• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

Honestly my technique is just Sans my way through fights, dealing chip damage till I get the Final Smash and Ocotopus them out of the stage.

I also learnt that Giga Bowser gets knock back from Judge 9. Somehow.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
My Falcon can never beat Ganon. Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man, Sonic, Mii Brawler or Bowser? Sure. But my Falcon? I get this man to his last stock and somehow finds a way to cheese me almost every time.
That's because you aren't worthy of the cosmic power of Falcon.

Let me give you an example, my hands down cheesiest game ever was against my friend John where he was Ganondorf, and I was Captain Falcon.

I literally just Falcon Punch'd him over and over again, and he kept just walking into it. With each consecutive punch, the angrier he got, and the sloppier he played.

I just kept taunting that he'd never beat me with my main since I know how bad players play Ganondorf. I never laughed so hard.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Just...beating it. Even 2 Stars Spirits are very hard, I doubt I could manage to do anything against a 4 Star one.
Honestly don't think I'll manage, lol
Plebian

Oh fighting players with Falcon when they're Ganon isn't as nerve racking as level 9 Ganon (just from experience). The ones that played Ganon when I was Falcon I usually win, but when I fight the level 9 AI? Cheese. Damn near every time.

Bruh a ******* early game bosses deals 170% damage to me in a single hit. I'd like to see you against nonsense like that.

Honestly my technique is just Sans my way through fights, dealing chip damage till I get the Final Smash and Ocotopus them out of the stage.
I also learnt that Giga Bowser gets knock back from Judge 9. Somehow.
Sans your way is obligatory, as let´s just say practically all Legend 4 star spirits 2 hit kill you.at most

And let´s not start with Galeem/Dharkon, but at least it´s possible.

Bruh a ******* early game bosses deals 170% damage to me in a single hit. I'd like to see you against nonsense like that.
See, at that point, you'll have to activate Ultra instinct and bob & weave.

Either that or co-op for WoL gets implemented so we can abuse the real superpower of teamwork

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Oh fighting players with Falcon when they're Ganon isn't as nerve racking as level 9 Ganon (just from experience). The ones that played Ganon when I was Falcon I usually win, but when I fight the level 9 AI? Cheese. Damn near every time.
That's because most Ganon players suck. They constantly approach with either Wizard's Foot or Flame Choke, and they spam Smash Attacks like no tomorrow.

But a good Ganon is disgustingly oppressive and never gives the opponent a moment of freedom. Here's a good video on how to beat him.

My good friend Kole finds all Level 9 CPUs to be a joke, but he refuses to play against me when I go Ganon.

So I go Link, my main since Brawl, and still kick his ass.

I'm sorry, but I don't converse with peasants.

Also imo, while WoL is better in term of gameplay (It's more fun), SSE was better in term of woa and "story".

With WoL, unlock double final smash and use Ridley, Bayonetta, Bowser, joker etc for the instant kill. Makes certain fights with super armor much easier. Cloud also tears through bosses because he gets his entire limit back when you hit anything for some reason.

Pretty sure one of the fights is just straight up impossible no spirits though, the one on that island that's basically a DPS test.

Also imo, while WoL is better in term of gameplay (It's more fun), SSE was better in term of woa and "story".
^This

I hated the platforming and fighitng random original creatures in Subspace, and it's why I never beat it more than once.

But those cutscenes and storytelling were ******* amazing, there was so much heart and character in every scene that I adored watching through it all over the weekend. Made me so nostalgic.

It was a New Game+ so I already have all the characters and upgrades.

I think that G&W's Octopus is better than the 100% KO ones, since you can cheese a kill much earlier than 100%. And usually, you can easily KO something already at 100%, so it's not like the Final Smash is really needed in those cases.

That reminds me, is olimar still mechanically broken in world of light? Haven't played it since I got 99.7% and gave up on finding the literally 2 fights i must have missed.

Wokistan said:
With WoL, unlock double final smash and use Ridley, Bayonetta, Bowser, joker etc for the instant kill. Makes certain fights with super armor much easier. Cloud also tears through bosses because he gets his entire limit back when you hit anything for some reason.
Pretty sure one of the fights is just straight up impossible no spirits though, the one on that island that's basically a DPS test.
Arceus is also practically impossible without spirits, TBH.

Giant Corrin + Arceus right at the start that will gladly take you out of the screen if you are in the air (Hold on... the new update nerfed it, meaning that you no longer get out of the stage if you´re in the air at the upper main area, NOT the platforms) + Heavy Wind that´s stronger than Jiggly´s aerial movement = ded

Pretty sure it was fixed since then. Also, about the 2 missing fight, the Temple of Light (and maybe other areas) can sometimes show 100% completion rate despite missing some spirits. It's what caused me to miss a single spirit there forever in my 100% completion.

Bowsers kills at like 60. It's great for the ones with super armor, heavy, metal, giant, etc.

I honestly think the hardest battle by far was giga Mac. Pauline and lady wasn't bad at all, just use snake.

I don't remember having that much trouble with him the first time I beat him, yet now I can't beat him at all on the Spirit Board.

Wokistan said:
I honestly think the hardest battle by far was giga Mac. Pauline and lady wasn't bad at all, just use snake.
Yeah, Giga Mac was ******* annoying. Getting good at grabs, perfect parrying, and rolling is crucial to fight that fight without spirits.

Wokistan said:
Absolutely Safe Capsule, Paula or Hades are the best choices against Giga Mac, especially considering Palutena can actually make him flinch with the Side Special, and Ness/Lucas moves can be spammed from a safe distance.

Wokistan said:
That reminds me, is olimar still mechanically broken in world of light? Haven't played it since I got 99.7% and gave up on finding the literally 2 fights i must have missed.
Did you fight Galeem and Dharkon separately as well as together?

Pretty sure I beat giga Mac via stacking akuma onto Ridley and hitting a critical down B that instantly killed him.

That reminds me, Ridley sorta snaps the difficulty of super armor stamina fights in half.

Did you guys switch to a bunch of different characters in WoL or did y'all just stick with one or two choices?

I initially did Kirby for his great air mobility, then switch to Falcon because he's Falcon.

Then I went with Link, untill I got Ganondorf - then I beat the rest of the game with him.

I have a spirit team for a few characters. I just switch between those whenever I need a good type matchup.

Octopus for G&W

Metroid Queen for Ridley

Omega Ridley for Ridley

Bird Trio for Incineroar & Jiggly

Paper Bowser for Piranha Plant

etc.

Made my first run on hard mode.

I used olimar until he got patched because he was just broken as hell.

After that, Bowser for the instant kill, Ridley for stamina, snake for general stuff, cloud for bosses.

Warren Valion said:
Did you guys switch to a bunch of different characters in WoL or did y'all just stick with one or two choices?
I initially did Kirby for his great air mobility, then switch to Falcon because he's Falcon.

Then I went with Link, untill I got Ganondorf - then I beat the rest of the game with him.
I always cycle between what´s needed for the case.

My most used ones are just cycling across the Kid Icarus spirits with Dark Pit/Palutena (Medusa, Hades and Pandora really are not something to be ignored)

And for special cases, Baby Mario for Yoshi with Gold Mario for Super Armor is just broken, and then there´s stacking Soma Cruz with 3 Giant Killers while using Simon/Richter, it´s actually worth it.

Oh, and there´s Kirby (Daroach, Dyna Blade, Marx), when I feel like spamming.

And others for whenever I simply want to use someone else. Recently I´ve started to break the habit of only using spirits from the same series as the one I´m playing as as Joker´s main spirits are lame, like, Marx unboosted is better than Morgana, for example.

Also is it me or is the Phantom Thief of Hearts spirit battle super hard.

Not "annoying hard" like Pauline or Lady, but fun hard.

Who are you guys playing in normal gameay, and how well does that match with world of light?

I'm mainly playing fox, wolf, snake, peach, and joker. Fox and Snake are easily my best, but of those ones in WoL I only used snake. Brother plays mainly link and Pikachu, hasn't done WoL yet.

Wokistan said:
Who are you guys playing in normal gameay, and how well does that match with world of light?
I'm mainly playing fox, wolf, snake, peach, and joker. Fox and Snake are easily my best, but of those ones in WoL I only used snake. Brother plays mainly link and Pikachu, hasn't done WoL yet.
I listed both who I play in WoL and gave a picture of who I play in the main game.

Basically the same.

Also is it me or is the Phantom Thief of Hearts spirit battle super hard.
Not "annoying hard" like Pauline or Lady, but fun hard.
Medusa, then stack to it Azura/Transformation Duration+ spirits and use Dark Pit.

If you´re fast enought, the first three guys are dead before your Giant effect disappears.

Oh, and Joker is the last one with the sudden Final Smash once he reaches 50% of damage, but by that time you also get a final smash avaiable after dealing out that much damage to the past ones, just try to use it when he´s close to 50% and then just one shot him.

Don't give me tips, I'm dumb and brute force my way through everything unless it's something like Wind or fire everywhere. But even then...

Dr. Wily makes me curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. ;-;

Also, strange thing happened in WoL the other day. I was fighting Buggsy, just a Ridley that likes to Side Special a lot on the Green Greens stage, when he grabbed me one time and we both went through the blocks and under the stage. So, basically, he committed a grab suicide like a Bowser Side Special, which was kinda funny.

Dr. Willy? Mega Diancie, enought said.

Otherwise any decent Grab type with a Franklin Badge support spirit does it.

Starter Pack said:
Dr. Wily makes me curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. ;-;
Also, strange thing happened in WoL the other day. I was fighting Buggsy, just a Ridley that likes to Side Special a lot on the Green Greens stage, when he grabbed me one time and we both went through the blocks and under the stage. So, basically, he committed a grab suicide like a Bowser Side Special, which was kinda funny.
Just use Lucus or Ness.

Absorb the projectiles to heal when low, and then beat the shit out of them.

Back