• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Why should he be comparable to the Blights? Unless you mean currently and he's gotten a power boost I don't know about.

I think the new Sages like could honestly be tier 5. At bare minimum they should be 6-C after getting their secret stones for being able to deflect and negate the same Gloom attacks that dunked on the Master Sword (And if the blood moon stuff for Calamity Ganon goes through then that's just a solid tier 5 rating).

And while I don't know if they scale to full power Ganondorf and the cracked out blood moon he caused when first transforming they should at least scale to the less impressive blood moons mummified Ganondorf does throughout the game since not only could they stop direct attacks he tosses out but it's implied that he couldn't take them all on in his current state. Which honestly the idea that Tulin could ragdoll Revali is funny as hell to me.

Why should he be comparable to the Blights? Unless you mean currently and he's gotten a power boost I don't know about.
He literally fights one of the major bosses with Link in this game pre having his sage awakening Colgera's feat will be tier 7 so at that stage if the game Sidon being comparable to Link and being able to fight the bosses he'd be tier 7

Then he gets secret stone and awakens to his sages power so he'd be tier 6 to tier 5

If anything since breath of the wild Sidon literally has taken a backseat and really hasn't been taking risk at all so I doubt he's had any explosive increases in strength since then so he'd simply be tier 7 which would align with being comparable to the blights

I mean they literally say sidon was stricken with grief over miphas passing in this game so he's been ultra protective and hasn't been his usual self not going out to fight and shit simply defending his home after the upheaval

Oh, then yes he did have a power boost.

The Blights are Tier 6.
Ah then scratch that they only scale to the master sword I thought they were tier 7 for some reason so if that's the case he'd just be tier 7 normally then after his awakening potentially tier 5 depending on how stuff plays out

How is Sidon Tier 7 in BotW? It's implied by his reaction that he couldn't even beat a Red Lynel.
Bruh Major bosses in totk have tier 7 feats i literally just said that, Sidon fights a major boss so he'd be tier 7 pre sage awakening and because of reasons said here
If anything since breath of the wild Sidon literally has taken a backseat and really hasn't been taking risk at all so I doubt he's had any explosive increases in strength since then so he'd simply be tier 7 which would align with being comparable to the blights

I mean they literally say sidon was stricken with grief over miphas passing in this game so he's been ultra protective and hasn't been his usual self not going out to fight and shit simply defending his home after the upheaval
It's highly doubtful he got any stronger so he'd just be tier 7 in botw as well which wouldn't contradict anything

Been a hot minute since I've played BOTW but wasn't the main reason he couldn't handle that Lynel because it had shock arrows and the Zora are really weak to electricity

Actually since I already have the measurements of the Lynels I can calc their explosions or whatever which will probably be like 8-B at most

8-B is pretty good for Lynels, makes sense for them to be that high they are one of the more powerful monsters that stroll around Hyrule.

Bruh Major bosses in totk have tier 7 feats i literally just said that, Sidon fights a major boss so he'd be tier 7 pre sage awakening and because of reasons said here

It's highly doubtful he got any stronger so he'd just be tier 7 in botw as well which wouldn't contradict anything
Ohhh, not in the first game, just before he awakened as a Sage.

Been a hot minute since I've played BOTW but wasn't the main reason he couldn't handle that Lynel because it had shock arrows and the Zora are really weak to electricity
We didn't know the Lynel itself had shock arrows yet iirc, just that a Lynel was guarding where shock arrows were. Unless my memory is butchering that cutscene cause I can't find it on Youtube.

It is important to note that that same Lynel attacked Mipha and she straight up thought she was dead.

Ohhh, not in the first game, just before he awakened as a Sage.
Well no my point is he very very much likely hasn't grown stronger since botw until he awakened as a sage so he'd just be tier 7 which for both games would encompass a pre-sage awakening key with another key of after he became a sage

It is important to note that that same Lynel attacked Mipha and she straight up thought she was dead.
Forgor about that tbh but like the champions would still be like built different asf so if anything that's a feat for the Lionel ain't it

So yeah full power Ganondorf is just someone the sages aren't scaling to. He casually one shots all of them when he goes all out during the final battle but they should absolutely scale above mummified Ganondorf.

Maybe not 8-B actually but its more likely high 8-C because the Lionel explosion would have to be around 53m to get to 8-B

God, the lore assassination of the Master Sword is just painful
???

They haven't changed anything about the swords lore tho? Just added that it can get stronger when absorbing sacred power (Which even then I think was even established in twilight princess with the sols from the twilight realm or something). Not that there's a whole lot of lore to the sword besides Link slapping some flames onto the Goddess Sword and getting a blessing from Hylia to make it the Master Sword and having it be used to dunk on Ganon 9 times outta 10.

It used to be the ultimate weapon against evil and now they're revealing it's ackshuallyyy a fodder sword that effortlessly gets destroyed when Ganondorf REALLY gets serious, and then after that they reveal that Ganondorf is ackshuallyyy not very strong at all and any Sage could beat that Ganondorf. So now basically any random mook >>> Master Sword.

It used to be the ultimate weapon against evil and now they're revealing it's ackshuallyyy a fodder sword that effortlessly gets destroyed when Ganondorf REALLY gets serious, and then after that they reveal that Ganondorf is ackshuallyyy not very strong at all and any Sage could beat that Ganondorf. So now basically any random mook >>> Master Sword.
This has nothing to do with lore that's just power scaling? Not even the first time the sword fails against evil, it can't even scratch beast Ganon in ALTTP past without spin attacks or being upgraded, it can't damage the imprisoned at all besides putting a spike in it's head, Ganondorf in Wind Waker dunked on Link with the Master while also holding back.

"then after that they reveal that Ganondorf is ackshuallyyy not very strong at all and any Sage could beat that Ganondorf."

??? This game constantly hypes up and shows how strong he is and at no point could any sage beat him, the past sages got washed by him and he casually one shots the new sages in the final battle. Plus calling them random mooks is kinda downplaying them since those "mooks" are amped up by magical stones that grant godlike power.

The first one I actually didn't know, but you can destroy the Imprisoned's toes and Link getting his ass beat wasn't because of the Master Sword.

I was referring to the Ganondorf that destroyed the Master Sword, i.e. the Mummified Ganondorf.

I was referring to the Ganondorf that destroyed the Master Sword, i.e. the Mummified Ganondorf.
I mean he's literally just built different plus the Botw master sword isn't as strong as others its like weak as hell

but you can destroy the Imprisoned's toes
Destroying fleshly little weak points isn't much of a plus for the Master Sword

Link getting his ass beat wasn't because of the Master Sword.
Didn't say the Master Sword was the reason he got his ass beat, just that even with it Ganondorf folded him with 0 difficulty

I mean he's literally just built different plus the Botw master sword isn't as strong as others its like weak as hell
Nah BOTW Master Sword by the time Link fights Calamity Ganon is at it's full power again. Not that it's overly impressive because realistically Triforce of Power Ganondorf could do the same if he was there since he's also way stronger than the Master Sword.

Also for the sages and mummified Ganondorf, I have these comparison shots of the Blood Moon that he does throughout the game which shows how close he pulls it during the game. Should help get a calc that would give weakened Ganondorf and the Sages a solid tiering and then the big ass Blood Moon from the flashbacks can be used for FP Ganondorf and Endgame Link.

He beat a SILVER Lynel in the Eldin Volcano Memory iirc

Pretty sure it was always with the Master Sword though

My man Sidon got married, became the king of the Zora, and got sage powers that made him stronger than the base power of the Master Sword.

THATS WHY HE'S THE GOAT!!!!!!
sidon_zelda_tears_kingdom.0.jpg

So I kinda got a brilliant Idea to calcualte the weight of gorons using the density of rocks since they're literally like rock people and Armorchompy verified this can work

So like we can get some interesting KE feats going for the Goron

That'll only work for their physical strikes if they put their ENTIRE body weight into their attacks.
Which they do with the ball roll thing and when they're launched from cannons

Also Link can wrestle with these guys which would result in LS from like overpowering and pinning them to the ground

At least if I'm remembering correctly he wrestled with them

Back