• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

Allowing Ike to do Side Special then immediately Up Special should be good enought.

As for Chrom, Maybe increasing by 2 the duration of the spinning part of his Up Special while also increasing the lateral movement of it (so it appears almost as if just floating via spinning), would also make him more different than Ike in combo methodology, the damage of it is reduced so it isn´t twice as broken in offensive, of course.

Bobsican said:
Allowing Ike to do Side Special then immediately Up Special should be good enought.
Speaking of that, as a Ganondorf main.

Why can't I use my up-specical after using my side special?

Ganon's like the only one in the game that has to deal with that bullshit.

Meanwhile I'm here, with G&W, who's literally unable to go helpless without Pacman's trampoline and thus flexes on nearly the entire cast's recovery.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Meanwhile I'm here, with G&W, who's literally unable to go helpless without Pacman's trampoline and thus flexes on nearly the entire cast's recovery.
I hate G&W's new F-Air.

Meanwhile I'm here with Kirby taunting "Hi!" while I watch a fighter with terrible recovery fall to their death trying to get back on the stage.

Ganondorf with good recovery would be too much (As in, that would turm him kinda broken), plus both moves involve grabbing.

Howver, another buff I woud do would be allowing Shulk to grab the edge while using Side Special.

Bobsican said:
Ganondorf with good recovery would be too much (As in, that would turm him kinda broken), plus both moves involve grabbing.
Howver, another buff I woud do would be allowing Shulk to grab the edge while using Side Special.
Ganon would not be broken at all. What are you talking about?

His recovery would still be just as gimpable as it is now.

It's just dumb that out of like 80 characters, Ganon's the only one who can't use their up-special right after their side-special.

G&W's new F-Air is kinda bad in general but it's the perfect for cheesing out kills. Which is like the main reason to even play G&W. He's just one big cheese.

G&W's new F-Air is kinda bad in general but it's the perfect for cheesing out kills. Which is like the main reason to even play G&W. He's just one big cheese.
It's kind of good at eating through shields, but I just use his B-Air for attacks now.

Anyway, I just play G&W to get sick 9s.

I would play as Mr. G&W more if his series had better main spirits, same thing for Inkling.

I mean, Prince of Sable >>> Octopus, at least for my playstyle, as grabs aren´t something I use often.

Also, by they way, I think Kid Icarus is the series with the best sort of main spirits.

I mean:

For attack type, Medusa leads into quick wins by spamming smash attacks and aerials.

For Shield type, Hades is literally the spirit with the highest attack stat with 2 side slots avaiable (turning him in practically the best Shield type spirit around), and thanks to his ability, in damage output it can be comparable to Akuma if you give him Manaphy or Azura (for the Pits, once again).

And for Grab type, Amazon Pandora brings a nice alternative for the Grab type for this series by being the strongest 3 star spirit in the game.

No wonder now I main Dark Pit and Palutena now.

It's better than some series not having 4 stars primary spirits at all.
Well, we have Prince of Sable for Shield type, and Isaac and Sukapon for Grab type.

The problem is Attack type, Akira is around, but his stats on the other hand...

And yeah, I know that problem, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, R.O.B., Splatoon and Animal Crossing suffer that., and while the last two have decent 3 stars primary spirits, their stats don´t mix well enought even with their nice abilities.

TartaChocholate said:
@Warren: Ike can't use Quick Draw and Aether together either, can he? Or at least I don't remember he could.
There's some lag in-between the moves which makes it impossbile to use it to recover, but yes, you can use Aether after Quickdraw,

Warren Valion said:
There's some lag in-between the moves which makes it impossbile to use it to recover, but yes, you can use Aether after Quickdraw,
You mean on the floor? Even Captain Falcon can do that.

Bobsican said:
Warren Valion said:
You mean on the floor? Even Captain Falcon can do that.
No, I said to recover.

Like, you are in the air, and trying to get back on stage.

@Warrior: Ah, gotcha. The lag is pretty big though, because I did try many times but connecting them wasn't possible to the point it really seemed that quickdraw left Ike helpless.

TartaChocholate said:
@Warrior: Ah, gotcha. The lag is pretty big though, because I did try many times but connecting them wasn't possible to the point it really seemed that quickdraw left Ike helpless.
Oh yeah, it totally an unviable option and removing the lag would be a nice buff for Ike, but at least he still can use it.

Unlike Ganondorf.

Bobsican said:

Shulk's side special already grabs the ledge, you just have to be at a certain height to do so.

TartaChocholate said:
It's better than some series not having 4 stars primary spirits at all.
Or FF with no spirits whatsoever >_>
We didn´t even got the stuff in Midgar as spirits.

FF is the series that lacks content the most, TBH.

Not even more FF OST around, Sephiroth as an assist trophy, let alone some remix in.

@Bobsican: Comes as odd given how much effort was put into Cloud's implementation back in Smash 4. And really sticks out how all third parties get quite a bit of stuff, but Cloud and FF are pretty bare bones this time around.

TartaChocholate said:
@Bobsican: Comes as odd given how much effort was put into Cloud's implementation back in Smash 4. And really sticks out how all third parties get quite a bit of stuff, but Cloud and FF are pretty bare bones this time around.
He didn´t even got actual concept art for his fighter spirit illustration, literally just the picture used in is Ultimate render.

Apparently the stuff from his series is expensive (or so I´ve heard), but this is absurd.

Now I wonder how the Geno Mii costume in Smash 4 was even a thing.

Kiet Nguyen Tuan said:
I'm glad there's no major nerf tbh. I need to see more buff for the "low tiers"
Ganondorf and Pichu are more vulnerable than before, apparently.

And here I am stlll wondering when will some actual change to differenciate Simon from Richter will happen (no, fire being water isn´t enought, not many use Olimar/Alph).

Bobsican said:
Kiet Nguyen Tuan said:
I'm glad there's no major nerf tbh. I need to see more buff for the "low tiers"
Ganondorf and Pichu are more vulnerable than before, apparently.
And here I am stlll wondering when will some actual change to differenciate Simon from Richter will happen (no, fire being water isn´t enought, not many use Olimar/Alph).
Well Pichu really needed it, while Ganondorf always loses 90% of neutral from being combo stringed anyway, so it really doesn't make a difference.

He still kills in like three hits, and I am really glad that is the case.

@Bobsican: There are many rumors around, but as you say it's odd. Given how much they worked to get him in the first place and the detail in Smash 4 it's unlikely it was Nintendo who was apathetic towards Cloud and FF. I'm guessing Square Enix is being the issue, but not gonna point fingers until something proven actually comes up. The only thing that more or less is certain is that Cloud's English VA, Steve Burton is union and his contract states he's the only one who can voice Cloud in English, reason why Cloud is the only speaking japanese in Ultimate.

Back