle or gatlings at the same time she does?

Her empathic manipulation isn't her first move against someone who is stronger than her. It's nkt even her second or third move, but she does fall back on it at some point, and that's what matters. If things get too tough she can totally just make him comepltely panic and stop spamming missiles at her.

Also I can't exactly get an answer to that, as she hasn't used the incinerate spell on someone equal to her durability, but she has used her sword to chop off someone with similar durability's head off. Her spells certainly work on those with the same durability as her.

That statement about the beam, though, is only one spell out of the dozens she is capable of doing. None of her other spells imply she needs a wand or a staff to cast them, and this spell is the only time they talk about her needing a staff to use them.

Also the rate of fire should be pretty good. It's implied they can cast spells continuously, like during Elodie's duel with Togami, or when she used her magic to sink several ships. I also still don't entirely see what stops her from blinding him, or straight up just distracting him with a falcon or an illusion which buys her time to get a jump on him.

If she haven't show to incinerate someone of that durability instantly then I doubt it will work that fast, unless the spell ignore durability. Perhaps the sword could grant the killing effect, but in melee combat Bolt has the advantage and can manifest melee weapons, such cutting wires or swords, and can also eat the sword of the opponent.

That is the incinirating spell, one of the main arguments of your, or at least sounds like it.

That do not say much about the rate of fire, not much comparing to a laser blast or gatling, take into account that ye need to cast spells when someone with those type of weapons is shotting straight to her, they type of guy that can shot a missile in middle air from considerable distance and disarm a guy without even seeing him. As for bliding, not really having a resistanmce to that betond the ability to dodge, but he always have shades, range of the bliding effect also matter. And if the illusion works as you posted above, it seems ooc and nor very useful in combat, at least not undercover; also what was stated above about illusion, identify it wouldn't be difficult as is only a projection of light.

Okay but it can still cause consistent damage on top of the explosions which would burn or blind him and the wave of discontent that heads his way. He's still likely going to panic if she realizes her other spells aren't working. She'd just make him get all confused or panicked.

Also, you're very wrong. Her incineration spell doesn't work via a staff. That's a simple laser spell. I already said that the incineration spell doesn't have a way to move around and just spawns in somebody. Her incineration spell Works by waving her hands. It doesn't involve a staff in the slightest. Her powers are more based off her lumen crystal, which he can't shoot out of her.

It's in character for her to do it on the fly if she thinks she's having trouble. At the very least she can use it as a distraction so she can sneak away. The illusions can fool even the most skilled lumen who are able to detect when a spell is cast and detect magical energy as a whole, so this isn't something that's easy to detect. It's useful in combat as a distraction, most definitely.

He wouldn't be able to shoot the magic out to the air though or somehow intercept it. She can still set him on fire or spawn several explosions in his area. I don't see why it wouldn't be quick to use. She's used them against groups of soldiers in an army before. It wouldn't be that hard to direct it all on one person.

Also being shot at isn't going to do much to her composure or her breaking of spells. She's remained calm through several different events, such as being charged at with a sword or being impaled by an arrow.

Spawning explosions and fire is a thing that both of the fighter can do, is difference is that Bolt is more of a marksman, is more probable for him to shot the target that the other way around. The Elodie advantage is that she do not need to aim and shot set up frames the target; bit as I said, set off the flames shouldn't be difficult, and he can also create fireproof stuff.

I see the rage, xonfusing or panic spell kinda useful, although I personally doubt it will have the same effect in Bolt as the soldiers, since he has faced dragons, demon lords and Death itself without showing fear, but that depends of the extends of the spell.

I still see the illusion quite inecffective with what was posted above of how she use it, it also sounds like it have a time limit, it at least produce sound by its own?

Not much more to say from my part, guess I'll let the rest in hands of the other user. Other stuff that haven't been mentioned is that Bolt can also manifest functional vehicles, jetpacks, there's was a weapon that shot mini black holes but I assumed it was banned from the beginning (depends of OP), using large object as charge by manifest them in fron while running (and even surfing them), and also Regenerationn.

Elodie is an expert marksman no matter how you slice it, with a bow or with her magic. I mean, they can both aim really well. Elodie made it to the top ten in an archery tournament with only a few weeks of experience in archery. She's very skilled at what she does.

It never does much on how the spell works but I'd assume that it doesn't matter about your actual constitution. If he has a brain he's going to get scared or panicked. I mean at some point it's just putting in those chemicals in his mind and making his brain enter a panicked state.

The only reason why it has a time limit is because she doesn't have the stamina to keep it up forever. The illusion doesn't just stand there. It responds to attacks and dishes out attacks of its own, albeit I don't know if they work or not.

I don't think I can bother to argue more if only because I'm feeling ill and typing this is just making me feel worse for some reason. I'm just gonna say that she also has several different ways to distract him that don't involve her person, like various animals. She still has a lot going for her in distraction and offense.

Its ok, let the other continue the arguments, you have apported much to the discussion.

Although, never argued about her skills, you're talking about the one known as the best mercenary ever across the planets (or even planets), and has walked the universe (and universes) from its origin; facing skilled people, monsters, robots, dragons and wizard shouldn't be uncommon. Wait, the spell works to adding quemicals to the brain?

I agree. At this point, I think the arguments have been fleshed out well. It's just a matter of everyone deciding which one they agree with more.

@Jacky

Get well soon. Have Elodie cast some healing magic for you.

@Antoniofer

If it's panic inducement, unless it works by some supernatural method, it's primarily chemical imbalances within the brain. Similar to things like depression, and provides a rational for how anti-depressant drugs and similar things work.

I personally think this is a high diff match no matter what. Either combatant aren't getting out unscathed.

But yeah basically what Lit says. I'm assuming that the spell just causes chemical imbalances in the brain. Being stoic can't stop you from someone manipulating the chemicals in your brain.

I mean I'd argue that tranquilizers and drugs are a bit different from the chemicals that his body would naturally produce.

Either way I feel like that should be added to his profile. It doesn't say much about that in powers and abilities. The only thing I can find relating to that is his stamina. It seems like his profile in general just needs a little touch up.

But to be fair Elodie's might as well. Just a little bit not too much. I'd have to think about it.

Yes, the problem with tier 2 profiles and above is that I can't edit it later when I obtain new info, if is little enough most likely I forget about it; apparently there's a new manga of Eat-Man, so I may make a revision on him later (I hope it do not change much the potential outcome of this fight).

Has he shown knowledge that those illusions weren't the real people? Did e have knowledge of the machine or know those people incredibly well? Because if so I'm not one hundred percent certain it could apply.

Yes, he was contract to put an end to the machine, as for if he known to much about the people, not like they were a family, they were recurring characters; so it may not apply, although, he can at least tell the difference between an android and a human. Also, take notes, for adding Omnilinguage to his profile later and a key for Teromera (not related to the battle, just to not forget it).

The uh...arguments are a bit confusing I think.

I believe a main argument for Bolt here is that he could stay armored and eat Elodie's attacks, or spam range.

Elodie has fought people that are more experienced than her, has several ways to possibly trip up Bolt, or blind him, or generally make him put his guard down while constantly being set on fire.

I don't remember too much of Bolt's argument unfortunately.

Basically, Bolt can eat anything, so as long the attack/object isn't that big he can devour it (that include Elodie's weapon), he also release the stuf he can eat from his body, the scrap within him is the mass of a planetary ring, using it as both weapons and protections.

Guy is a pseudo-mercenary older than the universe, great tracker and marksman, so got an idea of his skill and experience. Do not want to say much stuff cuz I have no electricity and write in the phone is a pain.

Yeah okay I can get more of those points with my own yeah okay.

Elodie has beaten people with years upon years of more experience than her, she can trick people by casting magic when any lumen (magic user) can detect when a spell is cast, she doesn't need a weapon to cast like all but one of her spells, she can set people on fire with a wave of her hand, she can likely cut through his armor fairly easily, and she's also a skilled marksman and swordfighter but she wouldn't need to get close because she can just cast spells from afar, and she can also make him panic.

There we go, good arguments for both.

Back