• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the characters aren't depowered with the Elephant Power-Up once they're hit by an enemy

thought that was interesting to point out

further into the video, I noticed the cast aren't depowered while using a Fire Flower, then bumping into a Bulrush

so perhaps bumping into enemies doesn't remove the power up from your character anymore?

Something else to note is that Luigi gets crushed in the treehouse showcase but instead of dying instantly like in most other games he just takes normal damage and loses the drill powerup.

the characters aren't depowered with the Elephant Power-Up once they're hit by an enemy

thought that was interesting to point out

Oh neat, at 12:46 they manage to defeat a Bulrush. It involves smacking it with the trunk &/or ground pounding it (While in Elephant Form.) while the Bulrush is dazed from a collision with a wall.
Fireballs are also able to defeat them.
So they're like Chargin' Chucks.
At 14:45 they reach the "fake"/first exit. Sadly, their demo time runs out there.

Oh, & when Talking Flowers in the "Jewel-Block Cave" level are freed, they gasp, & they aren't animate when in the Jewel-Blocks.
The matter of them surviving the blocks being shattered as a possible Durability feat aside, the fact that they do dialogue like gasp or "exhale* suggests they can't breathe. But they were likely trapped for quite a while.

Most humans will suffocate if unable to breathe for more than a minute, I'm pretty sure.

So is being in a Jewel-Block like being in stasis/suspended animation?
Or does it actually prevent breathing? Or just impede breathing?

Kind of a Stamina feat for talking flowers & anything else that can be found trapped in there, lol.

Also, should we count that the player characters can take hits from the giant Conk in the Wonder Event? Should we calc it by size or by destruction?

Also, should we count that the player characters can take hits from the giant Conk in the Wonder Event? Should we calc it by size or by destruction?
Probably not a useful feat but I think we might calc both use one

Last edited:
"Might calc both use one"? Pardon?
I believe we would look into both and have the calc group decide which to use depending on how big the difference the two results are.
Also, not a useful feat for the Toads nor Nabbit?
The toads are implied comparable to the brothers given they fought beside Luigi in 3 debatable 4 adventures and Nabbit fought the bros in a paper jam mission

Does anyone know where Kamek's range of Tens of Kilometers with magic and Universal teleportation come from?

1:22 Bowser smoke does a thing to make a horizontal pipe fall from where it was in the ceiling. Probably just destroying whatever was holding it there.

Video description claims the footage is from the game's website.

So I am going to try taking a deep dive into some games. Any suggestions for games to start with?
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition has a lot of stuff that's not on profiles yet iirc so that might be good game to look into.

Are we sure the Bubble transmutates? It could also just be straight up deletion. I've seen a lot of people arguing over it in other places it seems no one is sure which it should be. They "defeat" enemies straight up. Unlike the Gold Flower who's wording said "turns enemies into coins" we don't get that here. The enemies become coins BECAUSE they've gotten defeated inside the bubbles as most enemies drop coins on defeat. Does Mario have Transmutation in base casually for that?

I think the delete angle makes much more sense with that in mind.

Are we sure the Bubble transmutates? It could also just be straight up deletion. I've seen a lot of people arguing over it in other places it seems no one is sure which it should be. They "defeat" enemies straight up. Unlike the Gold Flower who's wording said "turns enemies into coins" we don't get that here. The enemies become coins BECAUSE they've gotten defeated inside the bubbles as most enemies drop coins on defeat. Does Mario have Transmutation in base casually for that?

I think the delete angle makes much more sense with that in mind.
I disagree it seems more similar to bubble baby Yoshi ability

can we, at some point (now or later), go over and clarify the potency of Bowser’s sealing?

like, what makes it "71 Layers", or somethin

cuz I know that shit is contentious enough that it'll eventually be brought up again

I've seen a lot of people arguing over it in other places it seems no one is sure which it should be.
Where, if you'll pardon my asking?
can we, at some point (now or later), go over and clarify the potency of Bowser’s sealing?

cuz I know that shit is contentious enough that it'll eventually be brought up again
The number 71 makes me think it has something to do with Super Mario 64, since you normally need 70 Stars to pass the neverending staircase, & Bowser has 1 more Star after he's beaten in Bowser in the Sky.

The number 71 makes me think it has something to do with Super Mario 64, since you normally need 70 Stars to pass the neverending staircase, & Bowser has 1 more Star after he's beaten in Bowser in the Sky.

That's what I'm thinkin, but someone said it's mostly a collect-a-thon gimmick for progression, due to how Power Stars are a requirement to unlock doors, so I'd like more input on it too

Yeah I don't think the way SM64/DS treats is can be legitimately considered Bowsers sealing having layers to it, think it might be best to make a Q&A thread about it to see what/if we have any standard about it.

I find the 71 layers very odd since it doesnt seal sentient beings, and theres no door in the game that is locked behind 71 layers or stars. Im fine with it being gone

Back