• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse CRT: Swirl of The Root is not True Emptiness. Possible upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I agree. I don't agree. I remember Ultima explicitly saying that it would be.
Oh ok. Cool.
Yeah, but those are along with the apophatic theology to make it more legit. Above all dimensional theories scales nowhere on its own and simply falls under the FAQ's section about transcending dimensions. Being the origin and end of all concepts also doesn't really mean much at all. And transduality on its own (which is basically what the "free of binary opposition" thing is) isn't 1A. I think the "above all dimensional theories" one could work, but even that is a bit questionable with some weird translation stuff
Idk why anyone would take being above dimensional theories as the same as being above dimensions. How many times do you see a verse using the word dimensional theories? The context is clear. It's supposed to transcend up to 1A level. I agree with you on the concepts part and the rest as those can besupporting statements, but being above dimensional theories is very much enough to reach 1A.

After speaking with Ultima, I think the "dimensional theories" thing, if it's actually referring to what the profiles says it does, could be a good justification for 1A. The rest of it isn't 1A though
So Ultima himself acknowledges that being above dimensional theories is enough to be 1A?

Idk why anyone would take being above dimensional theories as the same as being above dimensions. How many times do you see a verse using the word dimensional theories? The context is clear. It's supposed to transcend up to 1A level. I agree with you on the concepts part and the rest as those can besupporting statements, but being above dimensional theories is very much enough to reach 1A.
To be fair, it could just be flowery language, so that isn't much of a counter on its own, but yeah it does seem that the term "dimensional theories" is talking about a set of principles relating to dimensions, and being above that could be 1A. But there are some concerns relating to the translations which could give a totally different meaning

Uhhh...I don't think I ever said that. Did I?
maybe you didn't I think I misunderstood.

are you saying the root is 1-A without the apophatic stuff but " " is apophatic and since there's a 1-A structure in the verse, " " is thus H1-A?

It is not. Apopthic Theology is the reason it got 1-A. The rest fall on our FAQ rules and just makes it Low 1-C.
Ultima who made AT a big thing here claims Dimensional theories could be enough of a justification to make it 1A.
Being the origin of concepts isn't a 1-A statement unless the concepts are themselves are 1-A
Yes. The concepts are accepted as 1A. Nasuverse concepts are 1A on this site. At least, that's what multiple people told me here.
This can be 1-A, but you must prove what dimensional theories exist in Fate/Stay and only a handful can get into Tier 1-A

Per our FAQ page
Whatever is on the apex in dimensional theories is what the root is according to what the scan states. I don't want to highball such thing to tier 0 so it being 1A makes more sense than anything above or below.
If the Root isn't Apophaticthen it's not 1-A.
The root doesn't have to be apophatic to be 1A. It has more justifications to reach that.

maybe you didn't I think I misunderstood.

are you saying the root is 1-A without the apophatic stuff but " " is apophatic and since there's a 1-A structure in the verse, " " is thus H1-A?
Yes..yes that, exactly.

But there are some concerns relating to the translations which could give a totally different meaning
The line is this
神秘学の語るところによれば、この世界の外側には次元論の頂点に在る“力”があるという。
It could meam "Dimensionality" (or Dimensionalism) rather than "Dimensional Theory" I guess.

EDIT: Though in any case they're not saying the Root is above every dimensional theory, but according to Occultism the Root is beyond dimensions or dimensional theory. Which is at most a Low 1-C rating without further context.

Last edited:
I agree that the site seriously ignores nasuverse, in fact, it may be one of the top 3 strongest universes of anime verse, but this verse does not attract people's opinion for some reason, and it is nice that there are 1-2 people on the site who are knowledgeable about it (otherwise, I think the staff will respond to the drop scales taken from redit). bleeding could make the universe H6C)
Thanks for that stupid 4-D invul, now Nasuverse is stuck and ignored so much because of the no matches tracking

More evidence that The Root is different from 「 」
「……そうね。式は、壊すことしかできないもの。あなたにとっては、やっぱりわたしは式なんだ わ」
「――式?」
「……わたしの起源は虚無だから、その肉体を持つ式は死が視える。二年間――昏睡状態で外界を見ることもで きず、ただ両儀式という虚無を見つめ続けてきた式は、死の手触りを知ってしまったから。
 式はね、ずっと根源の渦と呼ばれる海に浮いていたのよ。ただひとり、「 」のなかで式というカタチをもっ て」
 ……たしかに虚無というものが起源であるのなら、彼女は全てのものを無に|帰《き》したいと思うのだろう 。
 だから例外なく、式はあらゆるモノを殺せた。式という人格が否定しようと、それが彼女の魂の原型なのだか ら。虚無であるが故に、あらゆるものの死を望む方向性――。
「そう、それが式の能力よ。|浅上藤乃《あさがみ ふじの》と同じ、人とは違ったモノが見れる特殊なチャンネル。根源の渦という世界の縮図を|垣間《かいま》 見られる特別な眼。
 けど、わたしはもっと深いところまで潜っていける。いえ――わたし自身が、その渦なのかもし れないわ」
"...Indeed. Shiki is incapable of causing anything but destruction. And as far as you're concerned, I'm Shiki after all."
"---Shiki?"
"...My Origin is Nothingness. As a result, Shiki, who is possessed of that body, can perceive death. Two years ago--- when she fell into a coma, the outside world was shut off to her. Her vision turned inward toward the nothingness called Ryougi Shiki, and she felt the touch of death.
Shiki floated on the sea known as the spiral of origin for a long, long time. A solitary form in the void of 「 」."
...With an Origin like "Nothingness" the girl would certainly feel compelled to return everything to nothing.
Therefore, she was able to kill all things without exception. Even if the personality of Shiki tried to deny it, her soul itself was oriented toward the death of everything.
"That is Shiki's ability. Just like Asagami Fujino, she has a unique channel that can see things normal humans can't. Eyes that can glimpse the spiral of origin, itself a microcosm of the greater world.

But, I can dive even deeper than she. Or rather... I suppose you could say that I myself am that spiral
Shiki repeatedly calls Spiral of Origin differently compared to 「Nothingness」or " ". And Spiral of Origin is located in 「Nothingness」yet far away from it. Described as a sea while 「 」is described as nothingess. Yet, Void Shiki is connected to both as she is both

There aren't that many people involved in Nasuverse because it's literal cancer to get into the verse to begin with due to just how much content there is. And like half of it isn't even good anyway, so that just makes it even harder. But anyway this is derailing. Let's focus on the topic
Nasuverse is like the Marvel/DC of anime. Impossible to get into from the scratch. Honestly, every knowledgeable member of Nasuverse should be given a gold medal. Out feat of understanding every fuckery in the series is crazily underrated

Last edited:
There aren't that many people involved in Nasuverse because it's literal cancer to get into the verse to begin with due to just how much content there is. And like half of it isn't even good anyway, so that just makes it even harder. But anyway this is derailing. Let's focus on the topic
That I can personally attest to given my original attempt at doing a cosmology blog years ago only to abandon it due to the amount of content that I could easily overlooked without noticing like finding a needle in a haystack.

Anyway, I am neutral on the proposal, leaning towards disagreeing until we get more evidence as of personally speaking, I find it not sufficient enough on that matter anyway.

That I can personally attest to given my original attempt at doing a cosmology blog years ago only to abandon it due to the amount of content that I could easily overlooked without noticing like finding a needle in a haystack.

Anyway, I am neutral on the proposal, leaning towards disagreeing until we get more evidence as of personally speaking, I find it not sufficient enough on that matter anyway.
Leaning towards disagreeing?

6eb.png

"More evidence?" There was at least 4 different evidences for root and " "😭

Leaning towards disagreeing?

6eb.png

"More evidence?" There was at least 4 different evidences for root and " "😭
That, by itself, doesn’t mean much.

Not to mention since it is from old Nasuverse lore and some FGO IIRC, it doesn’t offer much by itself since it relates to specific part of the cosmology. Also technically speaking, one can made a fine point that nothingness is dimensionless, but anyway, I don’t see any point in discussing this further than necessary

That, by itself, doesn’t mean much.
I don't see why it doesn't. Gave more than 2-3 evidences in both parts.
Not to mention since it is from old Nasuverse lore and some FGO IIRC, it doesn’t offer much by itself since it relates to specific part of the cosmology. Also technically speaking, one can made a fine point that nothingness is dimensionless, but anyway, I don’t see any point in discussing this further than necessary
The root and 「 」relates and extends to all parts of the Nasuverse cosmology. This has never been retconned. Ever.

I sadly said I'd respond to this so here I go, before I actually get into stuff, I agree with Crimson for the record. To note, I will be referring to 「 」as Kara, the same as Nasu in the mats, because I can't be bothered to copy past 「 」

It could meam "Dimensionality" (or Dimensionalism) rather than "Dimensional Theory" I guess.

EDIT: Though in any case they're not saying the Root is above every dimensional theory, but according to Occultism the Root is beyond dimensions or dimensional theory. Which is at most a Low 1-C rating without further cocontext
What it's saying is what is said in FSN and the as well, it's not that according to "occultism it's beyond dimensions" or dimensional theory, it's that based on mysticism (literally the study of mystery in Nasu, an all encompassing force of the root itself), or mystery in some translations, the root sits above all dimensional theories and outside of the World. FSN then adds on that it governs them and then FSN, Zero, FGO, etc add on that it is also the source of all things and concepts and such, which would naturally include said dimensional theories that it's already above

Just thought I'd mention that

The entire Saber Shiki section of the OP

This is all just a really weird reading of it. What it's saying is that, since she's Void, she's born of kara, and will one day just return to it, i.e, she'll stop being Shiki (she's currently just letting Shiki exist and live her life while she sleeps) it's not that kara is some weird power beyond her or whatever, we see this in her valentine, which I will mention later

More evidence that The Root is different from 「 」

Shiki repeatedly calls Spiral of Origin differently compared to 「Nothingness」or " ". And Spiral of Origin is located in 「Nothingness」yet far away from it. Described as a sea while 「 」is described as nothingess. Yet, Void Shiki is connected to both as she is both
Blatantly incorrect looking at the actual quote you posted

Shiki floated on the sea known as the spiral of origin for a long, long time. A solitary form in the void of 「 」."
This line right here immediately conflates Kara and the Spiral of Origin, and it's not the only time to do so in KnK

For instance, we know Kurogiri is linked to the Akashic Records/Spiral of Origin, this is explicitly stated in that novel by Touko to Mikiya, what is also stated is the following

“Hmph. The frst tongue has less efect on you than I expected,” he grumbles. “The connecton of both of our spells to the spiral of origin grants you some measure of resistance perhaps. But in the end, the death you cling so close to remains unseen. As does everything else"
But wait, Shiki is connected to Kara, but it grants her protection from a power connected to the root because of, and I quote the connection of both spells to the Spiral of Origin, how odd

If my sarcasm wasn't clear enough, this is very clearly conflating the two but let's continue

Let's look at the entire basis of the idea of the op, the guide statement

「 」 [Others]
If you really wished to pronounce this term, call it "Kara".
Its meaning varied depending on each individual's understanding. To put it in simple terms, it was the Spiral of Origin.
However, since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer ' '.
To properly express this term was a source of headache during the production of the drama CDs."-
So whats being focused on for the OP is

However since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer ' '.

What you're ignoring however, is the why, it's because it's called the Spiral of the Origin that it can't be called kara, if you paid attention to the line directly before this one, Nasu himself says to put it simply, kara is the spiral of origin, you literally can not have a more clear explanation than this. The things attributed to the named things, are meant to talk about Kara, the issue is the indescribable nature of it makes those technically lesser than it. The CRT that made it 1-A in the first place actually addressed this, noting that even calling it Kara, isn't accurate, and that's even reducing it, any description would be. Saber Shiki's valentine notes that it is truly without boundaries, and because of that, things like names can't exist.

Case Files even mentions that kara and the Spiral of the Origin are the same

Umm…I heard about it in class. What was it…the Spiral of Origin?”

“Right. The Spiral of Origin, or more simply the Root. Sometimes it’s referred to as「 」, the thing for which there can be no reference. It is the source of everything, the ‘zero’ from which all matter and phenomena flow. Ah, but now that I’m trying to put it into words, I’m realizing that’s not a good idea. After all, even the idea of 'zero’ has baggage that makes it unsuitable as a comparison

Now as I already said above kara and the other names are all conflated, as has been mentioned on multiple threads, in verse, descriptions of the root and stuff are meant to be talking about Kara, it just doesn't count because of negative theology, it's the same as how if we said X only applies to Kara, that's also incorrect, because the thing we're describing isn't Kara, it can't be described thats the entire gimmick.

Even ignoring that fact, as you're probably well aware, the reason they're considered one in the same on the wiki is because what we're actually tiering is Kara, we're tiering the super indescribable ineffable source of all, it's just named swirl of the root because not only is that the most common name for it, but putting " " as a page name is a horrid idea. You'll notice we're tiering Kara when you see the whole negative theology point in the justification.

Now of course, this means the invented scaling section in the OP, where X things scale to the proposed lesser root and then others to kara, doesn't exist. For reasons I already mentioned, these descriptions of the root and stuff are all meant for Kara, kara is the origin of all things, kara is the source maelstrom, kara is the destination after death, where you're erased and your origin is recycled (and thus where Roa isn't erased and instead just reincarnates), kara is where MEoDP is connected, and where Unified Language is connected, etc

Last edited:
Those were supporting evidences that rely primarily on its apophatic theology
I mean is agree with this that's what I said but other problems is people scaling to [] apparently and being 1-A which wouldn't make sense because [] is supposed to scale above those things
descriptions of the root and stuff are meant to be talking about Kara, it just doesn't count because of negative theology, it's the same as how if we said X only applies to Kara, that's also incorrect, because the thing we're describing isn't Kara, it can't be described thats the entire gimmick.
Although the choice of words was pretty weird I'm pretty sure what he is saying is that because the characters refer to in an attempt to conceptualized it as "spiral of Origin" and the root" hence when the characters describe it they are describing they are of understanding Spiral of Origin or the root things that they refer to but because it can't be described it applies to they are understanding not [] itself
Now of course, this means the invented scaling section in the OP, where X things scale to the proposed lesser root and then others to kara, doesn't exist.
Other issues were proposed as well which would benefit his proposal of that Roa's soul being 1-A scaling to [] which doesn't make sense
(and thus where Roa isn't erased and instead just reincarnates)
So where's the idea that it resists the roots effects come from if he reincarnates anything 1-A about should be removed and some other type of hax like Immortality (Type 9)should be given
kara is where MEoDP is connected, and where Unified Language is connected, etc
And things have a different level of connection to each other tho it, it still wouldn't make sense lol

Let's suppose all of those things are connected

In case files we still have gods being connected to it and God's are supposed to be below true ancestors like arcueid so the connection which would technically upscale the gods which would be 1-A there would still people above the gods arcueid and ultimates ones

If we take the connections to hyper-literally equate to [] then the chains scales wouldn't make sense
[]=Void shiki>Arcueid=altrouge>gods=[]

Doesn't make sense
But wait, Shiki is connected to Kara, but it grants her protection from a power connected to the root because of, and I quote the connection of both spells to the Spiral of Origin, how odd
This still doesn't address other problems

The Root and [ ] are the same. I see nothing worthy of consideration here.
They are not the same thing the root refers to it but it cannot be it because it's a description

For you to say it's the same thing is to say they share an identity which they don't because if they did A=A would be applicable but it's not the term root only refers to it but it's not it

I mean is agree with this that's what I said but other problems is people scaling to [] apparently and being 1-A which wouldn't make sense because [] is supposed to scale above those things

Although the choice of words was pretty weird I'm pretty sure what he is saying is that because the characters refer to in an attempt to conceptualized it as "spiral of Origin" and the root" hence when the characters describe it they are describing they are of understanding Spiral of Origin or the root things that they refer to but because it can't be described it applies to they are understanding not [] itself
No, the choice of words is painfully clear, they're the same thing, describing it at all is the issue
Other issues were proposed as well which would benefit his proposal of that Roa's soul being 1-A scaling to [] which doesn't make sense
Except it does, because of what kara actually does with souls
So where's the idea that it resists the roots effects come from if he reincarnates anything 1-A about should be removed and some other type of hax like Immortality (Type 9)should be given
What happens when someone dies, is that their soul is erased by the root, leaving only their Origin, all other information and metaphysical aspects are erased, and the origin is then used for something else, Roa however, maintains his information, it does not get erased and he comes back out just fine, into the host of his choosing
And things have a different level of connection to each other tho it, it still wouldn't make sense lol
Cope ig, thats the only response to this. It just outright says they're both connected to the same thing so she can resist it
Let's suppose all of those things are connected

In case files we still have gods being connected to it and God's are supposed to be below true ancestors like arcueid so the connection which would technically upscale the gods which would be 1-A there would still people above the gods arcueid and ultimates ones

If we take the connections to hyper-literally equate to [] then the chains scales wouldn't make sense
[]=Void shiki>Arcueid=altrouge>gods=[]
Or or or

Maybe just maybe, gods being connected to it doesn't make them equal to it, and then this problem you've conjured out of thin air doesn't exist anymore, revolutionary
Doesn't make sense

This still doesn't address other problems
There's nothing to address, I gave you like 3 examples explicitly saying they're the same, one from Nasu himself, there's nothing else to say, the verse and the creator of the verse, just say you're incorrect

Not to mention since it is from old Nasuverse lore and some FGO IIRC, it doesn’t offer much by itself since it relates to specific part of the cosmology. Also technically speaking, one can made a fine point that nothingness is dimensionless
That only counts if it lacks aspatial and atemporal I think if something is beyond dimensions and is aspatial and atemporal I think it would have to qualify as qualitatively superior to space time but I don't know if that's how it works in the wiki

No, the choice of words is painfully clear, they're the same thing, describing it at all is the issue
You cannot say [] has an identity in classical logic they can't be the same thing at all neve the term root would be the term root if and only iff its the term root the term [] would be the term [] if and only if it's the term [] they are not the same at all even the materials say it

Saying the characters say it's the same which they don't they just refer to it as that even tho it's not that isn't supporting evidence
Except it does, because of what kara actually does with souls
And it does what? That grants Roa 1-A?
What happens when someone dies, is that their soul is erased by the root, leaving only their Origin, all other information and metaphysical aspects are erased, and the origin is then used for something else, Roa however, maintains his information, it does not get erased and he comes back out just fine, into the host of his choosing
So what it resists the erasure of [] but holy scripture can instead destroy that soul which would mean
Holy scripture>[] =Roa's soul

Which is the problematic and doesn't make any sense at all
Cope ig, thats the only response to this
What you're inferring from the scan leads to internal contradictions in the verse shiki ryougis 3rd personality also has a deeper connection to the root than base shiki and I'm pretty sure base shiki was the one resisting that thing that which I'm assuming is supposed to be 1-A too
Maybe just maybe, gods being connected to it doesn't make them equal to it, and then this problem you've conjured out of thin air doesn't exist anymore, revolutionary
That was my point people have a different level of connection to it to which you responded with "cope ig" that's what the source material says
There's nothing to address, I gave you like 3 examples explicitly saying they're the same, one from Nasu himself
Huh where did nasu speak that was the Character I already explained to you characters referring to it is supposed to be the characters attempting to conceptualize of it by referring to it as that

The actual mat says they are not the same thing and the meaning of it varies with the characters understanding of it that's why we have references like "the root and spiral of Origin"
there's nothing else to say, the verse and the creator of the verse, just say you're incorrect
What are you saying you gave statements from characters not the author you're acting like the wiki has denied the authors statements cough nasu when it came to the interviews

coz u a csap scaler
1. I don't use csap just because you make profiles at a wiki doesn't mean you endorse the stupidity of the wiki

2. Csap has nothing to do with this I just think it'll be a logical contradiction to say that's not the case

My proposal is either send the root back to 1-C because people saying references of Kara are Kara are contradicting negative theology because the main point of [] is the avoid paradoxes like references, predicates and descriptions of it being indescribable alike not being [] because if they are the ineffability Paradox can be implemented and negative theology cannot be posited to exist in a that it should

All of this Kara and spiral of Origin are the same thing is a misrepresention negative theology which was the main reason for 1-A nasuverse in the first place

Hence from this thread it should be either 1-C nasuverse or spiral of Origin and Kara aren't treated as the same thing

You cannot say [] has an identity in classical logic they can't be the same thing at all neve the term root would be the term root if and only iff its the term root the term [] would be the term [] if and only if it's the term [] they are not the same at all even the materials say it
I'm not even going to address this because I posted the exact thing you're referencing, and showed how it doesn't support you and supports me
Saying the characters say it's the same which they don't they just refer to it as that even tho it's not that isn't supporting evidence
???? Cope ig? Literally just "no the characters say it's the same but that doesn't count reee"
And it does what? That grants Roa 1-A?
It fails to erase his soul, so his soul has the durability to withstand it, as we know from Mahoyo, returning there instantly erases and absorbs you, which doesn't happen to him
So what it resists the erasure of [] but holy scripture can instead destroy that soul which would mean
Holy scripture>[] =Roa's soul
Bro's acting like resistances are the same as being equal to something, that's crazy
Which is the problematic and doesn't make any sense at all

What you're inferring from the scan leads to internal contradictions in the verse shiki ryougis 3rd personality also has a deeper connection to the root than base shiki and I'm pretty sure base shiki was the one resisting that thing that which I'm assuming is supposed to be 1-A too
No, no it doesn't lead to contradictions. Hell I'm not even interpreting the scan, I'm telling you verbatim what the scans are. That's not an interpretation, that's just the verse saying it
That was my point people have a different level of connection to it to which you responded with "cope ig" that's what the source material says

Huh where did nasu speak that was the Character I already explained to you characters referring to it is supposed to be the characters attempting to conceptualize of it by referring to it as that
In
In the guide statement that's the crux of this thread? The one where he says kara is the spiral of origin and then talks about negative theology?
The actual mat says they are not the same thing and the meaning of it varies with the characters understanding of it that's why we have references like "the root and spiral of Origin
What are you saying you gave statements from characters not the author you're acting like the wiki has denied the authors statements cough nasu when it came to the interviews
Read literally anything I said again, I explained this already, you're not really giving much to respond to

My proposal is either send the root back to 1-C because people saying references of Kara are Kara are contradicting negative theology because the main point of [] is the avoid paradoxes like references, predicates and descriptions of it being indescribable alike not being [] because if they are the ineffability Paradox can be implemented and negative theology cannot be posited to exist in a that it should

All of this Kara and spiral of Origin are the same thing is a misrepresention negative theology which was the main reason for 1-A nasuverse in the first place

Hence from this thread it should be either 1-C nasuverse or spiral of Origin and Kara aren't treated as the same thing
Bro is lost

To reiterate so it's completely clear to you. The profile is tiering Kara. Kara and all of its various names, are the same, because all names and descriptions are equally unable to describe it, hence why in Case Files, they say they're the same, then mention it being a zero and indescribable and say that that concept carries too much baggage so it doesn't count

Trying to differenciate the Root from " " is literally missing the entire point of the structure in the first place. What would the Root even be if not " "? They're both just names used to refer to a thing that can't be described. " " is more suitable than "the Root", but they both fail at it in the first place. There's not a "deeper place within the Root that becomes apophatic" because that's a description and thus doesn't apply to it.

You can't separate them, and even if you tried, it would be quite literally impossible to even figure out what is being refered to as this hypothetical "Root" and this hypothetical " ", because no character makes the distinction within the story. No narrator makes a distinction within the story. It's almost like... they're all describing the same thing.

I'll just be closing this. Again, 3rd thread about this in just this week, and now it's gone completely away from what OP even intended to do. Stop making High 1-A Root threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back