• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

Warren Valion said:
Could show video clips of what you mean?
I don't remember the difference.
Down Smash: Sonic spinned rotating in a circle around where he was standing, it was spammable, had little risk to use and also reduced the hurtbox, wich can be neat to surprise the opponent with.

Dash Attack: Like the one in Ultimate, but he spindashed a bit first and then did the kick itself, it did a bit more damage.

And I tried, I couldn´t find them around.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
I like Kirby's dash attack from Ultimate because it just looks more badass than him spinning his feet around like a blade.
But that one really had a lot of combo potential, and the new one that´s clearly a reference to 64 also leaves you vulnerable.

After all, Sonic mains are just Side Special/Down Special --> Jump --> Aerial/Neutral Special --> Repeat

Bobsican said:
Down Smash: Sonic spinned rotating in a circle around where he was standing, it was spammable, had little risk to use and also reduced the hurtbox, wich can be neat to surprise the opponent with.

Dash Attack: Like the one in Ultimate, but he spindashed a bit first and then did the kick itself, it did a bit more damage.

And I tried, I couldn´t find them around.
I found a video.

Down Smash is defintely different, but dash attack looks the same to me.

But dude, holy shit, the nerfed his taunts. I remember spamming the shit out of "You're too slow!" as a kid. What a shame.

Highkey, I don't have a set main. I play as like 11 different characters😂.

They were all selected because I can 2-3 stock Mario's lvl 9 AI with them

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Here's my character list:

Main - Blue

Secondaries - Red

Tertiaries - Yellow

Dm7CMBa

I really think we should have a support spirit that allowed you to start with an Assist Trophy, a Poké Ball and one for a Master Ball.

It would bring a lot of fun.

Bobsican said:
Oh, the dash attack remained the same in 4. It´s in Ultimate where the change happens.
Oh I think I see, it's like a kick now.

I think that change is for the better - all of his moves look the ******* same. Taking one or two out in which he didn't crouch into a ball is good thing in my opinion.

Then Sonic should have replaced his Side Special with the Boost (let´s be honest, the move is almost redundant).

And I wish Nintendo did an update to Splatoon 2 that turned the Inklings into jumping like in smash (even if still the same height), as it actually looks lame and dead in-game if you do it in kid form.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The Swordfighter gang
And Cap
Yeah, I suck at spacing so picking a character that with good range is great - and I like all of their designs.

And then there is the beauty that is Captain Falcon.

Other than G&W, who do you play?

Ridley, Incineroar, a bit of Jiggly and Piranha Plant.

I used to play Duck Hunt back in Smash 4, but they kinda suck even more in Ultimate now so rip.

Damn, -Infinity (Ganon is kinda) extended melee characters and a melee character. Here's mine: Needless to say, I'd hate to fight you because of that extended melee.

Mains (Updated1)

Warren Valion said:
DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Here's my character list:
Main - Blue

Secondaries - Red

Tertiaries - Yellow

Dm7CMBa
>Swordfighters

Cap is pretty based tho

Ridley, Incineroar, a bit of Jiggly and Piranha Plant.
I used to play Duck Hunt back in Smash 4, but they kinda suck even more in Ultimate now so rip.
I do a little Jigglypuff myself.

Got to love rest.

Mains: Palutena, Yoshi, R.O.B., Mewtwo

Secondary: Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda

Tertiary: Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Ganon

To go back to what I mentioned eariler, some of the changes to Cloud I don't like. Specifically, the limit on his Limit Break and the shortness of his Neutral Aerial.

Like, Cloud has a big ass sword, so why is his nair so small in comparison? It looks so dumb to see him hold his arm at a 45% angle.

And I hate that there is a timelimit on Limit Break because it instantly changes the mindset of the opponent. Since it has a timelimit, the optimal strategy is to camp the other person out until Limit goes away, and I hate that.

And this comes from a person who never played much of Smash 4 at all, and never touched Cloud.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Yep. Miscounted. Whoops.
Oh my god, wow.

I wanna doriyah you into another dimension right now.

My Ganondorf is kinda nasty. It's why he's my main.

Mains:

Mario, Kirby, Ness, Young Link, Dark Pit, Ike, Lucas, Mega Man, Palutena, Robin, Cloud, Inkling, Simon/Richter (They literally play the exact same against anyone but Olimar/Alph), Joker

Secondary:
Yoshi, Dr. Mario, Marth/Lucina (They are practically echoes), Pit, Snake, Pokémon Trainer, Chrom, Pikachu, Meta Knight

Tertiary:
Ken, Zelda, Sonic, Ice Climbers, Pichu, Villager, Shulk, Bayonetta, Olimar/Alph

Cuaternary:
Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Isabelle, Pac-Man, Mii Fighters, R.O.B., King Dedede, Bowser Jr./Koopalings, Ryu, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Wario, Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Link, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Roy, King K. Rool, Incineroar, Greninja, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina & Luma

Yeah, I can play with practically anyone, but the problem is to master them.

For some reason my Ganon can never beat Little Mac. Little Mac's hard to play against for me because despite his gimpability, that dude hits like a freaking truck. Luckily, all I have to do now is stay away from Battlefield and just keep him in the air with Palu.

My Falcon can never beat Ganon. Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man, Sonic, Mii Brawler or Bowser? Sure. But my Falcon? I get this man to his last stock and somehow finds a way to cheese me almost every time.

The aforementioned friend was a Falcon main before he was a Cloud main. My other friend had Ganon as a secondary. And my first friend was a better player than the second friend. He still could never beat his Ganon with his Falcon.

I also remember going to a tournament and hitting a spike with Yoshi to win the set and my friend laughing at how unintentionally disrespectful that was.

Just...beating it. Even 2 Stars Spirits are very hard, I doubt I could manage to do anything against a 4 Star one.

Honestly don't think I'll manage, lol

Also currently attempting a no-spirit run on WoL in hard mode.
It's not going well.
Spam Kirby´s Down Special in those parts that have a floor hazard.

You´ll thank me later.

Oh, and some spirits can be easily defeated by just sucking them up with Kirby and then letting them spite themselves out while you jump out of the stage on purpose.

This works absurdly well against SF spirits as they always reduce the jump output of everyone, and Kirby has good recovery, so...

Oh, and spiking by using the Up Special on the edge of the stage also helps (if you can´t suck them in the first place, try this one).

Back