• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

I mean, generally this type of thread is just for funny chats between people who speak the same language and are not intended for anyone to feel a language barrier since everyone here knows that the forum is English and it's a habit, so I don't see any drama with this language thing, I would see it as an outlet for wanting to speak your language in the forum.

The only thing I would see a problem with is that if a member violates a rule by posting something very inappropriate in another language, making it difficult for other people to evaluate the situation and then want to limit the use of those threads.

Well, it's more of the negative potential being granted to trolls and the like, but an argument could be made that users can just report the stuff, however.

We went from language barrier to potential trolls? Anyway, I think it's a good idea as something to pass the time, but if it's found irrelevant or is somewhat problematic to implement then clearly it can be rejected as it's not difficult in itself to find the language threads once you've seen it. I am impartial to both.

Regarding rule violations based on usage of other languages: I remember reporting a member who previously had a Russian curse word in his username. It's not actually a big deal to prove that a person uses inappropriate words, especially when insults someone, thanks to websites such as Context Reverso. Any member who signed up on our forum must follow our discussion rules regardless of the language they are using.

These threads are made to bring people together, not to do malicious things or bypass the rules.

I personally do not mind creating such a sub-forum for people of specific nationalities to talk with each other, but the required language used in the discussion threads there would still need to be English in order to avoid problems with easily overviewing and properly moderating them when necessary.

What should we hypthetically call such a forum, and what instruction/information text should we use for it?

Last edited:
I suggest creating categories for authors who have several different verses on the wiki.
The companies already have their categories which gather all the verses which have profiles, and I think that we should also do it for the authors.

Thoughts ?

It can quickly get messy as often there isn't a single author for a given work of fiction, let alone it often having little relevancy for our purposes. Categories have quite little moderation as is, and adding a category that will quickly get misused (for example, how do we handle edge cases like crossovers, or public domain works indexed on the site being part of a now-copyrighted verse by someone else?) doesn't sound too favorable.

Applying this consistently is also easily way beyond the standard site-wide proyect, so I'd considerably disagree with that, especially as users would just check the respective wiki for that kind of information.

We can just call it "Multilingual Sub-Forum"
The information, well. Tell anyone who visited the Sub-Forum that the threads on these forum can use another languages than English.
If, and that is if, we create such a sub-forum, we would only allow English to be used there, as it would turn far too messy to moderate otherwise.

It can quickly get messy as often there isn't a single author for a given work of fiction, let alone it often having little relevancy for our purposes. Categories have quite little moderation as is, and adding a category that will quickly get misused (for example, how do we handle edge cases like crossovers, or public domain works indexed on the site being part of a now-copyrighted verse by someone else?) doesn't sound too favorable.

Applying this consistently is also easily way beyond the standard site-wide proyect, so I'd considerably disagree with that, especially as users would just check the respective wiki for that kind of information.
I agree with Bobsican.

If, and that is if, we create such a sub-forum, we would only allow English to be used there, as it would turn far too messy to moderate otherwise.
That would defeat the entire point of having the sub-forum. We can't expect an international community to all conform to a single language. Many users here speak no english at all and instead rely on machine translations to hold conversations.

Yes, I am fine with if they want to find local friends here, but not if they make moderating much harder for our staff.

That in itself shows the idea may not be favorable to begin with.
"Many users can't speak english, which is exactly why we should continue to enforce an english-only policy".

Today has really been testing my patience with this wiki, I swear to god.

Actually, come to think of it, are there not already several threads exactly like this in general discussion?

A good idea to place all such threads in a single forum, but still greatly simplify our staff moderation by demanding that English is used there, or a good idea to let our members use their home languages there?

Ant with all due respect, but the point of sub forum is not to speak English hence "Multilingual Sub-Forum"

Well, it would open up for people getting away with much more extreme language and sentiments than they would otherwise, which would both be inappropriate and likely damage our relationships with Fandom and Google Advertisements.

Well, it would open up for people getting away with much more extreme language and sentiments than they would otherwise, which would both be inappropriate and likely damage our relationships with Fandom and Google Advertisements.
So if I may ask, why those general discussions then exist?..

Because I haven't been aware of them previously, and they also haven't been reported as far as I am aware.

Perhaps we should create a staff forum discussion regarding this topic?

Is there a way to create a new tag system like Discord? Like "@everyone" for tagging all members. But in this case we use like "@Admin" to tag them all, or "@CGM" for Calc Group Member.

Would help when dealing with important threads and rather than tagging each admin at a time we do it all at once.

In this thread made by M3X
where he is asking for how to classify a page from an organization like Hand and court of owls this wiki as standards for civilizations and teams but i dont think any of those fit for cases like AIM, Hydra, League of Assassins, HIVE so maybe a new classification should be made for organizations

They are organizations that operate on global level or city level, they have (multiple) bases, leaders, corps, and such things.

Court Of The Owls is an organization that controls Gotham City and maintain the city in the shitty state it is. They don't fit a civilization because they aren't one. They don't fit a team profile because they're not a team.

Is there a way to create a new tag system like Discord? Like "@everyone" for tagging all members. But in this case we use like "@Admin" to tag them all, or "@CGM" for Calc Group Member.

Would help when dealing with important threads and rather than tagging each admin at a time we do it all at once.
Highlighting threads sort of does that, but I don't think it may be the best idea to do that as it could be pestering people who don't like being excessively pinged.

Highlighting threads sort of does that, but I don't think it may be the best idea to do that as it could be pestering people who don't like being excessively pinged.
Yes, agreed. It would have far too extreme potential downsides.

Among the instructions of Calculation Evaluations (New forum) is towards the end this:
"Calc group members should preferably give "likes" to the posts for blogs that they have evaluated in this thread, so other calc group members will know which calculations that have already been handled, but make sure to not do so for any other reason."
However, usually some random user does it and I think this may be affecting the already difficult call for attention that users have to make in the thread.
Is there any way to avoid it?

Well, the calc group members can simply click and check if other calc group members have given any likes to a request post, in lack of better options.

So I have a question (its pretty simple)
Is there a possibility to add a link in the description of sections from categories?

c346d5fc1b63c1883b423f7b5ec3ce32.png

b6b5b9fda65d9454178f3a57ab1166f3.png

Back