• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

Because he's a DLC and the sole representative of an entire franchise and arguably an entire company, with barely any hope of getting more characters in the future, so of course they'd try and cram everything they could here.

Oh god.

He looks so good.

I can die happily after tomorrow.

They also have Battle Hymn of the Soul in the mementos stage, so i have literally zero complains about ost as well.

I think he might not actually be broken. Without the Persona gauge charged up it seems his attacks are pretty weak.

INB4 Joker´s gauge can be filled instantly if you use Down Special right at the start of the match while having a lot of self-harming spirits.

No mention yet. I'll be super disappointed if it's Steve. Idc if peeps are expecting it and idc if Saik's gonna rub it in my face.

SomebodyData said:
I think he might not actually be broken. Without the Persona gauge charged up it seems his attacks are pretty weak.
I am pretty sure all the opponents were at low to 0% damage, and not to mention that Joker seems to be a combo character as well.

Joker doesn't seem that broken to me. Sure, he's got a really epic charging shield, but it's very likely to be able to be grabbed through, and he doesn't seem to be getting a game-breaking boost from it.

At least it lasts longer than Cloud's one-hit wonder Limit Break.

IMO, Cloud is fine as he is (Finishing Touch with Super Armor would be too good if you ask me). If I had to ask for a buff, perhaps improve non-Limit Break Climhazzard a bit, so it can be like Roy's Blazer? It has auto-grab on ledges during the rising swing (to avoid cheapshots with the second strike) and if you nudge the directional button instead it covers more distance horizontally in exchange for a bit of altitude.

Finishing Touch kinda sucks if you ask me (Only 1% of damage output, a lot of end lag, and it also wastes the charged bar, especially if you get hit before hitting them with it, as if that happens, the whole move is cancelled and the bar is reseted anyways), but probably it´s just that I don´t know when you´re meant to actually use it.

Limit Break Side Special is better to kill in my case at least.

Limit Break giving Super Armor is dumb IMO.

The only buff Cloud needs are better horizontal movement and vertical height with regular Chimhazzard.

You can't edgeguard with Cloud because of it, and the Meta is moving into a direction where proper edgeguarding is very important.

To be honest I haven't figured out how to properly use Finishing Touch either =P, but Super Armor would mean that any damage above 40% means that all you have to do is charge in and use down B.

@Warren: Hmmm... perhaps... mayyyyybeee, you could get away with giving Limit Break Climhazzard Super Armor to make safer recovery, especially given its power isn't that great compared to other Limit Breaks.

Bobsican said:
Warren Valion said:
You can't edgeguard with Cloud because of it, and the Meta is moving into a direction where proper edgeguarding is very important.
https://youtu.be/V3UYI1gqFI4?t=7
This is the part where the spike happens
What I meant by edgeguarding is that being able to attack an opponent more than 4 feet out from the stage without dying. In otherwords, Off-stage edgeguarding.

You can't fall while doing a dair and expect to get back to the ledge for instance.

I picked up Cloud a little over a week ago, from maining Link and Ganondorf - and learning that he can't edgeguard was the biggest hurdle to overcome before I saw any sucess with the characater.

Cloud can't edgeguard, but luckily his ledgetrap game is really good to somewhat make up for it.

Using D-Air with Cloud like that at best is a suicide unless you still have your second jump still avaiable and having the Limit-Up Special also avaiable.

You´re better just charging the Limit Gauge while the other comes back, Neutral Special and F-Air can also help, as seen in the video above.

Bobsican said:
Using D-Air with Cloud like that at best is a suicide unless you still have your second jump still avaiable and having the Limit-Up Special also avaiable.
You´re better just charging the Limit Gauge while the other comes back, Neutral Special and F-Air can also help, as seen in the video above.
That's exactly my point, and why I think his Recovery needs a buff - so he can off-stage edgeguard.

While we are at that sort of stuff, Marth and Lucina need less endlag when using D-Air, using it to edgeguard like that leads to the endlag easily killing you due to their fast falling speed.

Bobsican said:
While we are at that sort of stuff, Marth and Lucina need less endlag when using D-Air, using it to edgeguard like that leads to the endlag easily killing you due to their fast falling speed.
If any Fire Emblem Character needs a buff, it's Ike and Chorm with their shit recovery.

Back