• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(9-6-0) 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 2, Match 2: Tails VS GIGA Queen

So let me restate the winning conditions so far before anybody considers to FRA train Tails:

Tails:
  • Hacking via getting up close, although the interaction between his hacking and Queen’s Technology Manipulation is unknown
  • He has his Tornado to jet towards Queen, but Queen would most likely destroy it given the distance they start
  • Experience & Intelligence thanks to fighting similar robots

GIGA Queen:
  • Rangespamming via her clones while constantly backing her distance
  • Even worse for Tails once she has her stats increased if she cannot hit Tails after some time since she is faster which means Tails cannot reach her
  • If DBZ rules don’t apply, GIGA Queen would be free to leave the arena due to her sheer size (alongside Tails who could fly over the arena) to use the rest of the area her homefield advantage (which was kinda forced since she cannot exist outside of her dark world or else she will turn into stone or become an inanimate object)

And yes, the inconclusive would be decided as a coin flip. The OP would mainly do it. As for attempting to rig the coin flip, I wouldn’t do that as I would try to be honest. But to be fair, it kinda reminds me how I participated in DaReaperMan’s Low 2-C tournament and my nomination was up against his nomination and we scored an inconclusive, so Reaper proceeded to “coin flip“ (by that I mean he never did it knowing he has planned this type of event) and choose his own nomination to move on, which I thought felt unfair since it was his own nomination so he may have been biased.

Last edited:
I would suggest adding Tails experience and intelligence as an explanation for another win-con. That being he can simply hide and sneak up on GIGA Queen and use his superior lifting strength to latch onto a blindspot given the GIGA Queen's large size (As there's more surface area for him to move around on that would be harder to reach for a large character than a regular-sized one). I think that's a more obvious win-con since from there he can basically spam 'sharp' attacks to cut/penetrate the GIGA Queen's armor. He certainly seems smart and strategic enough to attempt this.

I've read through the thread myself, and I believe that Tails winning is still more likely to me.

I would suggest adding Tails experience and intelligence as an explanation for another win-con. That being he can simply hide and sneak up on GIGA Queen and use his superior lifting strength to latch onto a blindspot given the GIGA Queen's large size (As there's more surface area for him to move around on that would be harder to reach for a large character than a regular-sized one). I think that's a more obvious win-con since from there he can basically spam 'sharp' attacks to cut/penetrate the GIGA Queen's armor. He certainly seems smart and strategic enough to attempt this.
Hiding where? Explosion Manipulation just negs that too.
I believe we've established that Tails would struggle A LOT to cut through a metal more durable than his AP, which would in turn, make him tired.

Hiding where? Explosion Manipulation just negs that too.
I believe we've established that Tails would struggle A LOT to cut through a metal more durable than his AP, which would in turn, make him tired.
Literally anywhere in the surroundings. Assuming they leave the Dragon Ball arena, he has buildings and what not to hide behind that he can use for cover.

Not to mention, it would take quite a long time for him to become exhausted from attacking given his stamina. Like, quite a while. Not to mention the durability isn't even that much higher than his AP. I think he's going to break through that armor quicker than GIGA Queen could even activate their amp given it takes 'two rounds'. That's a fairly sizeable amount of time.

I feel like we're going in a circle at this point. I guess what you're saying, of course, I think we've just both reiterated the same points by now. Just thought I'd add onto Tails win-cons since it was an argument that wasn't addressed and is certainly a viable tactic.

Tails should have the stamina to fight for days, heck Sonic in IDW literally ran for days during the metal virus arc

I'll begrudgingly admit this match-up is more fun than I thought it to be at first glance.

Though my vote ends up with Tails since I just realized I never voted.

Literally anywhere in the surroundings. Assuming they leave the Dragon Ball arena, he has buildings and what not to hide behind that he can use for cover.
Explosion Manipulation, Missiles and Acid Manipulation says nope.
Not to mention, it would take quite a long time for him to become exhausted from attacking given his stamina. Like, quite a while. Not to mention the durability isn't even that much higher than his AP. I think he's going to break through that armor quicker than GIGA Queen could even activate their amp given it takes 'two rounds'. That's a fairly sizeable amount of time.
It would require a LOT of strength to get through it. Having higher durability than your AP, even if it's 20% more, is still considerable. You're saying like it's barely non existent, it is not.
Saying Tails can continuously output an amount of energy that exceeds his normal AP, and force his way through the metal without growing tired is very ridiculous.
I feel like we're going in a circle at this point. I guess what you're saying, of course, I think we've just both reiterated the same points by now. Just thought I'd add onto Tails win-cons since it was an argument that wasn't addressed and is certainly a viable tactic.
I agree with that, I just don't know the exact tactic, which makes me confused.

Explosion Manipulation, Missiles and Acid Manipulation says nope.
I agree with that, I just don't know the exact tactic, which makes me confused.
To clarify, if Tails realized he was outclassed to some degree, he'd hide. From what I saw in the fight against GIGA Queen, there's plenty of tall building to hide behind. Their missiles, acid, etc. aren't going to be useful if the're hitting the wrong buildings that Tails isn't even hiding behind. Not to mention if the attack hit the building, he isn't going to be taking most of the damage. Once GIGA Queen needs to start searching, Tails jumping onto GIGA Queen is entirely possible.
It would require a LOT of strength to get through it. Having higher durability than your AP, even if it's 20% more, is still considerable. You're saying like it's barely non existent, it is not.
Saying Tails can continuously output an amount of energy that exceeds his normal AP, and force his way through the metal without growing tired is very ridiculous.
It doesn't seem like a lot from what I've seen in the wiki. I've seen greater durability gaps overcome. While they aren't negligible, I don't think it's game-changing.

Grace has ended a while ago. This should be fine to add to the character's profiles given it was very close and both sides provided a lot of arguments for both sides.

He is getting upgraded. However, it's likely going to be a secondary key, with the first key beind his AP as used on his profile currently. Or in other words, his first key would still be City Block level+
Wasn't that suggested for Low Tiers? I don't think Tails fits that category and he'd rather downscale to 8-A+...

well, I am not in any position to question that. After the IDW crt, we can think about putting this in their profile.

Wasn't that suggested for Low Tiers? I don't think Tails fits that category and he'd rather downscale to 8-A+...

well, I am not in any position to question that. After the IDW crt, we can think about putting this in their profile.
I suggested both Low-Tiers and Mid-Tiers get keys for their upgrades. Tails is a Low-Tier and would scale off of Sonic's casual feat from the Neo arc in his second key, and in his first key would scale to Amy's City Block level+ feat.

Neo Metal Sonic Arc Tails: City Block level+

Zombot Arc Tails: Multi-City Block level+

Are we holding off on Tails advancing until after CRT? It's likely going to take a while to complete, and the goal of it is to give Tails two separate keys as stated above (One for City Block level+ and one for Multi-City Block level+).

Back