• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Organization Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Do they fit on Civilization or Team type of profiles?

I'm asking because I want to create a profile for The Hand organization and one for Court Of The Owls, both from Marvel and DC Comics.

^
You can make Team Profiles, not sure if that answers your question.

E.g. I'm sure an organization like Akatsuki or Kara from Naruto/Boruto would work for Team Profiles

The organizations I posted aren't like Akatsuki, but more like a civilization and a organization. They have bases, they have different leaders and such.

You know what? I realized this wiki doesnt have pages for Hydra or AIM or HIVE maybe you should set a new kind for actual big organizations not just like Akatsuki that only had 15 members

As in like a cort organization, band of mercenaries, or league of assassins? They all seem to fall under teams.
Court of Owls is more of a secret society, composed of untold thousands of individuals at minimum, with bases all over the world in most major cities (Gotham, Metropolis, West City, New York, etc) that run shit behind the scenes, usually composed of upper class individuals and the rich, with group and sect leaders, rituals and more. Even having their own technology, medicines and practices.
Creating them as just a team would be like making the state of Florida a team.

They also have effectively their own military force in the Talons and what not, countless superhuman undead soldiers basically (Normal dudes don't fight, theyre usually just rich assholes).

Traditionalist in me screams civilization page, but like... by definition they are a lot closer to a team, so I suppose a team page would work more.

They aren't a civilization either. An organization is closer to a team than a civilization. It is not a good fit for either but arguing the nitty gritty of semantics doesn't really interest me.

Brother chill out I’m not arguing semantics, a team profile for an entire organization like this doesn’t work, even if it’s closer to it than a civilization.
Court of Owls is more of a secret society, composed of untold thousands of individuals at minimum, with bases all over the world in most major cities (Gotham, Metropolis, West City, New York, etc) that run shit behind the scenes, usually composed of upper class individuals and the rich, with group and sect leaders, rituals and more. Even having their own technology, medicines and practices.
Creating them as just a team would be like making the state of Florida a team.

They also have effectively their own military force in the Talons and what not, countless superhuman undead soldiers basically (Normal dudes don't fight, theyre usually just rich assholes).

Could you elaborate on what you mean? The teams format can accommodate those, I believe, unless I'm missin' something.

Organizations work better as a modified Civilization format, since Team format is far more oriented towards the concept that like, every member of the team are indexable, hence stuff like Durability and Lifting Strength and everything.

For a large number of non-descript characters Civilization format works better, it gets rids of alot of irrelevant fields and I think only a few fields need to be slightly reworded or dropped. That was kinda the notion of distinction there when I suggested the format

If you think it fits better, go nuts, idrc. I wasn't a fan of teams being introduced anyhow. Don't stress too much about it on my behalf.

Impress seems to make sense here. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Should we clarify in our civilizations standard format page that organisations should also use this template/pattern?

@ImmortalDread

Would you be willing to help out here please?
Sure

A note like this would suffice: (Add Notes category for the page)
If you intend to establish a page for "organizations" within this fandom, kindly adhere to the Standard Format for Civilization Profiles template instead of using the team template. Organizations are better suited to a modified Civilization format, as the Team format primarily focuses on indexing individual team members and their attributes such as Durability and Lifting Strength.

Thank you very much for helping out, ImmortalDread. 🙏

Are you willing to appropriately add that text to the following two pages please, @Just_a_Random_Butler ?

Sure

A note like this would suffice: (Add Notes category for the page)
Thank you very much for helping out, ImmortalDread. 🙏

Are you willing to appropriately add that text to the following two pages please, @Just_a_Random_Butler ?

I have applied the changes.

To avoid any potential confusion with actual Organizations or Team pages, I have put a new section titled "Additional Information" to mirror the header title used in the Characters Standard Format, instead of just "Note" as a title, as I think it could be mistakenly interpreted as a section applicable to Organizations or Team pages.

Is that alright? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back