• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

What on God's Green Earth is this ugly ass underlining?
BE7eyzG.png

My suggestion for improvement is removing whatever this underlining is
I've contacted someone to see if we can get it fixed. I'm not seeing it on other wikis I frequent, so this looks VSBW-specific and not an issue with Fandom.

Yeah, it seems that it has occurred again. This has already happened before and was removed in a day. The reasons for this occurring is unknown.

This issue is also only prevalent in light mode.
Oh thank God, I was asking myself how adding an underline to every single link would somehow be more aesthetically pleasing

The issue from the underlining appears to be that internal tools detect issues with the color scheme of the wiki; link colors that are too light or too dark against a light background will have an underline added so that the link is more visible.

Either it will be rolled back, which is what happened last time this was an issue, or the link color itself could be changed and see if that removes it.

Look, Im an old man with not the best eyesight on this planet. I struggle to tell the letters apart because of their close color scheme. It sucks

I've updated the contast on light mode so that the underlined links are, but the contrast is now noticeably different:

rj614mQ.png
@Damage3245

Can you roll back our colour settings to how they were before you changed them please? I will talk with our wiki manager for help with fixing the underlined links afterwards.

Oh shit.

i just saw that @Damage3245 edited our colour settings so many times and so quickly that the last preceding revisions are not stored anymore. You are most definitely NOT authorised to suddenly perform this kind of drastic change for our entire wiki that turns its characteristic layout much uglier than previously. Only bureaucrats are supposed to mess with our wiki theme settings, and then extremely carefully.

Do you remember or did you note down our EXACT colour settings from how they were before, or does somebody have an old screencaptured image from how our wiki used to look that we can take colour code samples from please?

Oh shit.

i just saw that @Damage3245 edited our colour settings so many times and so quickly that the last preceding revisions are not stored anymore. You are most definitely NOT authorised to suddenly perform this kind of drastic change for our entire wiki that turns its characteristic layout much uglier than previously. Only bureaucrats are supposed to mess with our wiki theme settings, and then extremely carefully.

Do you remember or did you note down our EXACT colour settings from how they were before, or does somebody have an old screencaptured image from how our wiki used to look that we can take colour code samples from please?
I do have that noted down; it was 151b8d originally for the link text.

I wasn't aware that the theme designer had such a short memory space allocated for it, so I apologize for that but did keep note of it so it can be reverted without issue.

Bearing in mind though that with Fandom's current deployment, if we revert the link color back to what it was before then almost all of the links will be underlined which is a more glaring issue I believe.

EDIT: I have reverted it back to what it was before.

Okay. That is good then. However, I will ask our wiki manager to handle the issue.

Okay. That is good then. However, I will ask our wiki manager to handle the issue.
No problem. I was exploring options for a temporary fix which would fix the underline issue for users who had a problem with it, but in hindsight I'll double-check with you next time.

Hopefully the Wiki Manager can provide a solution that will let us keep our current aesthetics.

Fandom made some system changes that we had to adapt to.

I will create a public announcement thread about this issue soon.

@Antvasima

The functionality of the "Report" button on this forum is unclear. Does it send notifications to all thread moderators or only to the administrators?

The notifications it sends are only visible to me, AKM, Medeus, and DontTalk, and only if we go to a specific page. It should not be used, and maybe we should remove it, given that we have a rule-violation reports thread instead.

I agree that the bombardment of report queue does get tedious and it's better to use our RVR thread; if removing that feature is possible it would be good to me.

Of course it would be a bombardment since there are only 4 people who can handle it, I thought it was also available to the administrators which is how it should be. Tho I can understand that since we have RVT it should not be necessary and even more because sometimes users can report just because yes or just to troll.

I will ask AKM and DontTalk about if we should ask our forum system manager to remove that button.

I do not think that it is related specifically to this forum, except when its software is being updated at times. XenForo as a whole might be suffering from the same types of cyber-attacks from China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea as other companies from western countries continuously do.

Ant, I believe your statement is somewhat exaggerated. I think the countries you mentioned have more pressing matters to attend to than focusing on online websites.

Well, I have read plenty of news articles regarding ongoing international cyber-warfare from them, and XenForo as a whole is a large depository of personal information, but I am just guessing, so never mind.

Back