• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

I really would like an option to customize the voices for the game.

I still miss japanese Marth and the other voice of Ike.

Oh, and in smash 4 , Kirby says the W-word in spanish when being close to an edge (like "pato", but... you know what).

Okay, just unlocked all the Persona spirits. there´s not much notable, but an entirely unique support spirit (Item Autograb can be neat) and Morgana (Which could have had better stats TBH), and Joker kinda suffers Robin syndrome (aka, you can´t really go for the kills until late-match).

Joker's kill potential relies on Arsen.

Joker himself is supoosed to combo an opponent and rack up damage, so when you unlock Arsen, you can go for the kill - Up Smash and Foward Smash are particularly good.

Anyway, why is Joker's grappling hook so good?

If things go well, hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on both Joker and Pirahna Plant before long.

BTW, what's the theming of Joker's Classic Mode run?

Starter Pack said:
If things go well, hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on both Joker and Pirahna Plant before long.
BTW, what's the theming of Joker's Classic Mode run?
Dark skins

Warren Valion said:
Joker's kill potential relies on Arsen.
Joker himself is supoosed to combo an opponent and rack up damage, so when you unlock Arsen, you can go for the kill - Up Smash is particularly good.

Anyway, why is Joker's grappling hook so good?
The problem is that if you don´t take damage to begin with, it turns the match longer (which happens to me a lot in my pseudoTAS playstyle), and the Neutral Special doesn´t make the ones hitted flinch, which is acceptable as I bet that would be broken.

Lastly, probably because it´s like Ivysaur´s, but with higher range.

Oh, and interestingly, the up tilt has more range upwards than the up smash, respectively.

Starter Pack said:
So, like Falco, Dark Samus, Mewtwo or Incineroar?
Cool.
There's one will all three Dark Links.

There's the dark Kirby.

Mr. Game and Watch.

Et cetera.

You can search it up if you want.

Bobsican said:
INB4 Joker´s gauge can be filled instantly if you use Down Special right at the start of the match while having a lot of self-harming spirits.
The best part is that this is actually true.

Just slap 3 Trade-Off Ability spirits and see how broken he turns into.

For this set, Baby Mario is recommended so you aren´t easily killed early.

I love Joker's fatality victory screen.

The show is over (Joker posing menacingly While his opponent is bleeding sparkles) GAME!

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Donkey Kong in MK11 as DLC
Scorpion in Smash as DLC
After seeing DK in Jungle Beat, it's not hard to imagine him punching people to paste in graphic ways in MK >_>;

Scorpion honestly could work in Smash. Just replace the graphic gore of his moves and fatalities with implied stylized violence, shadows or camera tricks, I dunno. But hey, they made Bayo work, they can find a way around for Hanzo.

So, uh, weird question: is Joker's real name Ren? I've seen him be called Akira a couple of times. I may be wrong but I think the Persona 4 protagonist is called Yu, but in the manga was called Souji or something like that, so perhaps it's a similar deal?

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
How would you guys feel if there was a Smash Bros movie being made with the exact same CGI from WoL?
Anime or miniseries would be more preferable than movie.

I'd love a Smash Bros movie, but only if they did it right. Video Game movies tend to be average at best.

Only if they made a Cinematic Universe:

Super Mario Bros. (Illumination), Legend of Zelda (Netflix, at least that's my pick), Pokemon (???), and another movie for good measure (Whatever franchise is deemed cool enough) and then a Smash Bros movie.

Everyone knows the big four is Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby. That's what the Melee intro and E3 Brawl trailer suggested. Then again, it could also be Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong given they were the first four added to the game. Or Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Yoshi if we're going by the 64 commercial. Or for all we know, Fire Emblem comes up from the Aether (pun completely intended) to take the fourth most memorable spot.

SomebodyData said:
Only if they made a Cinematic Universe:
Super Mario Bros. (Illumination), Legend of Zelda (Netflix, at least that's my pick), Pokemon (???), and another movie for good measure (Whatever franchise is deemed cool enough) and then a Smash Bros movie.
The one and only Captain Falcon, my dude.

Nah, clearly Ice Climbers deserve it.

@Cal or...

Mario + Minions (Illumination), Excitebike (Sony Pictures), Megaman : Fully Charged (Cartoon Network), and then as a last surprise, Zelda (DIC Animation)

Truly the Nightmare Scenerio

I still miss Brawl Sonic´s Down Smash and Dash Attack. They were quite nerfed to the point they look more lame.

Mixed feeling about G&W's Forward Aerial. On the other hand, it's worse in 90% of cases, but on the other hand, it's another cheese move. And cheese is good.

I do hate the removal of windboxes on Down Tilt and Up Aerial though. Plus the nerf on Oil Panic's damage output.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Mixed feeling about G&W's Forward Aerial. On the other hand, it's worse in 90% of cases, but on the other hand, it's another cheese move. And cheese is good.
I do hate the removal of windboxes on Down Tilt and Up Aerial though. Plus the nerf on Oil Panic's damage output.
Yeah, RIP G&W's Foward Aerial.

Back