• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
1544609.jpg

MP8 is also one that I feel is fairly underrated. Of course it’s not the best but it’s certainly one that I really enjoy! Koopa’s Tycoon Town is also an amazing board even though it’s basically Monopoly and Mario Party mixed together lol!

OK, but is no one going to mention the fact that the final boss fight of the first Luigi's Mansion game looks like it takes place in HELL?

Last edited:
Actually, I got a good question. Assume Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, and most of the cast besides enemies have a 1-C or 2-A key. Crate a fake statement as proof for them or nonsense reasoning as why they are said key

I don't think he should get the powers of the X bosses besides the one that is just him. The other X Bosses are recreations of other characters, it would give him some weird form of biological manipulation and power mimicry but he shouldn't just get all their abilities.

I don't think he should get the powers of the X bosses besides the one that is just him. The other X Bosses are recreations of other characters, it would give him some weird form of biological manipulation and power mimicry but he shouldn't just get all their abilities.
Okay that makes sense
Reading the Mario wiki the x bosses are based on the memories the brothers have of the bosses so given he also created bowser memory ML some kind of memory manipulation seems possible.

Minor Question: which decade should the Donkey Kong category be tagged under on this wiki? The series technically started in the arcade era in the 80s, but aside from maybe Cranky Kong, all our DK profiles are from the Donkey Kong Country beginning in the 90s.

Do any of y'all ever think about how the wiki treats the Wario and Donkey Kong games as their own canons completely unrelated to Mario for no good reason?
What's even more confusing is that Nintendo said that Sunshine takes place after Mario 64, yet Bowser is supposed to be out of commission after Mario 64 (because in Luigi's Mansion, Madame Clairvoya did say that Bowser was "destroyed").

What's even more confusing is that Nintendo said that Sunshine takes place after Mario 64, yet Bowser is supposed to be out of commission after Mario 64 (because in Luigi's Mansion, Madame Clairvoya did say that Bowser was "destroyed").
The guy has mid high regen

It's because people didn't like DK and Wario being so high when their games have them perform feats that are lesser than the accepted tiers.

Silly but that's likely why otherwise it really is for no good reason. Similarly for the people who don't believe in Mario high-ends Wario and DK are separate for having generally the highest displayed feats apparently.

Anyways, Rosalina's power move for the new Strikers has her casually punt the ball into deep space, encircle a soccer-like planet, and then come barreling down back towards her as a comet. She of course reacts to this and it produces ice.

If there was ever any doubt before Rosalina has come through for us with an easy and casual MFTL feat for Mario that literally no one can deny. Though now that I say that I'm expecting arguments against it from "they don't scale to Rosalina" to "it's a gag!" to "outlier!!"

It's because people didn't like DK and Wario being so high when their games have them perform feats that are lesser than the accepted tiers.

Silly but that's likely why otherwise it really is for no good reason. Similarly for the people who don't believe in Mario high-ends Wario and DK are separate for having generally the highest displayed feats apparently.
I’ve seen DK fans that were even upset with the moon punching feat from DKC Returns. Saying it “breaks the world” by making DK too powerful. Though they were not part of the VS community.

Anyways, Rosalina's power move for the new Strikers has her casually punt the ball into deep space, encircle a soccer-like planet, and then come barreling down back towards her as a comet. She of course reacts to this and it produces ice.

If there was ever any doubt before Rosalina has come through for us with an easy and casual MFTL feat for Mario that literally no one can deny. Though now that I say that I'm expecting arguments against it from "they don't scale to Rosalina" to "it's a gag!" to "outlier!!"
Better add Ice Manipulation to the ever growing list of base Rosalina's powers/abilities then.

Wait DK punching the moon is Planet Level???
Ideally yes, though.

In practice we just take the size in cutscenes to be the actual size when literally everything tells us it should be the actual Moon DK punched since the Marioverse Moon is literally roughly the same size as our own. The ONLY reason it's treated differently is because of the size in the cutscene and BECAUSE we have the different keys, treating DKC as it's own thing. But even then I've found showings of the Moon in DKC before and we have no reason to assume it suddenly shrank in size.

Much like many other things in the verse sizes are inconsistent for artistic measures, but the implications are that they are the sizes they should be, like the castle, the moon, the planets (literally everything that's not Galaxy shows the Earth as pretty much regular planet-sized but within the Galaxy games it's noticeably much smaller), etc.

So yeah, in actuality I DO think DK's Moon Punch taking the actual size of the Moon into consideration is the accurate one and shouldn't be treated as illegitimate. But I know that's a tough case to convey to others, even though the examples of sizes changing for aesthetics, gameplay purposes, and artistic reasons just to make shit fit on the screen are practically innumerable in Mario.

I prefer the moon being smaller than the irl one because I think it's funny that a game called Donkey Kong Country has a country level feat

Yeah but for legitimacy sake the actual Moon size is probably the most accurate. We've done this for other verses with no reason to assume the moons are as small as they look in gameplay so I don't see why Mario would be the special exception.

Back