• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

I don't know. I personally like that the video from youtube embeds directly and it makes it easier to view.

I wonder if it could be set as something based on per-user configuration for the forum, like how there's a light and dark mode in that case.

I do not think that it would be easy to set something like that up, and my friend has to pay a lot for the worktime of our system administrator when he tries to do so.

Last edited:
I do not know. It seems better if our members just learn which type of code to use for links and which for embedded images.

Not know what? I just explained the issue on simple terms and I'm sure someone that manages the code of the forum would easily understand, especially considering that embedded stuff isn't a feature by default in XenForo and was clearly manually added with some external plugin as said before.
There's also an issue in that this extension also causes links to automatically go, as an example, from this
Code:
https://youtu.be/AxmpnlZgJxg?t=2
to
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]AxmpnlZgJxg[/MEDIA]

My main issue beyond the aspect is how timestamps are outright removed without warning, making communication harder to say the least.
I'll also mention that I understand if we simply lack the proper resources to do this kind of change at the moment, but that doesn't make it a counterproductive change, and in fact would ease doing revisions and the like out of better and more reliable communication on this regard.

Last edited:
Okay. I suppose that I can ask the others about this issue.

Here is the reply that I received from our forum system manager:

"This is something that has to be global. There is no user-specific setup for link unfurl. Either we activate it for all users or we stop it for all."

Mmm... in that case it would be a good idea to wait to see what other users think over this feature, although on my part I would support it being removed.

i have a little request, i sometimes use this (on fandom) when putting links because sometimes having more than one proof of the same case becoming. Any chance of bringing this feature here?
smMOYWU.png

What do you mean?
Think of a little sentence, and you have four proofs of an this incident. İnstead of fitting links to this evidence into little sentence, I'm talking about doing it on top of the numbers in order. Just putting the links in a more regular order is what I'm talking about

Okay. That seems difficult to apply, and not crucially necessary, as evidence can be linked to in other ways.

Please remember that we have to pay for all updates to this forum, and that we have not had a reliable advertisement service accept us yet.

Please elaborate. What do you mean more specifically?

Is that a suggestion for the wiki or this forum? We have no direct control over Fandom's own layout.

I do not think that we are able to mess with XenForo's standard settings to that degree, and am not sure if it would even be beneficial.

We also have to pay for these types of changes, and have no advertisements income to cover it yet.

If possible, I was wondering if we could update the Wiki to try and bring more awareness to these types of franchises:

Essentially, one is a list of Verses that need to be updated or expanded upon for one reason or another, and the other is a list of franchises that aren't even on the Wiki at all. I noticed that Wikipedia has something called "WikiProject", which helps to keep track of articles in certain groups, and what needs to be created. Would it be possible to incorporate something similar?

Well, we cannot force our members to get informed about different verses and create them against their wills, but the thread for already existing verses that need to have their qualities improved on seems useful to move to the wiki management forum at least.

Maybe I can move both threads to the wiki management forum. I have asked AKM about it.

I think these types of threads suit the general discussion board, not the wiki management. Firstly, we cannot ask users to make profiles for franchises that are not here, and there is no need either. We have tons of franchises and many users continue to add more every day. Secondly, for the franchises that already exist, we don't really need to tell people to make more profiles for them. This website is interest-based and whenever a user develops interest, they are free to make pages. We have no obligation to have pages of all the relevant characters of a franchise.

Okay. Never mind then.

For the record, I would also like if we add pages for Gold Digger and Girl Genius.

About "Franchises forgotten by the wiki", they are not only verses with missing profiles, there are also verses that are no longer updated, for example I am quite sure that the 6 great heroes have obtained new weapons and feats, but their profiles only reach the movie.
So although they are not all, we could at least see which ones entered the list because they had profiles left in the middle, with problems of feats or need improvements of some kind such as:
-El tigre's
-Combatants will be dispatched
-Nintendo Wars / Advance Wars
-Metarunner
among others.

Surely they do not exceed 10 of the 56 verses that are on the list but it would be something that if it would be helpful for the wiki.

Last edited:
Which should be fine to discuss on a general discussion thread. Attention can be brought to a verse there. A wiki management thread seems ill-suited because at last, a separate thread for the verse has to be created and these things cannot be discussed in detail in a wiki management thread. And for very outdated pages, there is always a profile deletion request thread, where if the profile is salvageable, supporters are messaged to fix it before deleting them.

It would be nice if we could expand the images on a slideshow by clicking on them, just as you can do with normal galleries. I know this is something only fandom can do, but it's really weird to not have the possibility to better see an image in a slideshow, as clicking on them does literally nothing.

The Fandom staff are currently in the middle of fixing the code for our image galleries so it turns back to normal again.

If you remind me via a PM after that, I can mention your suggestion to them.

I think we should delete matchup results involving Earthbound characters which are affected by the CRT from non-Earthbound characters' profile. For example, All Might VS Starman still exists in All Might's profile.

That would be a good initiative, yes. Feel free to do so, if the matchups are based on outdated statistics and/or abilities.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but did something change with the way the Wiki is displayed? I view the Web version on my mobile device, but recently it's all been messed up, with the top bar being moved to the side and the full page not showing all the way. Weirder still, this is the only Fandom site I visit that does this. Is there a reason for this?

It is the new FandomDesktop mode. You can go to the "Appearance" section in your preferences and use the previous Oasis version if you want.

Actually, given that we are a very prominent wiki, I think that we were selected to switch entirely to the Fandom Desktop, and cannot switch back anymore. However, the image galleries are supposed to be fixed soon, so it hopefully shouldn't be a major issue.

Actually, given that we are a very prominent wiki, I think that we were selected to switch entirely to the Fandom Desktop, and cannot switch back anymore. However, the image galleries are supposed to be fixed soon, so it hopefully shouldn't be a major issue.
I am literally on the oasis format right now. I can switch between them just fine.

Okay. My mistake then. Maybe they simply switched our standard layout to the Fandom Desktop.

Switching between them is something I was doing before I knew how to go to the recent changes using the new version. However the issue is sometimes when I update the page (F5) it goes back from oasis to fandom desktop.

Regarding Verse-specific Powers and Abilities, keep in mind that these pages should only be made when a significant number of characters possess the relevant ability, and that said ability should cover several other powers and abilities, in order to avoid redundant repetitions in character profiles. Some examples: Puella Magi Physiology, Nen, Haki, Servant Physiology
should be updated to include the fact that a CRT is required in order to make said pages. Technically if these pages meet the rules they should be fine, but I always see them being controversial and ending up being discussed, revised or straight up deleted after some time from their creation.

For this reason I think the rule should be expanded with a sentence like this (it can be improved, obviously):

Before creating this type of page, please make sure to have its addition accepted in a thread in the Content Revision forum. This because Verse-specific Powers and Abilities often tend to be controversial and they should be scrutinized by the Staff and the Community before being published.

Last edited:
Back