• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(9-6-0) 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 2, Match 2: Tails VS GIGA Queen

Personally, I am not sure how Queen's Technology Manipulation and Tails' own Technology Manipulation and hacking would interact with each other and if one will negate the other. Sure, Queen just doesn't have the resistance for it for Tails' own hacks, but Tails is facing an uphill battle due to GIGA's hax, size, and speed + twenty-five-meter distance between them.

Didn't Tails literally hack Eggman's machine and the robots he was controlling via technology manipulation? He was controlling Omega via the mech and took full control of Emerl immediately upon making contact. Yet Tails was able to immediately break their control over Emerl and shut down Eggman's mech (albeit temporarily). I think he if he hack into super genius level technology, has seen alien and other civilization-type technologies throughout the game and bypassed technology manipulation, it's entirely possible for him to hack into the GIGA Queen armor.

As for the point regarding the plane. While it is true they could reach it quickly, assuming Tails starts inside of it, or right next to it, he'll beat her every time, as Tails only has to cross a minuscule distance in the same timeframe (as speed is equalized), or Tails immediately takes off if he starts in it.

I assume standard gear doesn't start in the center, as that would be redundant. Especially in equalized speed rounds if the enemy could always just reach the character's standard equipment and smash it. They can certainly close in quick, but it's unlikely they'll reach it before Tails if he starts literally right next to it.

Didn't Tails literally hack Eggman's machine and the robots he was controlling via technology manipulation? He was controlling Omega via the mech and took full control of Emerl immediately upon making contact. Yet Tails was able to immediately break their control over Emerl and shut down Eggman's mech (albeit temporarily). I think he if he hack into super genius level technology,
Technology Manipulation through tech, remotes, and etc is one thing. Queen controls her own Technology because Darkners are capable of using magic.
has seen alien and other civilization-type technologies throughout the game
That doesn't make you automatically capable of tempering with that kind of technology.
and bypassed technology manipulation, it's entirely possible for him to hack into the GIGA Queen armor.
the Technology Manipulation he bypassed (technological control over technology) doesn't scale to Queen's (Magical control over technology)
As for the point regarding the plane. While it is true they could reach it quickly, assuming Tails starts inside of it, or right next to it, he'll beat her every time, as Tails only has to cross a minuscule distance in the same timeframe (as speed is equalized), or Tails immediately takes off if he starts in it.
Large Size says nope. The distance she has to cross is small due to that.

Let me be pretty clear here
"He has dealt with these hax before" isn't an argument.
I'll explain it in a way you can understand, then; Queen is barely something beyond what Tails has dealt before. I'm not sure if you've been seeing us say it, but the Games have taken place in IDW. There is not one thing Queen has showcased that he hasn't seen on an enemy except for attacking his soul directly. Tails is a character that heavily benefits from working under as little pressure as possible, which allows him to strategize more freely. It isn't that it's going to snag him the win, it's that it will help keep his mind at ease for him to think of a way TO win. Whether he CAN do something to win is another matter entirely. I would hope you understand now, but it might just get lost on you
I know it's hard for you people,
As hard as it is for you to hold a decent conversation with somebody, if I had to guess
but you have to actually express and elaborate on how EXACLY Tails would deal with the hax, and a much larger Mecha that also moves at normal human-sized speeds,
"The hax" in question mainly just being Soul hax btw lol. Also Laser's been asking about whether or not Tails is starting out in/near the Tornado for a minute and hasn't received an answer (I think that falls under the OP's jurisdiction in this case?) so I can't really answer such a question when I don't even know if Tails is utilizing his equipment from the get-go or not. I figured Psycho would just clarify, since I doubt this is covered anywhere in SBA
also fighting three robots isn't a counter for tens of clones,
Half of the Sonic games would like to hard-counter the thought that "three robots" is the extent of Tails' experience to being swarmed by them. Especially when there are levels dedicated to them taking on swarms of Badniks in Heroes, or taking on Eggman's Badniks in-masse during events like Shadow the Hedgehog. Let's not get goofy here, okay?
nor does it counter Statistics Amplification that would make Queen faster and even stronger.
I admit Tails doesn't have a reliable answer for this, so sure
The reasoning of the Sonic Supporters is either been addressed (hacking, agility),
Hacking is already up in the air, sure, but agility hasn't been addressed beyond what is essentially "Queen is big and can also move fast so it doesn't matter lol". Which is hardly an argument when Tails is nearly as nimble as Sonic himself, something of Queen's size is almost literally child's play. If Tails decides to get in close for any reason, it will be like a human trying in vain to swat a mosquito. Unless you have characters in Deltarune as remotely as nimble as Tails, you aren't proving to me she can even reliably tag him without clones. Though I will admit dogpiling him with them will make that an easier task, I'll give you that
or NON EXISTENT ("Experience = Auto-Win").
Let's NOT strawman people (repeatedly, might I add) on this thread, if you can comprehend that request.

Anyways I'm still holding onto my vote atm, gonna see how Laser responds and I'll probably cast my vote after. Hopefully I can enjoy the rest of this debate without somebody talking to people like they have a stick up their ass, though that might be too much to ask for.

Also Laser's been asking about whether or not Tails is starting out in/near the Tornado for a minute and hasn't received an answer (I think that falls under the OP's jurisdiction in this case?) so I can't really answer such a question when I don't even know if Tails is utilizing his equipment from the get-go or not. I figured Psycho would just clarify, since I doubt this is covered anywhere in SBA
Wouldn’t Tails logically start outside of his Tornado just as the match starts? It’s pretty much like Batman where he has access to his Batmobile but we aren’t sure if he starts inside of it or he is dealing with his opponent in hand to hand combat first before getting inside of his Batmobile while it is within his range. SBA rules didn’t clarify anything like this.
Half of the Sonic games would like to hard-counter the thought that "three robots" is the extent of Tails' experience to being swarmed by them. Especially when there are levels dedicated to them taking on swarms of Badniks in Heroes, or taking on Eggman's Badniks in-masse during events like Shadow the Hedgehog. Let's not get goofy here, okay?
As someone who has played the games, yes Tails has fought swarms of Eggman’s robots... except he stomps them very easily which mean they downscale. While he has fought some of Eggman’s larger robots (the ones that were as large as buildings) before, this is merely on a 1 on 1 battle and not something like a 1 on 25 (50 while GIGA Queen is buffed). Plus, their smaller size with weaker AP+durability VS GIGA Queen’s massive size with stronger AP+durability means it would take longer for Tails to beat her.

Last edited:
So after deciding, since the Tornado is standard but I constantly see how Tails wouldn’t start with it, he will get the Tornado, but it is located 5 meters next to him.

If it's 5 meters away it's unlikely for him to reach his standard equipment to even use it in time before GIGA Queen destroys it sadly.

The last argument I have for Tails in his favor is his ridiculous athleticism, comparable to even Sonic's. He's shown to be quite nimble, jump high heights, quickly evading enemy attacks from point-blank. I do think it's possible for Tails to slip onto and find a way onto GIGA Queen's blind spots (such as their back) from which they can unleash a barrage of attacks. Likely using a cutting-type attack to penetrate the armor with numerous attacks until he can get inside. If Tails can get inside the armor (via breaking into it), it's over for GIGA Queen as far as I'm concerned.

His experience with most of the abilities GIGA Queen while obviously not an auto-win (I don't think anyone here was implying that), does show that he can handle said abilities to some capacity as opposed to if every ability she had was new to him. It means he knows how to deal with said powers better. It would equate to better performance.

Dumb question about Queen. Does she start in her GIGA Queen mecha or does she have to get inside of it first? I am 90% sure it is the former, but the remaining 10% makes me want to know if the latter is true.

Dumb question about Queen. Does she start in her GIGA Queen mecha or does she have to get inside of it first? I am 90% sure it is the former, but the remaining 10% makes me want to know if the latter is true.
Of course, she would already piloting it otherwise she would get oneshot immediately. So, yes.

If it's 5 meters away it's unlikely for him to reach his standard equipment to even use it in time before GIGA Queen destroys it sadly.

The last argument I have for Tails in his favor is his ridiculous athleticism, comparable to even Sonic's. He's shown to be quite nimble, jump high heights, quickly evading enemy attacks from point-blank. I do think it's possible for Tails to slip onto and find a way onto GIGA Queen's blind spots (such as their back) from which they can unleash a barrage of attacks. Likely using a cutting-type attack to penetrate the armor with numerous attacks until he can get inside. If Tails can get inside the armor (via breaking into it), it's over for GIGA Queen as far as I'm concerned.

His experience with most of the abilities GIGA Queen while obviously not an auto-win (I don't think anyone here was implying that), does show that he can handle said abilities to some capacity as opposed to if every ability she had was new to him. It means he knows how to deal with said powers better. It would equate to better performance.
I see that, sure. But Queen can raise her speed, and AP if Tails dodges too much, and she keeps her distance, and with her large size, it will be difficult for Tails to get to her. Also, she can make several clones just as fast as she is kick Tails at once. She also has acrobatics herself, so I'd say it's unlikely for Tails to dodge everything considering the sheer number of comparable attackers with Large Size.

I see that, sure. But Queen can raise her speed, and AP if Tails dodges too much, and she keeps her distance, and with her large size, it will be difficult for Tails to get to her. Also, she can make several clones just as fast as she is kick Tails at once. She also has acrobatics herself, so I'd say it's unlikely for Tails to dodge everything considering the sheer number of comparable attackers with Large Size.
Is the state that also decreases her durability? If so, that makes the armor more susceptible to being pierced by Tails. Especially if he has already grappled onto them (via superior lifting strength), as she'll have trouble getting them off unless they use abilities.

One thing I'd also like to bring into consideration is the setting. Continuously backing up to try and evade being attacked is going to be a LOT harder in an area like this:
2054486-originaltournament.jpg

Than it is going to be on a path that seemingly goes on forever (for the sake of the battle of course).

As for the clones that I saw, they seem to run at the target in a pattern where there are gaps and spaces for you to get around. Something that with analytical prediction should be entirely possible. Especially because they're a smaller target than the Thrash machine. Not to mention, the clones just seem to run in one direction from where they were summoned. If Tails already clung onto GIGA Queen's back, it's unlikely they'll get Tails. If GIGA Queen summons them behind themself, Tails could adjust his position on her body once, and all the clones will end up kicking GIGA Queen instead, would it not?

As for the speed boost, it seems to occur after two rounds of the fight based on their profile. How long would we consider 'two rounds'. That can either be a significant amount of time or a minuscule amount of time. Tails wouldn't need a lot of time to penetrate the armor with repeated rapid attacks.

I don't think Tails will evade everything, in fact, I think he's likely to get hit a few times when trying to close the initial distance between the two. But given the fight takes place in an environment that doesn't seem optimal for GIGA Queen's continuous movement, I do think he can land on them, and begin to attack their blindspots. From there, it starts to lean in Tails favor if you ask me.

Is the state that also decreases her durability? If so, that makes the armor more susceptible to being pierced by Tails. Especially if he has already grappled onto them (via superior lifting strength), as she'll have trouble getting them off unless they use abilities.
Your argument assumes Tails reaches GIGA Queen, which it's difficult.
One thing I'd also like to bring into consideration is the setting. Continuously backing up to try and evade being attacked is going to be a LOT harder in an area like this:
2054486-originaltournament.jpg

Than it is going to be on a path that seemingly goes on forever (for the sake of the battle of course).
They have zero obligation to stay there, Queen is tall enough to just step out of the ring and back up. I assume DB tournament rules don't apply, otherwise, it would be simple.
As for the clones that I saw, they seem to run at the target in a pattern where there are gaps and spaces for you to get around.
That's Game Mechanics, it wouldn't make any sense for her clones to be attacking is a specific pattern. Otherwise, Tails has only dealt with "specific patterns of missiles and flamethrowers", as Eggman's mecha also follows patterns in-game. But that's certainly not the case, as Game Eggman can use his attacks without having to follow his in-game pattern in VsMatches, so the same applies to GIGA Queen.
Plus, the clones can also rain down from the sky, spinning into the target. Given their large size, dodging THAT while having to dodge Queen is not really an option. Range is being wildly ignored here.
If Tails already clung onto GIGA Queen's back, it's unlikely they'll get Tails.
As for the speed boost, it seems to occur after two rounds of the fight based on their profile. How long would we consider 'two rounds'. That can either be a significant amount of time or a minuscule amount of time. Tails wouldn't need a lot of time to penetrate the armor with repeated rapid attacks.
This whole section assumes Tails gets to Queen while she backs up firing missiles and flamethrowers at him. Not really gonna happen unless a reason is provided. Tails do not have the range to hit her from the distance she keeps, nor does he have the means to reach her, so dodging for two rounds, (which would be about 15 turns? I don't recall) is entirely plausible. Once Speed and AP amps kicks in, Tails is done for.
I don't think Tails will evade everything, in fact, I think he's likely to get hit a few times when trying to close the initial distance between the two. But given the fight takes place in an environment that doesn't seem optimal for GIGA Queen's continuous movement, I do think he can land on them, and begin to attack their blindspots. From there, it starts to lean in Tails favor if you ask me.
If Tails gets hit "a few times" he gets physically crippled, and is far more likely to get hit afterwards due to his injuries, thus, making it impossible for him reach or dodge properly.

Your argument assumes Tails reaches GIGA Queen, which it's difficult.
Difficult maybe, but possible. From what I've seen when I skimmed the fight, GIGA Queen goes in for physical strikes. From there, Tails could dodge and hop onto GIGA Queen. From there, he can travel to a blind spot quickly due to being very nimble to a degree unprecedented in Deltarune. From there, Queen's options are using projectile attacks which Tails could evade causing them to hit themself.
They have zero obligation to stay there, Queen is tall enough to just step out of the ring and back up. I assume DB tournament rules don't apply, otherwise, it would be simple.
Zero obligation sure, but regardless it would stall for a minor amount of time, and given their speed would allow for Tails to close in some.

If Tails reaches a blindspot, from there, it tips in his favor. I think that much we can agree on based on what I've already said. In a short timeframe (I can imagine before their speed and attack boost kicks in which even then decreases durability making them more susceptible anyways) Tails can 'drill' into the armor as a win-con. Their projectile attacks are something Tails has dealt with, and given his position of being on the Queen's body means he doesn't need to make any large movements as he can simply adjust himself to a point where Queen has to tank her own attacks. This would mean Queen needs to be FAR more careful with their attacks or else they risk damaging themselves, making it easier for Tails to land finishing blows that allow him to pierce the armor.
If Tails gets hit "a few times" he gets physically crippled, and is far more likely to get hit afterwards due to his injuries, thus, making it impossible for him reach or dodge properly.
Physically crippled after tanking an attack from a character who only has an AP advantage of 1.273x (before their boost obviously)? That seems unlikely to me, even when accounting for the Soul attacks.

Difficult maybe, but possible. From what I've seen when I skimmed the fight, GIGA Queen goes in for physical strikes.
Tails is awfully small, she'd stick to kicks. Tails wouldn't be able to get to her leg before it went out of range. Large Size + Normal Speed playing a role in this, her kicks are extremely agile.

Zero obligation sure, but regardless it would stall for a minor amount of time, and given their speed would allow for Tails to close in some.
It wouldn't, they start 25 meters apart, and she outranges him with Large Size.
Physically crippled after tanking an attack from a character who only has an AP advantage of 1.273x (before their boost obviously)? That seems unlikely to me, even when accounting for the Soul attacks.
Yes, 1.273x + SOUL Damage would have a very significant effect on someone after, not one, but "a few hits", as you put it. Tails isn't exactly your average tanker. Saying he will be in peak condition after getting hit by Queen would be scandalous, he will get weaker and thus easier to hit

Tails is awfully small, she'd stick to kicks. Tails wouldn't be able to get to her leg before it went out of range. Large Size + Normal Speed playing a role in this, her kicks are extremely agile.
I'm not entirely sure why he wouldn't be able to. He was able to circle around Eggman's mech's fist and land on his back. Said robot was shown to keep up with Tails AND all of his friends (Low Tiers of the verse, like him, not Sonic). If he can do that in a split timeframe, I imagine they could do the same to another enormous robot's leg. Especially since they seem to pause for a very small frame of time which he can certainly use to close in some.
It wouldn't, they start 25 meters apart, and she outranges him with Large Size.
Fair
Yes, 1.273x + SOUL Damage would have a very significant effect on someone after, not one, but "a few hits", as you put it. Tails isn't exactly your average tanker. Saying he will be in peak condition after getting hit by Queen would be scandalous, he will get weaker and thus easier to hit
I just felt like 'crippled' was a strong word. As if he'd be on the floor barely able to stand after a few hits from someone not even twice as strong as him, even if they have soul-damaging attacks. I can agree to it causing some harm and thus being a bit more sluggish, I just felt crippled wasn't the right word.

I'm not entirely sure why he wouldn't be able to. He was able to circle around Eggman's mech's fist and land on his back. Said robot was shown to keep up with Tails AND all of his friends (Low Tiers of the verse, like him, not Sonic). If he can do that in a split timeframe, I imagine they could do the same to another enormous robot's leg. Especially since they seem to pause for a very small frame of time which he can certainly use to close in some.

Agility is key here, Queen can kick very fast indeed even though her legs reach tens of meters of distance and height in a split second. The thought of Tails circling around Queen, or even crossing her leg distance before she just finishes her kick is very unlikely. Plus, we don't really know how Queen would react to a small target. When it was Susie and co, she just used her acid glass + explosion manipulation or stomped the ground to shake it, I am not even sure if she would resort to kicks.

Anyway what stoping from using detachable arms???
Yeah, that one shots Thrash Machine--... Wait, aren't both of them in here? So, if GIGA Queen happens to go against it, she just wins?

Lmao.

Either way, she uses it at the end of the battle, so at that point, she'd know that Tails can just dodge that shit.

Agility is key here, Queen can kick very fast indeed even though her legs reach tens of meters of distance and height in a split second. The thought of Tails circling around Queen, or even crossing her leg distance before she just finishes her kick is very unlikely. Plus, we don't really know how Queen would react to a small target. When it was Susie and co, she just used her acid glass + explosion manipulation or stomped the ground to shake it, I am not even sure if she would resort to kicks.
Yes, I do agree she is very agile, but so was the robot Eggman was controlling that Tails quickly slid past without them noticing. Now that I think about it, I think Tails would play it smart and get ready to ambush them from behind given the Queen's advantage. At that point, Queen would have to look for Tails rather than continuing to just walk backward. From there, Tails as I said can surprise attack Queen, targeting a blindspot. He can from there readjust himself when necessary, and at worst quickly retreat to another hiding spot to repeat the process, although that is unlikely once Tails gets on them.

I'll vote Tails for the reasons above as well. This is going to be inconclusive, since both sides are equal at this point

Seems like a inconclusive, yes.

Which is fine, I don't see Tails reaching GIGA Queen before she just wins by either Statistics Amplification (if he dodges it), or by cloning/additive damage if he gets hit. Explosion Manipulation, and a wide ranged acid manipulation for afar (crossing tens of meters in a split second) too,

I think GIGA Queen is the most likely to win realistically, but Tails has wincons as well, so I see why it's so divided.

Oh yea, I did see a coin flip in another thread after the verdict was declared inconclusive. If we do decide on that, who should flip the coin? I feel it shouldn't be me as it might come off as biased if I do land on Tails (Ironically). It should probably be someone who voted FRA, or maybe someone who hasn't voted at all? Also for anyone who does flip the coin, it's a missed opportunity if tails on a coinflip = GIGA Queen.

Oh yea, I did see a coin flip in another thread after the verdict was declared inconclusive. If we do decide on that, who should flip the coin? I feel it shouldn't be me as it might come off as biased if I do land on Tails (Ironically). It should probably be someone who voted FRA, or maybe someone who hasn't voted at all? Also for anyone who does flip the coin, it's a missed opportunity if tails on a coinflip = GIGA Queen.
That's 'tuff. People might cheat.

I was mostly joking, but if someone decided to coin flip it has to be someone who hasn't voted on this thread.

But there's still time before an inconclusive happens, who knows where this'll go.

Alright, I messaged two people. The OP should probably add those last two votes btw.

If anyone thinks we should ask for more input, you should say. I don't mind asking for more if other people believe we should.

Edit: Make that 3 votes

Last edited:
Back