• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It sealed Princess Peach, but that doesn't really matter in regards to whether the 71 layers thing is legit or not.
Peach technically wasn't released when the 70 Stars were earned to pass the infinite staircase, but a bit after Mario's collecting of the big star Bowser relinquished upon his defeat at Bowser in the Sky.
How do we know it wasn't just that big star Bowser gave up which also made Mario sprout a wing cap & fly off all sparkly that released Peach, or some kind of Bowser's dark magic that may or may not be related to Power Stars?

Also, should mario (and people who can use power stars) be above baseline with power star amps? Theres a lot of stat amp abilities either way

Peach technically wasn't released when the 70 Stars were earned to pass the infinite staircase, but a bit after Mario's collecting of the big star Bowser relinquished upon his defeat at Bowser in the Sky.
How do we know it wasn't just that big star Bowser gave up which also made Mario sprout a wing cap & fly off all sparkly that released Peach, or some kind of Bowser's dark magic that may or may not be related to Power Stars?
To be honest I don't get what you're even asking, I mentioned Bowser can seal living beings and you're responding to what what I said by asking, what exactly? You're bringing up what undoes the seal on her but I don't know what any of this has to do with me saying that Bowser sealed her away because your questions aren't even about that, they're about what undoes the seal at the end of the game.

To be honest I don't get what you're even asking, I mentioned Bowser can seal living beings and you're responding to what what I said by asking, what exactly? You're bringing up what undoes the seal on her but I don't know what any of this has to do with me saying that Bowser sealed her away because your questions aren't even about that, they're about what undoes the seal at the end of the game.
I'm asking if it's possible Bowser sealed Peach through means independent of the 70 (Or 71.) Stars.

Could he have used his own dark magic? (IIRC, he's been said to have it, like in the SMB manual about turning the inhabitants into plants, brick blocks, etc.)
Could she have been sealed by Bowser using just the big Power Star Bowser relinquishes?

If his sealing is 71 layered because 71 Power Stars, then shouldn't we be sure the Power Stars were involved?

& also I was bringing up that TECHNICALLY, all obtaining 70 Stars does is make the Infinite Staircase not Infinite anymore. Whatever the means she was sealed with, Peach isn't freed from Bowser once Mario collects a 70th Star.
Arguably, the Big Power Star is more connected to her being what unsealed her, & if it's closer to her unsealing, it may also be closer to her sealing.

Sorry if that's confusing. No offense meant.

Anyone got the source for Kamek and Bowser mind controlling Yoshi's Island in Tetris Attack? The Mario wiki says that they do but I can't find where it comes from.

I'm pretty sure only Kamek did the spell, when you confront him Kamek refers to it as just his spell instead of Bowser having anything to do with it besides maybe ordering Kamek to do it

I also wanna point out if baby Mario can compete alongside Adult Mario, long term Accelerated development is questionable, they seem to get weaker when not adventuring so more temporary spikes may be possible.

I also wanna point out if baby Mario can compete alongside Adult Mario, long term Accelerated development is questionable, they seem to get weaker when not adventuring so more temporary spikes may be possible.
Does that mean we should give Mario Accelerated Development?

No think that way, you're on to something yourself. It's going to take awhile for me to bring everything though.

I am weary I am not sure if everyone remembers but once this site rated goombas as 10-C. Mario was once not cosmic level based on what I heard about the time before I came to the site, then he was 4-C, 4-A, Low 2-C, 4-A again, 3-C, the split we made one profile on before undoing except Paper Mario whic we only recently had fixed by AStrangeverse. I remember conceptual paint, an argument about Wario and donkey Kong not needing to different keys because the name of the game. I remember when people like Weeb, Fox, and I’m blue were leading discussions about Mario.

Yeahhh i was there when fox and weeb were the main mario pioneers for the site. He wasnt as haxed but as you mentioned I do recall mario jumping tiers every month or so. The only non cosmic mario thread I could find is a versus match of him against solid snake which had the key “smb galaxy mario is used”

I said it in a server but zamn i really did consider making a mario crt that could hopefully merge back the paper profiles not only for him but also luigi bowser peach or what not. But im discouraged by the fact of how easy it is for mario threads to get shot down and fra trains. Who knows 🤷‍♂️😂

Thanks. But can we please chill for a bit? I mean I have a CRT in my sandbox plotted for it, but it seems like I am going to rush it if we jump the gun. It takes time like the SB one I made, but you all can trust when I deliver, I deliver good when everything is aligned.
Dont rush it, keep everything polished. Take all the time you need,
It's important to take your time with these things, yeah. Kind of extreme example (in content matter lol), but I spent at least a few weeks creating and refining a blog for the cosmology of Fear and Hunger, made a general discussion to talk about it and get the verse itself started to further refine it, finally made a CRT about a couple of weeks ago for further discussion on the matter, and overall, I doubt it would have been accepted and found largely agreeable had I not gone through the painstaking process to make it as polished as possible, and have most of the evidence both substantiated and consistent.
We are rebuilding the Mario community on the site. Now in the recent past I disagreed with several potential upgrades but it’s because I don’t want the profile to have questionable content that leads off the rails fra trains.
Also hi all I'd like to help the process of rebuilding.

Mario was once not cosmic level based on what I heard about the time before I came to the site, then he was 4-C, 4-A, Low 2-C, 4-A again, 3-C, the split we made one profile on before undoing except Paper Mario whic we only recently had fixed by AStrangeverse.
Yeah, whatever happened to Mario and his paper counterpart being one profile, anyway? I thought they were essentially the same character.

Back