• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
theyre still capable of doing it, the tms dont make them any stronger, and why wouldnt me include tms any, could just be a separate ability tabber

theyre still capable of doing it, the tms dont make them any stronger, and why wouldnt me include tms any, could just be a separate ability tabber
I reiterate, the profiles are for wild Pokémon. Wild Pokémon don’t have access to TMs. If you want TM moves to be put on the profiles, make a CRT to change the standards.

I know due to game mechanics they treat them equal but a baby Pokémon rain dance ≠ second stage rain dance. Weaker mon rain dance will be weaker than stronger mon rain dance or any other power or weather effect

The 3 legendary birds literally nearly destroyed the world by ******* up with the weather. And mewtwo nearly did that with a wave of his hand

whether they get tm abilities or not doesnt really matter for scaling, tms only give abilities, they arent strength boosts in any way, the baby pokemon that can learn weather moves via tms are still that strong whether they actually have the tm learned or not

I’m fine with the 8-A+ Cleffa feat if someone can link it (the feat is considered 8-C to my knowledge), but I think moves like Sunny Day would just be Weather Manipulation. The first type is literally called “changing the weather,” which is what these moves do

but I think moves like Sunny Day would just be Weather Manipulation. The first type is literally called “changing the weather,” which is what these moves do
I mean, seeing as there are pokemon whose entire schtick is that they change weather as attacks, like Dragonair, and other pokemon whose tiers come from changing the weather by existing, such as Moltres, on top of weather manip being a byproduct of Thunder, Blizzard, and Hurricane, i dont see why they cant be used

high 6-C baby pokemon
th

New animations for Thunder seem to involve just creating a smaller cloud directly above the target though, so I’m not sure how this s will go

New animations for Thunder seem to involve just creating a smaller cloud directly above the target though, so I’m not sure how this s will go
While true, considering the overall downgrade in animations GameFreak has exhibit these past generations, it's also kinda eh

But for the sake of making comparisons:
From Gen 3 to Gen 5 it showed the big clouds and beyond

While starting from Gen 6 onwards, it shows a relatively small cloud overhead.

Here's also a video to showcase the difference throughout the generations.

Yeah. And then we got stuff like changing the AP of lightning because GF decided to animate it differently in the next game. Why are we doing this

Yeah. And then we got stuff like changing the AP of lightning because GF decided to animate it differently in the next game. Why are we doing this
That's the nature of having to scale a game. We look for consistency. If it's deemed that the small animation is the more consistent one, so be it. Stop whining and complaining, it gets really tiresome.

i think thisd at least be a "at least (small cloud result), possibly (large cloud result)" type thing
I would personally disagree. I prefer favoring consistency, and because of GF's insistence on downgrading the animations, I wouldn't disagree with determining that Thunder is not consistent enough to be used for scaling.

Instead, there's also Snow Warning being shown through Abomasnow in X&Y to have enough range to cover a mountain and an entire town iirc, and that might be a better feat (unless it's determined that, because it comes from a fully evolved mon, it shouldn't be used to scale lower stages).

Edit: Found the calc
Note: Cal had also done a version of this calc here but both the timeframe used was considered an issue, and the method became outdated

Last edited:
I mean I’d prefer to just stick with the Cleffa feat since using in-game animations in a series with so many varied animations is jank af

That's the nature of having to scale a game. We look for consistency. If it's deemed that the small animation is the more consistent one, so be it. Stop whining and complaining, it gets really tiresome.
Whining and complaining when all I'm doing is pointing out genuine concerns

If it gets tiresome for you then ignore it. I didnt ask for your comment?

C'mon

Snow Warning ain’t really relevant because no baby Pokémon get that ability
I believe it would still raise the value of first stage mons anyway, considering alolan vulpix and snover have it. Specially because it's a passive ability, so their actual moves should be stronger.

Creating a snowstorm is a common feat, listed at 8.83 megatons (7-B)

Not sure if I fully agree, as you’d need to prove that it goes all the way to the horizon.

Creating a snowstorm is a common feat, listed at 8.83 megatons (7-B)

Not sure if I fully agree, as you’d need to prove that it goes all the way to the horizon.
It isn't needed. Check the link for the feat. We have a distance calculated already. The result was 50 megatons.

It isn't needed. Check the link for the feat. We have a distance calculated already. The result was 50 megatons.
Looks very iffy, especially because this seems to be an important moment involving this particular Abomasnow. Scaling that to first stage Pokémon doesn’t make sense to me

So was looking at Elekid's bulbapedia page, and found this:
"This Pokémon is constantly fighting with Togedemaru that try to steal its electricity. It’s a pretty even match." – Moon

So... Where did we get the notion that baby pokémon are weaker than first stage?

I’d also like to ask where we got the idea of certain fully evolved Route 1 bugs only being comparable to second stage mons. See Beedrill and Butterfree.
That too, im not sure where it comes from game-wise other than maybe stat totals but we dont use that as a means of tiering, and im almost positive theres nothing other than them being prey for certain pokemon that implies theyre overall weaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back