• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 9

Holy shoot that picture is cool where the heck did you get that?

Unfortunately I don't think Elodie can win.

Speed being unequal helps a lot though...

So the problem here is Elodie's Reactions allow her to dodge most things that Delirium throws at her, but Delirium is basically tank.

If his main attack is danmaku then...I mean I guess that'd be the case yeah. The most Elodie would be able to hope for is to make him panic and run away or blind him.

She'd probably resort to panic shortly after realizing none of her attacks are really getting anywhere.

Would Elodie be able to dodge constant danmaku?

I'm sure she could. I'm assuming they...don't go that fast at all. A little kid can dodge them with ease, and she has much higher reaction time. I frankly don't see why she wouldn't be able to dodge some of that, especially with being a master combatant.

I'm passing out though so I'll check on this tomorrow.

Although the thing is, she has to dodge literally all of it, without fail, forever. If one hits, she's literally turned into paste.

To be fair she could just go for empathic manipulations shortly after realizing her attacks aren't doing much. It wouldn't take that long to figure it ou, and she wouldn't have to dodge forever.

I'm gonna go incon. Elodie can dodge a lot of the attacks and it all relies on her scaring Delirium away from her. It's very iffy whether or not that's gonna happen which is why I feel that income may be the best plan. I'd love some counter arguments though.

Homing Attacks will probably land a hit on Elodie. Vote Delirium.

I doubt she will be able to dodge literally every attack, forever.

Shit he has a homing attack?

Never mind this may not be super fair then.

Also we already established she doesn't need to do it forever.

Plus, Delirium has summons, and I doubt she can deal with that either.

...okay yeah this doesn't seem...fair?

If one hit kills her and it's homing and Delirium has summons, uh...I don't see how she could get a win.

It doesn't seem like many of them home at all, after watching the boss battle myself. What I did notice is that there are a lot of projectiels coming from multiple directions, with the enemy charging around alongside summons.

It helps that Elodie has a pretty major speed advantage, which helps immensely with danmaku. She's subsonic to his peak human. That's anywhere from a 3-12x difference in speed assuming Delirium is at the upper end of peak human.

That does help, but I still doubt she could keep up.

That's fair enough. I'm not sure what the exact speed difference is. 12x would certainly be more than enough, particularly if the shots don't home in.

Counting votes.

Delirium: 3 (Pixel, Christian, Paul)

Elodie: 0

Incon: 0

I think Jacky can make a solid argument for Elodie given her speed advantage, illusion creation, and empathic manip.

Only specific projectiles from certain transformations home btw.

Like Isaac or Blue Baby's

As a side-note, three transformations spell instant doom for Elodie.

Little Horn, Rag Mega, and the Adversary.

Little Horn and Rag Mega both summon black balls which forever home in on their target and dont give up.

The Adversary fires an instant homing brimstone beam.

Getting Death would also be a problem as he time slows Elodie

Not really a fan of time slow on a character with 180+ MJ worth of MP.

Is it possible in game to avoid all of his attacks?

Also, if it's agreed to be a stomp we can simply move on.

None of this is fair in anyway shape or form. The opponent has homing attacks time slow summoning among several other things that kind of screw up my own character. Her illusion creation doesn't really work so casually and she uses a lot of her own energy to use it. Her speed is the only thing she has going for her besides her empathic manipulation. Her speed is constant but her empathic manipulation isn't constant and is severely out of character for her to do. She also can't even hurt the opponent with regular attacks so I feels to see how this is exactly fair when said opponent can also one shot her

It is possible.

For The Adversary you need to aimdodge and for Little Horn/Rag Mega you need to destroy the homing balls.

However Elodie can't exactly destroy the homing balls because their dura is >>> her AP.

It seems like the only brackets where my characters can get far are the ones not hosted by Dargoo

Alright, once I have some time then I'll post the next round.

@Jacky

I was under the assumption that her empathic manip was more consistent. As though it was more a last resort type thing, or something she would quickly deduce to use if she can't physically (or magically) overpower someone.

It likely is something she can use. It's consistent yes, she's used it against groups of people before, but it's a heavy last resort thing. Considering if she gets hit by one homing attack she's dead, I'm not sure if empathic manipulation would even work because if Delirium leaves the shots are still there to my knowledge.

The biggest advantage she has is her reaction time, and even then that doesn't matter because homing attacks. She has one ability she can use and it's a last resort in a fight where she needs to essentially pull it out immediately.

Stumbled upon this randomly, and since i hate to see a match conclude without one side getting any arguments in, i decided to do some searching and found this. It's a run that managed to beat Delirium mostly without getting hit. With Elodie's better reactions she should at least be capable of keeping up for a while before getting hit. She certainly has the skill to do it. How good is her forcefield creation and attack reflection?

Delirium doesn't seem too powerful for the brackets IMO.

All and all, while it's possible for Elodie to do it... The person in the video who did a no-hit run did it likely with many, many practice attempts. They had many, many times. Elodie has... only one shot. I don't see her doing it.

A fair point, but while she lacks in prior knowledge she somewhat makes up for in speed. Comparing her to the guy who got a perfect run, she would be a new player fighting the same boss but slower.I do agree that it's possible for her to win, but it's also really difficult. She is a skilled fighter so i see her at least putting up a fight. Her enhanced senses could help her last longer too.

Delirium is fine, I only said I didn't like time slop paired with his AP. But I'm assuming it's not super potent since his attacks can still be dodged even within it.

With what Darkwolf has to say, I'm not sure what the agreed upon consensus is. Stomp, decisive, incon...?

Back