• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If we assume Yoshi the star child ends up being the main yoshi then it could be the Yoshi in the following games: Super Mario World (and it's remake), Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros (Minigames), New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii U (And remake), all Mario maker games, Super Mario Run, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Bros Wonder, Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Tetris Attack, Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Yoshi Touch & Go, all green Yoshi skins in Mario kart games, Tennis games, golf games, Baseball games, Strikers games, Party games, Game & Watch Gallery games, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mario Sports Mix, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Itadaki Street DS, Fortune Street, and Mario Sports Superstars

One it is debatable Mario party stars and power stars are the same, two the feat would require more than 10x the characters lifting strength given how far Bowser was throw, third them have a multiplier instead of flat rating would put 3-C into question

I don't see how 3-C would be called in to question, when we already know the Power Stars can create galaxies and shit, and the main cast scale to pummeling the enemies who are empowered by it

the Power Stars themselves are 3-C, while those who are empowered by it get amped above its baseline value

Lumas create galaxies that debatably contain power power stars or formed near power stars, a grand star is also shown to create a galaxy but only when put in a reactor or generator and given Bowser got amped again by eat a grand star a second time I would question scaling to the star's full power, to my knowledge a power star never creates a galaxy the Mario party 9 intro makes me question the size of stars in Mario

Lumas create galaxies that debatably contain power power stars or formed near power stars,

I don't get the skepticism on the galaxy feat for a Luma, the shit ain't confusing

Power Stars are stated to be a mature form of a Luma, placing them above in power, no? no need to question them either

a grand star is also shown to create a galaxy but only when put in a reactor or generator

whether it's used in Bowser's Galaxy Reactor or not shouldn't matter, they're regarded as superior to a Power Star, since Bowser favored their power of the latter's

logically, they should be capable of replicating the same feat

and given Bowser got amped again by eat a grand star a second time I would question scaling to the star's full power,

why.. would you question Bowser scaling to the full power of a Grand Star, this isn't the same situation with the Dream Stone

this is the same Grand Star he had just moments prior to being brutalized by Mario

to my knowledge a power star never creates a galaxy the Mario party 9 intro makes me question the size of stars in Mario

both have enough in common to be considered the same

I am never really going to be satisfied with the Mario cast’s tiering for the most part but I think it’s just unqualifiable degree higher with the power stars and that feat is an outlier given Mario’s normal lifting strength based on the castle toss should easily be able to lift bowser unless he is normally incredibly dense and he throws bowser farther than in 64 when he has at least 70 power stars

Also fun fact using e=mc^2 on a 2 trillion solar masses which is a bit larger than the first listed of the Milky Way’s mass on google is only 3.57543e+59 joules so they should technically be 4-A but we assume creating a galaxy is equivalent to destroying it despite them mostly being empty space

The context of the other amp was mega heracross who also got an amp to their other stats that said if you wanted to argue it I don’t think people would disagree it is more that some people use Occam’s razor as a hard rule instead of a guideline.

I saw wonder seed power null being mentioned before and isn’t it also used to unlock levels blocked by bowser’s piranha plants
Seemingly, but IDK if making Pirhana Plants disappear is "Power Nullification". Maybe if the levels are actually magically sealed, but I think the Pirhana Plants being present when it's inaccessible & disappearing when it becomes accessible is indicative that the levels probably aren't magically sealed so much as they have big plants obstructing entry to them.

doesn't seem like a reliable comparison, since that seems like a special case for Heracross specifically, as mentioned by someone a few posts below

Power Stars can grant an increase to all stats, why would the only known feat to include a multiplier apply solely to a single statistic?

Heracross is agreed to get a buff to all stats from mega evolving. If you believe Mario should be at least 10 times stronger with power star you can add that to your next crt but I am unsure it will succeed I am willing to support your side as in case you didn’t see my comments I disagreed with the conclusion they made.

I get that the power stars are the power of the castle presumably but I find it interesting that bowser refers to it as the power of the stars, Mario and the game refer to it as the power of the castle which the power stars rightfully belongs while Bowser referring to it as the power of the stars shows he doesn't care about how he got the power as much as that the power is his

Looking at the geno blog I would like to note for base geno he should not have inorganic physiology due to wood being organic matter you can give him resistant to bone and blood manipulation on account of him not having either. Bodily Weaponry and Body Control this it might also be Regen given he gets a new hand after launching it at someone and exploding, geno boost should give damage reduction, I am not sure that they should have bonus flowers as equipment

Given they are drops dependent on the enemies he fights that are never on his person beyond maybe a few seconds and the I am unsure whether they are used by the characters immediately or just automatically buff the person who beat up their holder.

Does anyone know how I can prove the black hole at the end of Super Mario Galaxy is legitimate? I've been trying to calculate it for a while now.

I just made an updated version of my attempt at giving the Super Mario Bros a 3-B rating here.

I will explain my issues with each,
Summary: the stage is not directly acknowledged in game ever so it would be like: The stage is where the battles in PM TTYD take place in. As Mario levels up the theater is improved having more seating, nozzles, and falling objects.

Size: We only seem to see a small part of it not above the stage with falling objects, behind curtains, or where the audience walks in from.

Environment: It is a theater, then a seemingly bigger theater, then a seemingly bigger theater, then a seemingly bigger theater. Sadly I think that won't be adequate.

Tier: Most damage in this game is single digits so it's not real clear if it is doing boss level damage or fodder level damage

Semi-unrelatedly, SMBW has had an in-person playable demo at some events.
In the level "Scram, Skedaddlers!", the Wonder Event summons Super Stars raining like a meteor shower, granting invincibility.

I've yet to see anyone clear a level while a Wonder Event is still active, as they end when the Wonder Seed is collected.
I've also yet to see anyone defeat a Bulrush.

Back